The Lurker Lounge Forums
Can +bow skills stack on Zon bows? - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo II (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Can +bow skills stack on Zon bows? (/thread-9675.html)

Can +bow skills stack on Zon bows? - Zyr - 12-12-2003

I just found a three-socket Reflex bow with +1 to Amazon bow and crossbow skills, and it got me wondering: If I were to put the Melody rune word in the bow, would I end up with +4 to bow and crossbow skills (in which case, I'd be better off hunting for a three-socket +3 Matriarchal or Grand Matron for my hypothetical Ko rune)? Or is the bonus to bow and crossbow skills capped at 3 (in which case a faster and/or higher damage bow would be a better Melody candidate)?

Can +bow skills stack on Zon bows? - Kartoffelsalat - 12-12-2003

I'm pretty sure that it works like when you have a superior item wth +%damage.

Can +bow skills stack on Zon bows? - adeyke - 12-12-2003

It does stack normally. There is a cap of +7 to a skill tab on a single item, but AFAIK, you won't ever run into that in an unmodded game.

Can +bow skills stack on Zon bows? - librarian - 12-12-2003

Heiho,

yes, this will work, you can get a +6bow/xbow skills Melody bow that way.
OTOH Melody is not so much of a really powerful Runeword because of its low physdam.
For a Frostmaiden I'd rather put 3 PSapp into the sockets (or indeed take a +3skills/5socket amabow with PSapp, or, because of everything is possible with the cannon, a Buritza), but at least a Frostmaiden would not be disturbed by the KB effect like a Pyrozon - knocking away the enemy from the fire patch is not exactly always useful (and further there comes Kuko in the line of sight).

Can +bow skills stack on Zon bows? - Zyr - 12-13-2003

Thanks very much-- not only for your answer to this question, but also for the numerous other answers you've provided me in your posts here and on AB. :)

Can +bow skills stack on Zon bows? - Zyr - 12-13-2003

Thanks very much for your insightful reply. :)

I'm still very much feeling my way through the game; the highest character I've ever had is my SC Ladder Fissure Druid, currently lvl 68, and my highest Zon ever (pre-1.10) was only lvl 33.

I play solo almost exclusively, and trade only with the one friend with whom I occasionally play, so it may be a long time before I see a Kuko or Buriza. A Kuko did drop for me pre-1.10, and I didn't have a Zon who could wield it-- but I had a Fire Arrow Rogue who could, and did, with very impressive results. :D

I hadn't thought about the adverse effect of Knockback on a FA Zon, and appreciate you pointing it out. :) My current Zon is in fact a wannabe Frostmaiden (lvl 24), who currently uses a 4-socket Reflex with PTopaz, PEmerald, Eth, and Nef, and she rather enjoys the Knockback.

Can +bow skills stack on Zon bows? - librarian - 12-13-2003

Heiho,

yes, you're right, not everyone moves around stuff over several accounts^^
I only wanted to point out that +6bow/xbowskills is an attribut you maybe wish to have when using a Zon in a more magical way, not for physical damage output. A Strafezon (or MS or GA) profits much more from raw damage, and as said ShaelKoNef is not that a big number in physical damage, even when socketed in an elite bow.
Best Luck to your Maiden.