Another Diablo III story idea
i think that the forces of Hell would tempt the characters who long for recognition among the NPCs.

the most likely suspects are Gheed, Geglash, Meshif, or Natalya. each one has a mild dislike for the NPCs around them, yet each one feigns friendship for the right price.... i think despite their strong personalities, each would fall to Hell's influence if presented with the right package.

the "Three" already got to Nihlathak, playing on his revenge factor-- and his magic powers were just a plus.

the previous four characters need their egos fed-- and Hell could offer them power in exchange for undisputed loyalty.

a kind of "you scratch my scaley back, and i'll scratch yours..."

Cain seems like the kind of dude to fight to the end, and not be brainwashed.

-= Heat Miser =-
...when you drink as much beer as I do; you gotta lift weights.
Meshif wouldn't join because they ruined his home. Geglash wouldn't join because he was a warrior against them and they are the reason he gets drunk. Natalya wouldn't join because she is against mages, and the main ones are definately mages (among other reasons). Gheed would join for money. :)
I don't care what happens in Diablo III, just as long as they include the noble art of cow-tipping :)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I'd like Diablo III to be a first person RPG similar to Menzoberranzan, Eye of the beholder and Morrowind but with a strong Blizzardesque 'feel'...
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
That may be a little hard anyways, From what I remember the founder's of Blizzard North (Erich Schaefer, Max Schaefer, David Brevik and Bill Roper) have all quit, er, resigned to pursue other opportunities, supposedly not including DiabloIII.
Steve: So lemme get this straight, your a highly evolved creature from another dimension ?
Bob: Aye
Steve: And your the most talented and powerful, now tell me if I get this wrong, reality bender of your race and you've come to earth to protect this planet from the coming of a, ah, great evil, right, how am I doing?
Bob: Aye, that's accurate enough I suppose.
Steve: And your name is....Bob?
-Mystery Of The Bob
http://www.geocities.com/different_wings/films.htm
Personally, I like the way D1 and D2 are laid out. I know a game that uses sprites instead of 3D graphics is virtually dead now, but I still like the look and feel better than current 3D games, save for first person shooters. Take Dungeon Siege for example... you can change the view to just about whatever you want, however I still like the way D2 looks better. Perhaps if they included an option for first person view, 3rd person view (10 feet back and a few feet up), and a zoom feature. That would make everybody happy :D .

As for a D3 idea? My honest impressions of the D2 story is that the worldstone fragments allowed the demons known as Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal to live in the Material Plane, otherwise they were just pure energy and couldn't manifest physically which is why they can never really die! Soo... when the worldstone was destroyed, this actually bridged a gate between hell and earth, allowing anything to pass freely into earth's domain form hell and from hell into earths domain... at least thats the impression i got from it. Which means a LOT of deamons to fight and a lot more story.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I doubt there will ever be a D3, but in case they do make it, It won't be called 'Diablo'. It will bear a different title, something like the 'Fallen Angel', and would revolve around the corrupted Tyrael (who would be the final boss). The story could very well involve Azmodan and Belial, to whom there was only passing reference in D1. But no Diablo, Mephisto or Baal. Enough of those!

I'd like to see more monster varieties in D3. (How about a dragon or two thrown in for good neasure?)
I'd like to see the return of the Monk character class from D1 expansion (Hellfire)
Also, an Asian (oriental) theme Act with Pagoda buildings, crazy ninjas and samurai warriors...that woul be nice..
Or how about a REAL desert with sand dunes,where the characters leave footprints as they walk.....

But again, I don't think it will ever be made.
I have sometimes wondered just what Natalya is doing there in A3 - "waiting for orders' or some such nonsense. I feel as though she will have a role in DIII, should it ever be made. Not sure whose team she will be on - but otherwise, she just makes no sense.

I sure hope they don't *improve* it the way they improved Warcraft 3. I am not a WC3 fan.
I think she just hints on one of the two upcoming character-classes in 'Lord Of Dstruction', the assassin.
That's probably her only purpose, I'd say.

As to what concerns the ideas that have yet been said: Very interesting.
Especially Aazmodan and Belial, aswell as the 'Asian Act' sound very appealing to me.
Perhaps You all should write Blizzard your ideas. Maybe they'll like 'em! :D

After all, I just hope That there WILL be a Diablo III, whatever it may be called then.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
It will of course be called diablo. Look at the final fantasy series - there's nothing in common except chocobos and Cid between the games, but they all bear the same title. Not doing so is finaicially stupid suicide, your name sells itself. A game with a corrupted Tyrael as the end boss would have the entire storyline of the diablo universe behind it, definitely a chapter in the Diablo series.

