Personally to Jarulf
Hail Jarulf!

Since your Guide to Diablo and Hellfire was (and is) the most important base of knowledgement for these games, I wish you would make one for D2 and LoD, too. I know you once stated that you'd do that only if D2/LoD becomes 'stable', but hopefully it does get what it is supposed to be with the 1.10 patch. At least that's what Blizzard says, isn't it?
Please think about it. I believe MANY people would like to read it, and it would surely be helpful. Keep in mind that you had to do some newer Point Releases of your old guide back then, so why wait? You will want to upgrade it from time to time, so why don't you start with 1.10?
Let me assure you that this is neither an advice, nor a suggestion.
It is rather a wish of a fan. :)

If you'd care to answer, I think there are some more interested people out there...

Greetings, Fragbait

PS: to Bolty or any other Admin/Mod: please place this thread wherever you want. I might well have mis-placed it - where should one put this? It belongs to Diablo II and is not covered by the other forums...

PPS: It is indeed true that Jarulf looks at this site from time to time, isn't it? You even host his guide, so.... There is hope, yet. :)
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
I believe Jarulf has moved on. He doesn't even post on the Phrozen Forums anymore. :(
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Hail Fragbait,

I don't know if he reads Atma's or not; I've only ever seen him post in the DI forum (and this is *definitely* not a DI topic). Being intended for his perusal though, it would have best been PMed or emailed to him, rather than posted on a public forum ;)

Anywho, he stated many, many times a few years back that he had no intention of ever making a DII guide like he did with DI. A few people made their own guides - the closest to Jarulf's DI guide would have to be D-Dave's - but I am not sure if any of them shall be updating them for 1.10; we can only wait and see, eh?
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Hail Elric, almighty Administrator...

Really? Is that so... ;)

Well... Since this topic is of interest for some more people I think (am I wrong here?), I thought it would be a good idea to post it.
If he's using the search option, he will find it.
Perhaps you might even want to move the thread to the D1 Forum, as it is, as I think, somewhat related to it...
I can remember him saying that he would do a similar guide to D2 and LoD if they only become stable and without major changes to come one time...

Btw, could you give me a link to D-Dave's guide, Elric?

I agree that there's nothing but to wait and see, but if we show our interest, I believe that this will influence his/her decision on making the guide.

Let's hope the best :D
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Hail Fragbait,

"If he's using the search option, he will find it."

Would he? Why would Jarulf search Atma's for references to Jarulf? I don't exactly search the fora for my name - of cause, if I did, I'd probably get so many hits that the server would crash :D

"Perhaps you might even want to move the thread to the D1 Forum..."

No; this is the `correct' forum. As I said: messaging him personally would have been the best option.

"...could you give me a link to D-Dave's guide...?"

www.d-dave.de/

Just note that there is a rather obvious typo in the link to the guide that you'll need to correct.
Hail Elric,

I was concluding from me to others...I often search all forums for my names and limit the post time to 'last 30 days'.
But can you not limit the search results to the last 3 days or so? That would reduce the hit amount.

Think you are right about the correct forum. Still think I am right to post it :P :D

Thank you for the link.

Greetings, Fragbait

EDIT: It is 'the last 7 days' , ok ok ok.

- Bruce Lee

Hail Fragbait,

If I search Google for ElricOfGrans, I get 140 hits; "Elric of Grans" scores another 190. This wouldn't include every post I've ever made by a long shot - probably only a few posts. After all, if you tallied up ever post I ever made on any forum, it'd have to be 10,000 by now :D
Elric of Grans,May 14 2003, 09:57 AM Wrote:Hail Fragbait,

If I search Google for ElricOfGrans, I get 140 hits; "Elric of Grans" scores another 190. This wouldn't include every post I've ever made by a long shot - probably only a few posts. After all, if you tallied up ever post I ever made on any forum, it'd have to be 10,000 by now :D
:lol: OT: Plus theres all those people whispering names in dark corners of the forums (psssspssss " Elric" pssssspsssspsss "Jarulf" pssssspssssss ......)
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
Happy birthday Tal :)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Hail Elric,

In fact, when I meant 'all forums' I meant the 'search all forums' option of the lurkerlounge forums search option.
If you have an internet search engine search your name, it is totally clear that you will get tons of hits. Try using www.profusion.com if you want more quality hits that are sorted by relevance.
Furthermore, though I have not posted that much in here, and even only recent since I decided to embark and become a member, if you did once search 'fragbait' on google, you would get a lot more hits. That is due to the shorter and not so individual name, as everyone will agree.
I myself found the method of searching the ll forums perfectly fitting for me. I don't force anyone else to do so, though.
When searching for Isolde, one can find out some serious hints on upcoming things from Blizz,
and Jarulf is good if you want some math.
Pete is a good searchword for flaming and Nicodemus is good for very critical but well argumented statements.
Everyone is good for something. Let the newer ones learn to take their part, too.
As I'm already into it: any *sigh* or *cough* and smilies with rolling eyes don't belong into answers for serious questions. If the person who asks wanted to be treated like a newbie, and wasn't really interested in what he/she asks, he/she wouldn't have come here. While there are exceptions that you call 'trolls' or sometimes 'chat-speaking-no-spellers', I hope that the majority of askers is maybe newbie-ish but interested and doesn't want to spoil these forums. Treat them like that.
Respect should not only pe paid the lurkers who were there from the beginning, it means something.
Thank you very much for reading this. Btw, I'm gonna have to kill you... :D :D

