The Little MAGIC FIND Guide for Diablo II LOD 1.10
Obi2Kenobi,Dec 29 2003, 05:35 PM Wrote:I sent you a reworded/repunctuated version. Edited for clarity and such. If you want to use it, go ahead, if not, then just delete the PM. B)
Thank you very much for doing this, Obi2Kenobi. I'll update the guide with the new English text asap :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
The English version of the 1.10 MF Guide has now been reworded a bit. Thanks to "Obi2Kenobi" for helping to put this into the final, correct native English form :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Thanks again to both of you!

One small point I missed the first time through was the example of the Ledgend Sword. There is not "supposed" to be any hierarchy of elite items in the game, and indeed, for many purposes a Ledgend Sword would be preferable to a Colossus Blade. They are faster -- and if, for example, making Crescent Moon for an act 5 hireling, better, in my opinion.

Now back to the Den of Evil with my two Nagelrings...
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Hi,
nobbie i wanna ask u something.
As u say in your MF guide the Arachnid Mesh has a uqlvl 87, so it drops me from Meph, so the Meph can virtually drop everything in the game?
rockyz,Jan 1 2004, 08:37 PM Wrote:Hi,
nobbie i wanna ask u something.
As u say in your MF guide the Arachnid Mesh has a uqlvl 87, so it drops me from Meph, so the Meph can virtually drop everything in the game?
No. As the guide says: The monster/boss must be able to drop the uqlvl as well as the TC of the item you want. For example, Meph's TC doesn't include Hydra Bows, so he can't drop Windforce although he would be able to drop the uqlvl of Windforce.
Oh thx i forgot :>
but plz then where can i get my WF {are85 bosses?}, from where is yours? ;P
My Windforce was dropped by Pindleskin, and I'd say that he's still the #1 spot when it comes to that bow - easy to reach and to kill.
I don't know, i did the all day run to pindle with mf from 38 - 450 and i got many rares so little unique and sets {Aldurs armor was best ;P} and only one hydra bow and it was magic only :<<.
But thx a should try it more ...
The headline on the front page, here is yours, today nobbie.

Salut!
Sense and courtesy are never common
Don't try to have the last word. You might get it. - Lazarus Long
Looks good, thanks :)
Thank you, for all your efforts.

NB :rolleyes:
Sense and courtesy are never common
Don't try to have the last word. You might get it. - Lazarus Long
nobbie,Dec 24 2003, 11:05 PM Wrote:an English translation of my 1.10 "Magic Find" Guide
I enjoyed the guide (I read it the day you released the English version). Excellent stuff.

Because it was a translation of a pre-existing work, I didn't previously mention a nit I had with it:

under MF shields you list Rhyme (25% MF) but omit Milabrega's Orb (20% MF).

Now that the LL front page is linking to it, however, I thought I'd mention it.

Since classic has the later, but not the former, those of us who remember or still play classic probably consider this rather important. Even a modern LoD player has the option of playing a MFer in classic and then converting goodies to LoD, and thus might want to know this bit of info.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Hi Crystalion,

I know that Milabrega's shield has some MF, but I think its other stats (+25 defense) and that of additional Milabrega items are too weak to be noteworthy here. Last, but not least, the guide is written for D2 "LoD" 1.10 :)
Truly a wonderful guide nobbie. I just wish I had found this sooner!!! And now for some questions I'm itching to ask.

I have been reading everything of Diabloii.net and Battle.net for the last 2 weeks and I haven't found info as important as yours regarding mf. I was wondering where you found this info??

Also you mentioned that the TC's has changed a little, is there anywhere posted with the most recent TC for 1.10?

Like for all the uniques, anyone has a list of their Qualitly lvl??

And with the new area lvl system.. is it worth mf-ing in act 4 or act 5 anymore since act 1 monsters are so much easier to kill and drops the same items?

I would apprieciate any help anyone could give since I'm very new to diablo and posting stuff at forums.
mikey,Jan 12 2004, 02:34 PM Wrote:Truly a wonderful guide nobbie.&nbsp; I just wish I had found this sooner!!!&nbsp; And now for some questions I'm itching to ask.

I have been reading everything of Diabloii.net and Battle.net for the last 2 weeks and I haven't found info as important as yours regarding mf.&nbsp; I was wondering where you found this info??

Also you mentioned that the TC's has changed a little, is there anywhere posted with the most recent TC for 1.10?&nbsp;

Like for all the uniques, anyone has a list of their Qualitly lvl??

And with the new area lvl system.. is it worth mf-ing in act 4 or act 5 anymore since act 1 monsters are so much easier to kill and drops the same items?

I would apprieciate any help anyone could give since I'm very new to diablo and posting stuff at forums.
This website contains the TCs for 1.10. Good reference:
http://www.d2data.net

Still there are some problems with mlvl, I think. A recent report indicated that Baal's minions in DT have been lvled up, now they are over 90 lvls, showing that Blizzard modified arealvl on the server side again. I am not sure what arealvl will likely to be 2 months later, since it depends on how Blizz wants to change the realms, tricky guys :P
Mikey, most infos are from the sources listed at the end of the guide, i.e. The Amazon Basin or The Phrozen Keep. And, as also said in that section of the guide, you may want to visit these sites if you want more detailed infos :)

Regarding the TC's, I think Pansesus is right. Someone on Diablo2.de recently claimed that he found the "Tyrael's Might" unique Sacred Armor off Pindleskin, which he definitely shouldn't be able to drop according to the original 1.10 MPQ. It seems that indeed some server-side changes have been in some areas, typical Blizzard style. I wouldn't wonder if the very best items, i.e. "Tyrael's Might", cannot be found off arealvl 85 champion and random unique boss monsters anymore after these server-side changes. Expect more confusion SOON™ ;)
hey, nobbie whats your AR on your MF zon? :blink:
rockyz,Jan 17 2004, 01:03 PM Wrote:hey, nobbie whats your AR on your MF zon? :blink:
About 8000, after using an "Enchant" charge of the unique "Demon Limb" club :)
nobbie,Jan 17 2004, 02:24 PM Wrote:About 8000, after using an "Enchant" charge of the unique "Demon Limb" club :)
:lol: thx nobbie, yesterday i got my first WF :rolleyes: Thx to your advice doing pindle runs...
Now i am thinking about Chians of Honor, but this little Ber doesn't fall :angry: , what do you think What to use if i cant get chains of honor?
rockyz,Jan 17 2004, 05:55 PM Wrote::lol: thx nobbie, yesterday i got my first WF&nbsp; :rolleyes: Thx to your advice doing pindle runs...
Now i am thinking about Chians of Honor, but this little Ber doesn't fall&nbsp; :angry: , what do you think What to use if i cant get chains of honor?
A "Lionheart" (Hel-Lum-Fal) Dusk Shroud or Archon Plate armor :)