+%AR
My sorceress has three sources of +%AR: enchant, blessed aim, and visionary helm (actually archangel's rare diadem with visionary prefix). The effect of these three sources appears to be additive. Would anyone who knows about such matters care to comment?

I seem to be math challenged, unlike our search engine who correctly assures me "+%AR" is less than four letters. Would that we had a less literally minded search facility.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
AFAIK, all sources of %AR sources are additive and applied after all +AR boosts.
Testing seems to confirm that. (Visionary and Enchant at least, I don't care to calculate the blessed aim aura lvl and effect)
LavCat,Jan 18 2004, 01:54 AM Wrote:I seem to be math challenged, unlike our search engine who correctly assures me "+%AR" is less than four letters.  Would that we had a less literally minded search facility.
In most search engines the "+" and "-" are used to denote 'must be a part of' and 'must not be a part of'. As such they are not included in the character count.
Yes, I agree. Most search engines. But the only rule listed for our search engine is: "Join keywords with AND, OR to help define the search."
With most search engines, if you can do AND or OR, then you can do + and -.

A quick search with this engine shows that the + and - characters seem to be ignored. I did a search for "+Attack -Rating" and the word "rating" definitely appeared in one of the results.

But, as far as searching for +%AR, if you encapsulate your search request in parenthses, it works as intended, e.g. searching for "+%AR" gives me this thread.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
I appreciate the information. It would be nice if there were a "search help" link from the search page.
adeyke,Jan 18 2004, 02:29 AM Wrote:AFAIK, all sources of %AR sources are additive and applied after all +AR boosts.
OK, just so I have this straight. Straight AR bonuses come first. Percentile-based AR bonuses come next.

"Visionary" is a percentile-based AR bonus. Hence, it is thrown in with Fanaticism, Blessed Aim, and other percentile-based AR bonuses. It is not calculated seperately.

With the Mavina set, there is a +5 bonus to passive skills. For Penetrate, this would be 50% (10% bonus per level). There is also a 50% bonus from the diadem (set item bonus). This is added together for 100%. If I were have Enchant cast upon me at, say +218%, my AR bonus would be 318%.

And where do combat shrines come into this? I don't even know what bonuses one of those give.
Quote:OK, just so I have this straight. Straight AR bonuses come first. Percentile-based AR bonuses come next.

"Visionary" is a percentile-based AR bonus. Hence, it is thrown in with Fanaticism, Blessed Aim, and other percentile-based AR bonuses. It is not calculated seperately.

With the Mavina set, there is a +5 bonus to passive skills. For Penetrate, this would be 50% (10% bonus per level). There is also a 50% bonus from the diadem (set item bonus). This is added together for 100%. If I were have Enchant cast upon me at, say +218%, my AR bonus would be 318%.

All's correct there, AFAIK.

Quote:And where do combat shrines come into this? I don't even know what bonuses one of those give.

I don't know, either.
Combat shrines give +200% to Attack Rating, +200% min and max damage for 48 seconds, if that's what you're asking for.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
The Combat shrine duration is 2400 frames or 2400/25=96 sec.
Ruvanal,Jan 24 2004, 10:59 PM Wrote:The Combat shrine duration is
There used to be some stacking "bugs" with shrines (iirc people reported getting the effects of Combat or Armor shrines more than once)... anything weird with the various shrines atm that you know about?

Someone mentioned recently that curse_reduction% eats into shrine blessing duration as well, e.g.

I myself have wondered if PMH has a duration that gets cuts under some circumstances (DC, er, excuse me, Diablo XP Professional, seems to reset PMH pretty easily, e.g.).

Hidden durations (e.g. Eye of Etlich) and resists really bother me (just not enough to mod the game to display them myself, I suppose :D ).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Quote:Someone mentioned recently that curse_reduction% eats into shrine blessing duration as well, e.g.

That would be ME! :D I've only experienced it with Fade though, haven't timed it for Cleansing yet.