Personally to Jarulf
My name is Fragbait. Please leave out the Mr. , if you don't mind.

If you read the whole thread, you might see that I did in fact not really ' scribble away without concern ', but tried to stay polite and on topic.
Although we had a misunderstanding (Roland and I), I received quite a lot feedback telling me I was not so terribly wrong with my points, thus I won't pay attention to your late and not very impressive flame (if meant so).
Having stayed polite and on topic, as well as having adjusted to the rules BEFORE and having posted some helpful answers (I hope so at least :lol: ) BEFORE trying to deal with a more general and more important topic has surely helped me with what you call:
Quote:You are not the first, and you won't be the last, and each person that enters and scribbles away without concern for the accepted standards of this community will be lambasted, many in a much harsher tone than you have received.

It helps to structure his replies, too.
I don't try to change something, and I don't complain about 'ill treatment'. In fact I just wanted some hope for a 'Jarulfs Guide to Diablo II and Lord of Destruction', and took the chance to state my point of view for dealing with each other in a polite way. I meant no harm.

Hope your questions/ unclarities have been solved. Sorry that you weren't given the respect you would have earned after 2 years of helpful posting of yours. Thank you for your input.

Farewell, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Fragbait,May 30 2003, 07:25 AM Wrote:My name is Fragbait. Please leave out the Mr. , if you don't mind.

If you read the whole thread, you might see that I did in fact not really ' scribble away without concern ', but tried to stay polite and on topic.
Although we had a misunderstanding (Roland and I), I received quite a lot feedback telling me I was not so terribly wrong with my points, thus I won't pay attention to your late and not very impressive flame (if meant so).
Having stayed polite and on topic, as well as having adjusted to the rules BEFORE and having posted some helpful answers (I hope so at least :lol: ) BEFORE trying to deal with a more general and more important topic has surely helped me with what you call:

It helps to structure his replies, too.
I don't try to change something, and I don't complain about 'ill treatment'. In fact I just wanted some hope for a 'Jarulfs Guide to Diablo II and Lord of Destruction', and took the chance to state my point of view for dealing with each other in a  polite way. I meant no harm.

Hope your questions/ unclarities have been solved. Sorry that you weren't given the respect you would have earned after 2 years of helpful posting of yours. Thank you for your input.

Farewell, Fragbait
Read what I wrote next time. Drop your attitude. I didn't earn squat and I said so. Who said you meant harm? I mean, did you actually read my post or just start "scribbling" again??

I have no questions. I have no "unclarities", nice word though.

My post was not a flame in anyway, I'm sorry your insecurities got the best of you. I know my solicitous use of "Mr" can really dig deep. Funny, I was actually trying to be supportive of you. Don't worry, won't happen again.
(This Is Not A Capper),

because I have a message for Fragbait, which is: don't leave. =)

I personally think you started out just fine, had a legitimate reason to post, and were polite in doing so. (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you didn't know that Jarulf has all but sworn he won't make a D2 Guide.) If things degenerated a bit from there, it doesn't mean they can't be returned to that level. For one, I think people were too quick to jump on you, and they read a bit too much into your posts. (You could help this situation by working on your grammar a bit; no offense intended!) A lot of us here remember the days on the DSF when 9 out of every 10 new posters were horrible @ssholes we couldn't *wait* to get rid of, and it seems some people haven't rid themselves of that automatic-hostile attitude. It's not needed here, because here we can ban the @ssholes if need be.

I for one would welcome you to the LL, but I doubt anyone here considers me a reg. ^_^ I'm more of a DSFer, but I do enjoy reading here because it's the only place I can catch quality Pete and Occhi posts (
not to mention Bolty, Jarulf, and other greats). ^_^ Besides, when I first started posting at the DSF, I remember getting tons of flames from people who (I felt) were misinterpreting me. I persevered, and look where I am today!...

...err, on second thoughts, maybe you should run while you still can!! ^_^; just kidding.

So stick around. You'll definitely learn a lot, and who knows, you might teach us something.

-Kasreyn
--

"As for the future, your task is not to forsee it, but to enable it."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

--

I have a LiveJournal now. - feel free to post or say hi.

AIM: LordKasreyn
YIM: apiphobicoddball
- no text -

But if you like to read someting - Ach. Here you are. :lol:
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
You must not read this. If you do, notice that I was just summing up the whole thread for you in my last post to make things easier.
Perhaps I should have read your post some 3 times to really understand every meaning (kind of tricky if you haven't learned english from the cradle).

Quote:My post was not a flame in anyway, I'm sorry your insecurities got the best of you. I know my solicitous use of "Mr" can really dig deep. Funny, I was actually trying to be supportive of you. Don't worry, won't happen again.

Sorry bout that. :unsure:
I didn't want to look insulted, but my response was obviously still a bit to harsh.
Oh well. Don't look back in anger, Grumpy. Give me time to learn.
Thanks for your input, again.

Greetings, Fragbait

- Bruce Lee

As to the George Bush quip, aha, you still harbor that frustration. You and more than a few million others.

Consider Harry Truman and G.W. Bush: a neutral observer might describe them both as beneficiaries of a particular political machine that put them forth as their front men. James Garfield as well, the archetype dark horse candidate, and for that matter, WJ Clinton in his initial election in 1992.

I guess my question to you would be: what's new in American Politics?
My answer would be: Nothing.

As Harry Truman himself might suggest "There is little or no news, just a lot of history that you have not read yet!" (That from his book "Plan Speaking.")

NEW?

Velcro was new.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete