Diablo II 1.10 Beta Test begins
I just started my first new 1.10 character, a "furymentalist." I haven't decided 100% how to alot my skill points yet (Only level 13) but I'll let you know how it turns out. Here is the basic plan.

Max fury, wolf, lycanthrope, and armageddon. Put the rest into fire elemental skills and HoW. This is alot of skill points already laid out, so I might just wait for b.net to be 1.10d before I make him. This sounds like a build basically like an old fury druid, but with armageddon hrown in to act like a fire and forget skill. (to be used like thunderstorm.

So far he kills best using his lvel 1 elemental skills to soften up the baddies then switching to wereform and going melee.

WKI
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Quote:I have had really odd results with runewords. More than half of them didn't work at all and I ended up with "Gemmed" armor and weapons.
Tried out all 20 runewords and 10 of them crashed me... very likely to have something to do with the runewords because the assertion errors would only occur just when I click to insert the last rune to complete the runeword and I didn't get crashed when I had socketed one of them into a wrong base item (and obviously got back a normal gemmed item).

For that matter I cannot replicate any of the runewords you created (except for Delirium which was lacking all those chance to cast stuffs). No idea what's going on.
Where are you guys getting all these runes? I'm a pretty avid single player person and I rarely get anything above Amn...
The runes are hacked into the character for testing. I never had a drop above Lem after 2 years of play lol. Also, after 3h of beta playing in A1/2 normal, I got the wonderful quantity of 2 runes :D
The Tainted class of monsters still cannot be targeted while they are shooting. This becomes most annoying when they are frozen during their attack animation.

And it looks like Corpse Explosion scaling is BACK, but I'm not sure if it's still base damage x number of players as in the early days.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I think a lot of people are trying things out with hacked characters on Single Player (as of course they have every right to do)

Actually finding one yourself will be hard. The Hellforge is a good source, The Countess is the best repeatable source
Good luck having enough skill points to go around. All those pre-reqs are going to be murder. :) Also keep in mind that Blizzard has said that it will be harder to reach the very high levels that people used to reach so that might make it a bit harder for you to be able to max out your 4 skills + "the rest." Personally, I tried out a Fire Claws + Armageddon Werebear (with a 6-shael Phase Blade) and he had some major problems with not having enough skill points to go around.

On the plus side, I think that Shockwave's duration seems longer than it used to (I was getting ~10.5 seconds of stun at slvl 20 and I don't remember it being that long before).
-TheDragoon
I started a Trapper this morning and to my delight the first thing I discovered was...

Blade Fury now leeches! Yay! And if it leeches that must mean it can trigger things such as CB and Spells. The Blender has a new toy AND it helps synergies!

Edit: Hah! So much for no "bad rares" anymore. A Norm Diablo dropped a rare bow with +1 min damage +1 dex and 2-8 cold damage. Yay.
@Brista: 'absorb' does nothing and never did anything either. ;)

(Edit: Ruv beat me to it, and in this forum I can't delete bosts. Blah.)
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Got the patch, picked a new necro, noticed how it seems to be begging you to create a bone-skills page necro, so I obliged.

I haven't noticed the rune scarcity that others have complained about--killing the countess at players 1/normal dropped me an Eld and a Ral(!) and i've gotten a few more as of early act 2. Are you guys using old characters? Maybe that's a one-time Uberdrop for me.

Yowza boss poison is kicked up, even with my new Cleglaw's Claw (75% poison duration reduce) andariel and radament's poison damage was brutal relative to their physical attacks. The temporary +50% poision res on the antidotes makes it worth loading a row (or more) for them. Temporary no-stamina loss after the stamina potion makes them useful, too, at least early on.

Apparent synergy bug: The bonus to Bone Armor from Bone Wall is listed as +15% damaged absorbed... but the actual effect (at least on the skill tab) is +15 points per level. Since Bone Armor itself only gets 10 points per level, and a mana cost boost, getting more than one point in BA actually hurts, at least until you've maxed Bone Wall and possibly Bone Prison.
Even if it were +15% you'd be better off with more BW than more BA at some point (I'm guessing this is how it works with most/all synergetic skills--get more points in high-level skills, even to use the low-level ones? seems to for necro bone tab).

Rares do seem to usually get more mods.

Does anyone know if the "Eth is ITD" bug has been fixed, and if so, what the Eth rune actually does in a weapon now? (I'm not entirely clear on what exactly -25% target's defense means, are 4 Eths ITD now?)

Edit: a bit more: Things seem much less inclined to attack a bonewall; the only thing I saw do it for sure was radament. Both my merc and other monsters would wander back and forth with their path blocked by it without attacking.

Does anyone have any info on player poision damage stacking? They seem to change that every patch...

-- Frink
Indefatigable @ Jul 3 2003, 09:28 PM Wrote:1. Something was done to mana leech. Nerfed somehow.

I've noticed that they finally fixed the Barb Mastery Critical Strike bug. Maybe since your damage is lowered your not leeching as much.
USEast- *x8_tuy

Current A. Basin Characters:
HoIyMackereI: Holy Shock Zealot/Healer Nightmare Act 1 [HC]
AgrelaLaw: Healer/FoH Pally Normal Act 5 [HC]
I started a Barbarian in the Beta Test thing and whenever he took a stamina potion, not only did his stamina recover instantly, it also gave him infinite stamina for about 20 seconds.

I have some strategy tips for other low level Barbs. Treehead Woodfist was really tough for a while, but then I came up with a strategy. Whenever his minions and some other monsters surrounded me, I would use Howl to scatter them, so I could fight Woodfist alone. Howl is incredibly useful now.

I was also having trouble with Ghostly monsters. I know Ghostly monsters have high Physical Resistance, and they also seem to have a 100% chance to chill now. A easy way to get around this until you get berserk is to have a poisoned weapon on your weapon switch. Just a 6 Poison damage over 2 seconds sword was enough for me to kill them easily in Act 1, although you should get more in later difficulties. Poison seems to be much more effective, although I'm not sure whether I'm just now noticing this or not.

So far the patch is really good, I think. I also liked how Frenzy and Concentrate can get a Magic Damage bonus from Berserk. I've only tried a barb so far.
USEast- *x8_tuy

Current A. Basin Characters:
HoIyMackereI: Holy Shock Zealot/Healer Nightmare Act 1 [HC]
AgrelaLaw: Healer/FoH Pally Normal Act 5 [HC]
Bolty,Jul 4 2003, 02:40 PM Wrote:And it looks like Corpse Explosion scaling is BACK, but I'm not sure if it's still base damage x number of players as in the early days.
Might be so. There is a new difficulty modifier now for the Corpse Explosion.
MonsterCEDamagePercent
50 =normal
35 =nightmare
20 =hell

This would help to keep the skill under control without forcing it to almost impotence in an 8 player game as was the case in 1.09.
I'm not even bothering to download the patch, because I want it to be a surprise... :( But, I must ask this question. Are there any changes on the charged items? New charged spells, cheaper to repair, or even recharge on itself?(oh please oh please oh please :P ). Nobody seemed to mention it for some reason...
The players command seems to be boosting more than hitpoints or experience... my paladin, after initiating players 8, suddenly began whiffing like crazy... having 3 or 4 zeal routines find nothing but air. This doesn't occur when on players 1, from my limited viewing.

Lightning Strike works and BOY HOWDY does it ever. A zon with maxxed Lightning Strike and Lightning Fury makes a huge bloody mess in less time than usual. The rich get richer.

Corpse Explosion is back, indeed, Bolty. Along with the improved landspeed and AI of the monsters coming into one's Revives, Corpse Explosion seems to be ripping through things at an alarming rate.

Edit: btw... Pit Vipers groups and their Bone Spears are now the official Scariest Sonsabitches in the game, bar none. Yeeeeeesh.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Does anyone know whether multiple teeth can hit a single monster now? If so teeth would be stiff competition for CB.
Heh, almost makes me wish I didn't let my account slip between the cracks since last time I had played. I may need to re-create Weissach (the ORIGINAL elemental Druid) once v1.10 goes mainstream and see how he does. :D
See you in Town,
-Z
It should be 12.59-22.67 (actually 12-22 in your case you got some synergies going) damage, but the display is messed up. Pretty easy to confirm with a few points placed in it. It is doing the correct damage from what I can tell it is just display the damage wrong, and in a consistend fashion (slide a decimal two to the left).

So this one isn't that mysterious anymore.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Eep. Extra Fast and Extra Strong (and technically Aura Enchanted) aren't the only things a boss' minions inherit. Coldcrow's (cold enchanted archer boss in the Caves) minions could chill me on every shot. I know that Bosses are the same color as their minions but it was definitely not her. This could be REALLY icky in Hell if they ALL inherit stuff from a boss who is say... LE/FE/CE? Sweet mother of all things that are holy.
Have you noticed if Revive are dying if you get too far away from them? I know that in 1.09 I often had the problem of minions not teleporting to catch up with me and simply disappearing, instead. However, now I haven't had that happen once on my Druid minions and I was wondering if it was the same for everyone. :)
-TheDragoon