Jarulf, a question re Shrine Seeds
To all, and Jarulf,

I understand many/most feel that Shrine Seeding can be (re)set to "random" (for such shrines as Hidden and Mysterious) by entering and leaving many dungeon levels.

Would this also be true of Tainted Shrines (+1 to a partner's random stat, -1 to all others)?

Also, about how many dungeon levels should one expect to enter/leave before the randomization takes effect?

Finally, does this randomization process also hold true for Single Player games? Is the shrine seed performed the same for Single Player as for Multi?

Attika
Well, last time I checked Tainted Shrines didn't appear in Single Player...
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I found a total of 3 distinct questions, actually.

1. Is Tainted shrine also affected by the seeding bug?
2. What is the number of levels one must enter to "randomize" the seed?
3. Can the seed be "randomized" in single player?

As for 2., I know there has been a lot of discussion about the game's level memory getting overwritten by monsters, items, shrines, barrels or whatnot on the succeeding levels you enter, so that THAT is what causes the "randomizations". Or something along those lines.

I've always had a fondness for non-deterministic algorithms but for a game, this is pretty sloppy coding on their part.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
>I understand many/most feel that Shrine Seeding can
>be (re)set to "random" (for such shrines as Hidden and
>Mysterious) by entering and leaving many dungeon
>levels.

Yeah, that is it more or less.

>Would this also be true of Tainted Shrines (+1 to a
>partner's random stat, -1 to all others)?

Sure.

>Also, about how many dungeon levels should one
>expect to enter/leave before the randomization takes
>effect?

I really have no idea. never looked into that.

>Finally, does this randomization process also hold true
>for Single Player games? Is the shrine seed performed
>the same for Single Player as for Multi?

Yes, it applies to any game.

Just to elaborate on the number of levels to enter. What is of interest is the "objects" in the dungeon. Objects are everything that is not a monster or an item. All shrines, tomes, chests, bodies, burning croses and other such random placed dungeon filling are objects (Doors are objects too by the way). There is probably a limit like max 128 of them or something, don't remember how many. Only those that are actually suposed to give some random result when activated (and hence only those that can be activated). I have nver bothered looking at how many such might exist on a level. Since the game fill the table from the start for each level (and in a specific order for object types which I don't remember all of any more) it might take some time and levels.

Regarding Yogo_Baar's post:
>1. Is Tainted shrine also affected by the seeding bug?

I think the question was actually if the randomness can be rest by visiting more levels. IN case the above was the actual question, yes it is affectd and will preferably pick dexterity as is noted in my Guide.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.