Ah. Much better now. :)

Greetings, Fragbait

EDIT: if this is unclear: "Btw, I'm gonna have to kill you... :D :D" is just a quote of Na-Kruls speech in Hellfire. I don't mean to agress or offend anyone by that. Sorry for these that already felt offended.
EDIT2: Brista? No. I meant Isolde... B)

- Bruce Lee

Quote:Everyone is good for something. Let the newer ones learn to take their part, too.
As I'm already into it: any *sigh* or *cough* and smilies with rolling eyes don't belong into answers for serious questions. If the person who asks wanted to be treated like a newbie, and wasn't really interested in what he/she asks, he/she wouldn't have come here. While there are exceptions that you call 'trolls' or sometimes 'chat-speaking-no-spellers', I hope that the majority of askers is maybe newbie-ish but interested and doesn't want to spoil these forums. Treat them like that.

When you come here, you have to stay here for awhile to get that respect. We don't just toss it out to any old fool who strolls through the door. Laws of nature buddy: the strong survive, the weak perish. Those that can (and do) make a valuable contribution over the years become regular members here, and get the respect they EARNED. Those who post inane trash, who can't take the time to write properly and coherently, and who are just generally a nuisance don't get any respect, no matter how long they are here.

That is how we have ALWAYS operated, for years. It's not going to change. And I find your asking for it to to be rather irking.

Quote:Respect should not only pe paid the lurkers who were there from the beginning, it means something.

See my above comments.

Quote:Thank you very much for reading this. Btw, I'm gonna have to kill you... :D&nbsp; :D

Ah. Much better now. :)

. . . .

And that, my friend, is a great way to get yourself banned. Not only can you not postulate a comprehensive argument, let alone a cohesive one, but now you're threatening to kill one of the moderators? Smooth...

I wonder just how long you're going to last around here. My guess would be not very long at all.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote:QUOTE&nbsp;
Respect should not only pe paid the lurkers who were there from the beginning, it means something

What do you think does that mean? For me it means that each and everyone should be treated fair and politely. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:Those who post inane trash, who can't take the time to write properly and coherently, and who are just generally a nuisance don't get any respect, no matter how long they are here.

Do you realize how you treat me? Even a stranger (who I maybe am) knows that this isn't nice. And I haven't trolled, insulted, written stuff without content etc.

Quote:EARNED.

Why do you shout at me? Read the rules. Shouting is considered rude, and again, I didn't do anything.

Quote:And I find your asking for it to to be rather irking.

Who's the one who cannot spell? Nobody's perfect, Roland, just as Elric once said to Nico. Nobody.

Quote:QUOTE&nbsp;
Thank you very much for reading this. Btw, I'm gonna have to kill you...&nbsp;&nbsp;

Ah. Much better now.&nbsp;

. . . .

And that, my friend, is a great way to get yourself banned. Not only can you not postulate a comprehensive argument, let alone a cohesive one, but now you're threatening to kill one of the moderators? Smooth...

You really took that seriously, didn't you. I was corresponding to another thread, were I wanted to know what Na-Krul said in Griswolds Shop. Ask Elric, perhaps he can tell you more. It was not meant to be offending. If you felt aggressed, I'm sorry.

Quote:I wonder just how long you're going to last around here. My guess would be not very long at all.

So Roland. You've done almost everything to make me look rude and newbie-ish. Thank you. While you might be right that I will probably not answer in one of your threads or in one you participated in anymore, I am not going to leave now.
I have manners, and I love this game. There was no need to offend me like that.
I feel sorry that you had to do that, but what I said in my original post had to be said.

By the way, have you ever heard of smilies and their capability of conveying messages?
I mean, I made the statement where I quoted Na-Krul deliberately look funny, but you didn't even notice...

I feel quite deflated right now.
But I suppose that's what you wanted.

Adieu, Roland.

Fragbait

- Bruce Lee

My my, but aren't we all getting cantankerous? Overall, the entire forum seems to be rife with conflict lately.

I do hope that patch comes through soon, so we can all have something better to talk about soon. Methinks the anticipation is getting to all of us, in one way or another.

However, while I do think courtesy is owed to all, respect is definitely something to be earned. I may be a wonderfully loved/respected/feared/authority figure in another aspect of my life, but here I will be judged solely on what I post in this forum. Further, the judgment goes with a body of work, over time, not the result of a few posts over a few weeks.

