Can +bow skills stack on Zon bows?
I just found a three-socket Reflex bow with +1 to Amazon bow and crossbow skills, and it got me wondering: If I were to put the Melody rune word in the bow, would I end up with +4 to bow and crossbow skills (in which case, I'd be better off hunting for a three-socket +3 Matriarchal or Grand Matron for my hypothetical Ko rune)? Or is the bonus to bow and crossbow skills capped at 3 (in which case a faster and/or higher damage bow would be a better Melody candidate)?
Zyr

I'm pretty sure that it works like when you have a superior item wth +%damage.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
It does stack normally. There is a cap of +7 to a skill tab on a single item, but AFAIK, you won't ever run into that in an unmodded game.
Heiho,

yes, this will work, you can get a +6bow/xbow skills Melody bow that way.
OTOH Melody is not so much of a really powerful Runeword because of its low physdam.
For a Frostmaiden I'd rather put 3 PSapp into the sockets (or indeed take a +3skills/5socket amabow with PSapp, or, because of everything is possible with the cannon, a Buritza), but at least a Frostmaiden would not be disturbed by the KB effect like a Pyrozon - knocking away the enemy from the fire patch is not exactly always useful (and further there comes Kuko in the line of sight).
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
Thanks very much-- not only for your answer to this question, but also for the numerous other answers you've provided me in your posts here and on AB. :)
Zyr

Thanks very much for your insightful reply. :)

I'm still very much feeling my way through the game; the highest character I've ever had is my SC Ladder Fissure Druid, currently lvl 68, and my highest Zon ever (pre-1.10) was only lvl 33.

I play solo almost exclusively, and trade only with the one friend with whom I occasionally play, so it may be a long time before I see a Kuko or Buriza. A Kuko did drop for me pre-1.10, and I didn't have a Zon who could wield it-- but I had a Fire Arrow Rogue who could, and did, with very impressive results. :D

I hadn't thought about the adverse effect of Knockback on a FA Zon, and appreciate you pointing it out. :) My current Zon is in fact a wannabe Frostmaiden (lvl 24), who currently uses a 4-socket Reflex with PTopaz, PEmerald, Eth, and Nef, and she rather enjoys the Knockback.
Zyr

Heiho,

yes, you're right, not everyone moves around stuff over several accounts^^
I only wanted to point out that +6bow/xbowskills is an attribut you maybe wish to have when using a Zon in a more magical way, not for physical damage output. A Strafezon (or MS or GA) profits much more from raw damage, and as said ShaelKoNef is not that a big number in physical damage, even when socketed in an elite bow.
Best Luck to your Maiden.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB