Well, if they wanted to stop hills farming...
...I think they succeeded.

Cat slinger pack of 11 at Tundra wp doing 650 dmg a volley in what was effectively a stairtrap from the bridge. The boss didn't even have any dmg modifiers...

Mind you this was NIGHTMARE.
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
My necro loves those slingers...

Necro: "Artillery.. fire!!"

Slinger revives: <foompf! foompf!>
That may very well be, but first you have to kill them in order to revive them.
Dix...

"Facta Non Grata"

[Image: dixen.gif]
It's not like necros or barbs are actually effected by the 1.10 patch. Taunt, howl, grim ward (like it's even needed), stun, bash, warcry, confuse, dim vision, minions... the vast majority of the 1.10 difficulty is removed by them.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
The Foothills is awful terrain for a summoner. Zookeepers generally do best with wide open spaces and (if using thorns) lots of melee attackers

I'm loving the first half of act one right now :)
Go go act2 merc!!
in 1.10 these zoo-pets are a bit more... ummm invigorated.
I have never seen a skeleton run as fast until now..
The slingers dont need to be very mobile. As long as they annihilate a few enemies on the next terrace.

Perhaps you should check yourself!

YMMV of course.
I agree with Brista. It doesn't matter if they're mobile and smarter, the skeletons start dying when they get separated from one another and the terraces do a mighty fine job of splitting them into "subpacks".
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
I tend to be a very active supporter of my minions, and use attract and decrepify to keep the heat off my minions. Decrepify is very nice with the -75% damage (halve speed and halve damage, and you're doing 1/4 the damage over time), and it also give -50% phys resistance! The more I do to help my minions, the faster I go, and the easier it is for me to stay safe as well. Attract is particularly good for keeping FA off my skeles, and bone spearghtning off me.
It's not closing down that's the issue, it's the terrain

It's hard to concentrate force when half of the lads are looking for the stairs up :)