! OMG - Don't wear the Annihilus Charm !
hanging out in Open Tech Support on USWest. Since I created my own theory (which is explained below).

Quote:Fact: The Diablo Clone is triggered by selling SOJs, which everyone knows was the #1 duped item in the game. Normal players who found them legitimately are not going to be the ones selling them.
Actually, this could just be a Red Herring to convince people to sell their SoJs, since, as you say, people who found their own are not going to be selling it. Also, even if it is triggered by SoJs, you don't have to be the one to sell them to get Diablo XP Pro to spawn.

Quote:Fact: The only way to get the Annihilus Charm is by killing the Diablo Clone.
Or via trading.

Quote:Fact: You either need a totally twinked character (probably obtained from cheating), or a whole lotta help to beat him
Ever heard of Prevent Monster Heal/Poison+Lower Resists or Conviction/Magic Hammer? (P.S. I plan on beating the D Clone as a summoning Druid with no status points, just to prove it can be done... if only I could get him to Hell ;) )

Quote:Fact: Wearing the Annihilus Charm is about a close to 'sticking a soul stone in your head' as you get, via current game mechanics.
Well, as no one I know has worn a 1 socket circlet (or possibly cap) as their helmet and then attempted to put the charm into it...

Anyway, time for how it really will go down! First off, Diablo XP Pro isn't the World Event (I've actually thought this since the beginning, but now that I have this harebrained scheme thought up...). DXP is just a ruse to fool the ignorant and weak-minded fools that so sadly populate most of Sanctuary these days. The real World Event is actually triggered by the Chat Gem (possibly by using a dead Hardcore character who was slain by a quill rat) somehow... Then, that Big Bad Small Charm O' Power will morph all characters holding it into something else/killing them (I haven't fleshed this idea out much, since I just thought it through yesterday). Then, the Real World Event (which can only be played by those non-1337 dudes (AKA us, the people who don't say "LOLZZ!!!!11 nooblar got pwnt) will be made (1 cracked sash+black tower key [which will be enabled first, of course]). It sends you into the Secret Chicken Level (which is more of an act than a level, with 2-3 quests) with the boss of: Reziarfg! When he dies, he drops, among other things (not that it matters, because he only spawns in HC ladder (if it isn't HC ladder, some other character replaces him, and isn't as strong [a disabled boss from D1, maybe?]), and he is nigh invincible) the Mirror Shield, a unique Tower Shield that has awesome stats, namely the ability to occasionally reflect ranged attacks outward from the defender, and doesn't display a graphic in the game (since a mirror doesn't really have a color...), instead your weapon deflects it (lightsabre action!!). This will also unlock the Urban Legend cut-scene, which adresses all myths as being true, regards every rumour as fact, any legend is shown to be valid and finds fabrictions by random people 100% correct.

Messages In This Thread
! OMG - Don't wear the Annihilus Charm ! - by rriggs - 01-23-2004, 07:53 PM
! OMG - Don't wear the Annihilus Charm ! - by Obi2Kenobi - 01-23-2004, 11:25 PM
! OMG - Don't wear the Annihilus Charm ! - by rriggs - 01-26-2004, 03:30 PM
! OMG - Don't wear the Annihilus Charm ! - by rriggs - 02-10-2004, 04:45 PM
! OMG - Don't wear the Annihilus Charm ! - by Guest - 02-16-2004, 06:40 PM