There are all too many who arrive at the doorstep here, stride in and start pontificating without bothering to stop at the entrance hall, read the rules, study the audience, listen to some of the debates, etc. Those folks deserve a reminder at the least, and, should they persist, the written equivalent of a swat to the backside if they fail to live up to Lurker Lounge standards. We all have different styles in how we deliver such messages. Roland delivers one way, Nico another, Occhi another, Brista another, etc. etc.

Unfair as it may seem, newcomers are, in some ways, given short shrift in that regulars are indeed allowed the odd peccadillo, if it is uncharacteristic of their normal style. That is human nature, and you are not going to change it.

Minor comments:

While a whole sentence written in Capital letters qualifies as shouting, a single word written so generally denotes emphasis.

Spell-check is my friend. I seldom leave home without it. There are others here who forgo it. Those who make occasional errors need not be chided. Those who routinely hit the post button when the message is rife with errors will get reminded. (Mostly by me, as I do have more than a bit of the grammar nazi in me. B) )

Lastly: on the original point of this whole thread - Jarulf is around at times. He may be taking a bit of a break from forums following a contretemps over links at another place. However, he and others have commented about how difficult, pointless and unrewarding it would be to try to make a 'Bible' of D2, similar to the one he made for D1. A fellow called Addiction made an amazing attempt at it, and, despite the size and quality of his effort, it was still too much to do. Unless someone with a lot more time on their hands than most of us decides to give it a go, you are unlikely to see any such thing for D2.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Hail ShadowHM,

It seems that we all are in bad mood these days.
While I don't want to apologize, for I didn't do anything wrong, I may offer clarification here:

I] Respekt(german) := 1) treating another person in a certain way, especially if this person is wiser, older and has a higher social status
2) treating another person fair and politely and avoid getting arrogant or rude to this person

II] respect(english) := 1) treating another person in a certain way, especially if this person is wiser, older and has a higher social status
2) be careful when treating this person because he/she is handicapped or at least weaker (e.g. pregnant women)

So the reason for this misunderstanding was that I am German and thought of respect like in I]2), while Roland was speaking of the meaning II]1). This is due to me not being able to speak english as fluently and perfect as you are. Which is not my fault - I cannot do it better.
(i will learn however :lol: )

I recognize that the people that have contributed positively to this forums for months or for years get more respect(II]1)) than those who are lurking and posting here for no longer than a few weeks. I just wanted to point out that how dumb the poster may be, there is no need to answer in an arrogant or impolite way. Nothing else.
If some of you lurkers like flaming: please do. I won't and cannot hinder you. But don't expect me to honorate it. It is no demonstration of a strong character. By the way, ignorance can be a much harder punishment than flaming, consider this... ;)

I'm gonna keep this whole shouting thing in my mind. Won't happen again.

Although it is sad that I will have to give up hope for that guide, it has been a pleasure exchanging thoughts. Hope everybody is excited and cheerful when 1.10 finally comes out...

If I indeed again stepped on somebodies feet or insulted someone, please feel free to enlighten me.
Until we meet again...

Greetings, Fragbait

- Bruce Lee

Hah, now THAT'S what I call a friendly community.

EDIT: Just read the Rules. No fun at all.
no touchy.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Nicodemus Phaulkon,May 14 2003, 05:17 PM Wrote:no touchy.
Hey, I don't live on love and air alone either, you know?
Fragbait, you've posted 6 times in this thread in the space of a few hours

Now I have done that sort of thing myself - keep coming back to a thread and sending in rebuttal after rebuttal

Aterwards, I've always thought it was not the most sensible thing to do.

I think one gets oneself steamed up, and other people cross if you don't take the time to calm down a little

Not a flame, I hope, just something I recognise as something I've done but which I now try not to do :)
Heh...but you do have to admit that in general people are getting more and more hot under the collar lately. (this seems to be true with almost all the forums I post on/read - exception being Amazon Basin...still seems pretty calm there)

As for quick posting ... yea...it's not good to do, but it is sometimes neccessary to straighten things out.

So far you seem to be a pretty cool person Frag :). We're kinda in the same boat on Lurker Lounge though, we haven't earned our respect from members yet heh (at least I haven't from a few people) - but yea, over time we'll earn our keep unless the community's core has become stagnant (I don't know if it's happened here, but it happens on other forums I've been in where if you're not in the inner circle you're either ignored or distrusted by those in the inner circle).
Chaos < Logic > Order
One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle.
- Sun Tzu "The Art of War"
Quote:but yea, over time we'll earn our keep unless the community's core has become stagnant (I don't know if it's happened here, but it happens on other forums I've been in where if you're not in the inner circle you're either ignored or distrusted by those in the inner circle).

Interesting idea you put forth there. And in truth, a typical human dynamic that applies to RL groups as well as on line groups. :)

*checks to see if I have stagnated*
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete