Another Diablo III story idea
"What's wrong with Sarah? She's the coolest thing in the whole game."

It took me a few minutes to get that.

My main problem is that in warcraft 3 a lot of the characters were like Kerrigan, so I'm hoping they come up with some new ideas for characters when they make more games. Kerrigan in Brood war is cool though, and is one of two scariest characters in blizzard games.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Guys... I am surprised no one has brought this up yet. Here's a neat little trick i noticed a while back. Dust off your Diablo 2 manuals, and flip to page.... [here is where I stood up, looked through my closet, and found Diablo, Diablo 2:LoD, Warcraft, and Warcraft 2 manuals]. Well, since I can't find my manual, and a 10 minute google images search yielded nothing, if anyone can scan the page in, or find a copy on the internet, that would be good. Anyhow, the page is on the right side of the manual, in the story section talking about the horadrim. The picture shows the horadrim sealing away a prime evil, and at the top of the image, in the 'runes' it says Diablo III. Neat, huh? I will continue looking for a page number, but if someone else could get one, that would rock.
I think I see it on page 77.
Actually, if you note that every other "letter" is in English, it reads D|i|a|b|o|l|3
Quote:What Izual reveals in D2 bears no reasonable link to what is said or understood in D1, and is practically an unsubstantiated reversal of the story. It's akin to writing a Superman story where green kryptonite, for no explained reason at all, actually helps Superman to live... it flies in the face of what is already lain down, and its veracity comes only in the form of a character dropping out of the blue and saying it to be so.

Actually, I believe your forgetting an important piece of the D1 history here. Diablo's soulstone laid dormant underneath the church (which of course was built on top of the Horadrim monistary) where, over the ages, he was able to grow stronger and corrupt the soulstone, allowing him to overpower the mind of Lazarus and Leoric. Leoric eventually snapped, and Laz brought Albrechet down to take the soulstone into his body to become Diablo's "Avatar" or whatever youd like to call it.

So, from my perspective, the soulstone corruption was already laid down in the D1 Mythology.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Hi,

Don't know if you've heard of it yet. Diablo 3 , that is:
[Image: diablo.jpg]
Hope dies last... :)

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Excuse me Fragbait, but where did you get that image? I've tried googling and going to Blizzard's main site, but all I can find is chat board rumor and speculation. I went to the website at the bottom of the image, and it looks like this is just a product of this guy's artistic license. It's not fair to post something of uncertifiable credibility with no link or press release.
Sorry to get so antsy, but you've got me drooling, and I want to believe, but I've been hurt too many times before.
If you could give us some idea of where this came from, I can stop peeing my pants. Thanks.
Hi Butch27,

Sorry to say that I got it from google-fu myself. I was trying to find a neat pic for my sig and that's what I found on the 15th-or-so page...
Pretty well done if you ask me. That's why I placed it here on the first place.
I don't think that this is an early preview of Diablo 3 though, I'm afraid...

Good to see that I'm not the only one looking forward to the sequel, though... :D

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
The second line says "Mock game cover design by Michael Yazijian"
Quote:How do Azmodan and Belial look? Here is how I think they look:
Azmodan:A huge demon with burning wings and massive claws heavy armor with spikes all over it in his right hand a great sword and in his left hand a big shield.
Azmodans sword:A red dragon with his mouth wide open out his mouth comes the blade, a red and yellow glance all over the blade the shape of it is like a flame so the form and color will make it look like the dragon is spitting fire! The blade will do massive fire damage.
Azmodans shield: The massive skull of a dragon placed on a heavy plate of some very strong metal. The skull, surrounded by smaller human skulls, has gems placed in it.
Belial: A very, very long, thin, blue creature with two long grey horns on his head. He has no weapons but can change both hands in to swords and knifes, when he holds both hands together he can change it in to a huge maul.

Azmodan : Winged, massive red demon with a dead ram's skull for a face , twisted in form to look very evil and 2 massive curled horns , demon has a tail, and lots of spikes and thorns all over. Red lightning and baal nova attacks, varous curses and huge fireballs.

Belial: Big, tall brute in black and red twice as tall as player with 2 massive horns and a brutish ass face with rows of sharp teeth. summons various colored fireballs and bloodstars. Also another idea of him but tis quite weird .... post it later.

Also, I think Horned Death refers to the horned demons we saw in diablo 1.
I know for a fact that Belial looks like a chocolate Lab puppy.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:I know for a fact that Belial looks like a chocolate Lab puppy.

Oh noes, he's coming to get us!

*Grabs his rusty Arkaine's Valor and prepares for battle*

:P

Cheers,

Munk