But, with the head folks leaving, you might see a 'generic' spinoff of the diablo series from roper and co (they went to the same company, didn't they?) if blizzard doesn't.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Mad Man,Sep 23 2003, 03:12 AM Wrote:I have sometimes wondered just what Natalya is doing there in A3 - "waiting for orders' or some such nonsense.  I feel as though she will have a role in DIII, should it ever be made.  Not sure whose team she will be on - but otherwise, she just makes no sense.
There's a dialogue after you kill Mephisto that she's supposed to say, but she's already left and you can't hear it.

To hear it, you must have killed Mephisto, but join a game where somebody hasn't killed him yet. Then (apparently) you'll be able to hear it.

The gist of it is that her orders were for her to head north to the Barbarian Highlands, while you pursue Diablo into Hell. I'll let you guess why :)
Just to say I like your member number SwordAzon... 1337.... lol :lol:
Definitely would like to see Azmodan and Belial. And I've been wondering for years just how powerful this "Horned Death" really is. :blink:
See you in Town,
-Z
What do you think Azmodan and Belial will look like? Any ideas?

I picture Azmodan as a huge balrog type (like those balrogs in Act 4 who spit a jet of flame), but much bigger and more muscular. Twice the size of your character.

As for Belial, I think he should be of animal or insect shape. Maybe a giant slug, or a huge spider about the same size as Duriel.
I always pictured Azmodan as a mage type thing... kinda like a human. Like the summoner, only much more evil looking. And he can cast blood star (what those witch things shoot... the red stars). :)
might i suggest a book by Wayne Barlowe titled Barlowe's Inferno.

there be many a devil pictured within, indeed.

-= Heat Miser =-
...when you drink as much beer as I do; you gotta lift weights.
And I will take a SWAG or two here:

The Assassin, Natalya,

The Barbarian, Larzuk

The Amazon (new name) will be the choices for characters.

The Paladin (Halbu from the Fortress)

Farnham will return as the mentor of the character, Cain will be an evil NPC, and that SOB Kaelen will have turned to the dark side! Asheera will be running a brothel, Anya a Massage parlor, and Atma of course a bar. Kashya will show up late game as an opponent, having gotten turned late by some latent evil at the Monastery. Greiz will be friendly NPC.

Assassin for the Tekken and Street Fighter Crowd, and her assets.

Barbarian for the Ahnold and EA Sports Crowd.

The Amazon for her assets. (Who is the gaming audience???)

Paladin for marketing reasons

Anyone want to wager me a +1 mana grand charm on this one? :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
How do Azmodan and Belial look? Here is how I think they look:
Azmodan:A huge demon with burning wings and massive claws heavy armor with spikes all over it in his right hand a great sword and in his left hand a big shield.
Azmodans sword:A red dragon with his mouth wide open out his mouth comes the blade, a red and yellow glance all over the blade the shape of it is like a flame so the form and color will make it look like the dragon is spitting fire! The blade will do massive fire damage.
Azmodans shield: The massive skull of a dragon placed on a heavy plate of some very strong metal. The skull, surrounded by smaller human skulls, has gems placed in it.
Belial: A very, very long, thin, blue creature with two long grey horns on his head. He has no weapons but can change both hands in to swords and knifes, when he holds both hands together he can change it in to a huge maul.
I was thinking about this when I was watching Tyrael shatter the Heart of the World in the final cinemantic: what is the ultimate result of this action?

The idea: The Destruction of the Worldstone re-wrote the world. Magic and the influences of the ethereal realms vanished in an instant— Sanctuary is cut off from Heaven and Hell permanently and is now no longer a factor in the Great Conflict. Souls can no longer pass to the ethereal realms, and all memory of this age is wiped from the denizens of the world. Magic ebbs away in the tides, strange creatures slough away into the dust, and the world as it was once known disappears— to become the world we know now.

Sanctuary becomes ordinary. Everything becomes mundane. The fantasy world turns into the real world with the destruction of the Worldstone.

No one knows. No one remembers. The societies and nations of mankind move forth with mundane technology, their link to the ethereal realms is a vestigial memory in the form of religious faith. Magic does not occur, and the true ties of the mortal world between heaven and hell are non-existent. Humanity toils forth oblivious of what lies beyond. Things move along into the modern age, and perhaps even beyond into a futuristic world...

...and then— the schism that has long separated the mortal world from the mystical is re-bridged once more. Angels and demons return to the physical world, to the world of men, and find that mankind has grown ever more powerful with technologies and crafts that mimic the very powers of angels and demons. The Sin War is made anew, as the prize to be won— Humanity— has become ever more important.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Tell me more, tell me more!

I like the sound of this. Would be a nice way to tie WC/SC and Diablo all into one. I still think Protoss are a smarter, psychic offshoot of Orcs. :P