Advice on Spellcaster Necro build
A mixture of what both of these guys say i would say is ideal. Both make very good points. I would follow what Hulk lists out and instead of maxing bone armor put about 2-3 points in curses. Try to find a wand like umes that has decrepify on it already so you dont' have to waste points in the pre curses. even if you put umes on switch weapon it will help save some points. also i have recently used attract on a cowin nec i made and i have fell in love with it. It is by far better than bone spells for crowd control. it isn't over casted so you can cast attract on a couple monsters and then amp or dec and let them kill each other. I love that. Also, attract won't "lag" the game like a bone prison will. (that is if you are casting many in a crowded zone) so i find it especially useful if you are hc to use attract. Oh and the best thing about attract is that it takes care of the mummies in Act 2 because the other monsters should kill them for you. SWEET DEAL! Over all i think your friend will have a lot of fun with this build and you probably will make one once you see the power of it. Oh, and also, don't break your bank trading for the uber nec gear for him. this build should allow you to have moderate nice gear in hell even. So don't worry if you can't afford an enigma or cta's just yet. He should be fine with necro gear you can find or eaisly trade for. Just look for items with +skills, faster cast rate is very helpfull, mana, res, and vit. Faster run/walk never hurts while crowd controling. When you make it to hell is when you will know if your gear needs an uprgade to better gear. Untill then you should have no problem at all.

The main thing is just to make sure you have enough life to tank a couple hits while crowd controlling. Even though you shouldn't ever get hit with him.

Good Luck,
-NeoD

Messages In This Thread
Advice on Spellcaster Necro build - by Ajax - 08-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Advice on Spellcaster Necro build - by Brasslock - 08-04-2004, 01:38 AM
Advice on Spellcaster Necro build - by Wyrm - 08-04-2004, 06:20 AM
Advice on Spellcaster Necro build - by Hulk - 08-05-2004, 09:14 AM
Advice on Spellcaster Necro build - by neod - 08-07-2004, 08:18 AM
Advice on Spellcaster Necro build - by neod - 08-07-2004, 02:41 PM