Who's in the beta?
And my mailbox still has nothing from Blizzard in it. I want to show them my confirmed bug list from the Horizons beta and say, "See I would be good at this!" Of course I'm still bitter that my wife is an admin at an official fansite, but since the owner of that site (who doesn't care about WOW at all I might add) is a twit and said he gets one of the three beta's she doesn't get one. This is also despite the fact that she does more work than one of the other two admins who got one, but since she was the 3rd admin accepted for the site they both went before her. So yeah, I'm still bitter that my open sign up hasn't gotten me in yet either. So seeing that e-mails are still going out just upsets me more.

Sorry for making a pointless post in this thread but I just had to.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Sorry for making a pointless post in this thread but I just had to.
S'fine by me. I was feeling similar to how you feel now when the first salvo of emails went out and I wasn't a part of it. I had just assumed that the first phase would be only so many people and I'd have to wait for phase three (phase 1 and 2 were emailed together). But, as luck would have it, I'm about to be part of the on-going phase one now (only 7 hours before the download is complete!), out of the blue. So, if you signed up, you still might get in, despite an empty mailbox. There's always hope...

Think of it this way: this is a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game, so in order to truly test their realms and the stability of their program, they need a massive amount of players. Chances of getting in = probably fair.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
Well, I just got my email so I'm now in!

Ditto!
Nystul,Mar 26 2004, 07:30 PM Wrote:Well, I just got my email so I'm now in!

Ditto!
Double ditto!
Apparently I am in *does a little dance*
Darn Blizzard and their beta policy!

I could've been the best of testers! I wasn't a tester for so many games before for no reason! D'you hear me Blizzard?! YOU JUST LOST THE BEST BETA TESTER ON EARTH...

At least until the europe applicants will be accepted... :D :D :D

(God I really hope you'll need to sign up for the europe beta testing and it won't go from the last one cause if so then I'm quite screwed)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Excuse me, calm one, but they have already annouced that there will be a seperate sign up for Europe.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Well, I'm in, already met Bolty and joined the Lounging Lurkers guild. :)
I'm in! I just downloaded the game last night and went through the first area. I'm hooked. D2 is so over for me now. WoW already is everything I wanted D2 to be -- a place to rollplay, explore vast areas, adventure with others of like mind, and not worry about being killed by idiot PK's.

Guess what my first character is. Yep, Grizabella, a female human mage who will concentrate on Enchanting whenever she finds an appropriate trainer. I'll try to join the Lounging Lurker's guild as soon as I get on-line.

I have to warn you, though, my personality is heavily weighted toward the Bartle "Explorer" personaity, as I just found out in a cool article linked from a "Behind the Veil" article on Diabloii.net. That is, I like to explore *everything* about the game, look in every nook and cranny, and try out stuff. I'm the type of person who reads every sign in a museum. I imagine that Lurkers tend toward the Explorer type personality, but I just wanted to warn you that I just downloaded the game last night and Grizabella is just level 6 right now. If you've been playing for a week or more and know a bunch about the game, I'll probably drive you nuts with how slow I go, so be careful about asking me to join a party. :rolleyes:

Diabloii.net "Behind the Veil" article:
http://www.diabloii.net/columnists/behind-veil09.shtml

Bartle article:
http://www.brandeis.edu/pubs/jove/HTML/v1/bartle.html
MongoJerry,Mar 28 2004, 07:14 PM Wrote:Guess what my first character is.  Yep, Grizabella, a female human mage who will concentrate on Enchanting whenever she finds an appropriate trainer.
So keep in mind, kids, Grizabella is NOT Griselda (thanks for the confusion, Mongo!).

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Mar 28 2004, 10:40 PM Wrote:So keep in mind, kids, Grizabella is NOT Griselda (thanks for the confusion, Mongo!).

-Bolty
I'm going to create a character named "Bo1ty".

(kidding :) )
And I'll make boIty =)
Not only that, but "Griselda" isn't even Griselda. By the time I downloaded and logged in, the character name Griselda was no longer available. So, my priest is Gris, and I'm sure there will be other variations from there.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
I'm in. I saw Bolty last night and thought "hey, that couldn't be Bolty -- wait, yes of course it could."

Then I saw the guild name and knew it was real.

I've been playing about a week and a half.

Characters are:

Dangerosa - NE rogue 12 (guildmaster of Shadow Dancers already)
Boopsie - Gnome warlock 8
RedKaren - Human warrior 8

Yeah, they're all girls. I do have a couple of male characters, but they're pikers right now:

Terric - Human paladin 4
MrCheaterson - Dwarf priest 1

I'll look for Lurkers later tonight and humbly petition to be allowed to join the guild.
Of course, your mileage may vary.
Grizabella the glamour cat...
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Hi,

Well, I did make it in. Matter of fact, I made it in a week ago. However, the e-mail went to my work address (which is the "real" address for my account) which I only check from my work machine. Which I haven't turned on for a while, since I haven't been doing much work. Which I turned on today to pay some bills -- and got a nice surprise, which is unusual at bill paying time :) Which may be a record for using "which" in one paragraph :)

So, tomorrow or this week end, I'll get my butt in gear and check out the excitement. Hope to see some of you then.

--Pete

EDIT but of course, anatomically "but" should be "butt"

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Count yourselves lucky you live in the same country as the game-makers. Likely Singapore won't get even 1 sign-up(unless some smart-aleck tries to smoke Blizzard with false info) I SO hate South Koreans right now. Their companies put out online games with tons of bugs/imbalances, yet they get to partake of this. :(

Likely you won't even see me when I do sign up, because of realm/time zone differences. A curse on whoever steals my name!
AtomicKitKat,Apr 1 2004, 11:05 PM Wrote:Likely you won't even see me when I do sign up, because of realm/time zone differences. A curse on whoever steals my name!
Eh... no offense meant but who in his right mind will steal your name?

And on a side note: I live in Israel so we're in the same boat (at least until summer vacation, then I could be online ALL DAY LONG).

Edit: I race too much ahead with my thoughts I forget write words
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
You'd be surprised. I've been bad-mouthed before, and had people whom I'd never even met come up to me and insult/swear at me, just because someone used a name similar to my own.
Well, at least we get the joy of reading about other people's playing experience, knowing full well it will be at least some more weeks before we get a chance to TRY to make it into a Beta...

:( :( :( :(

booooohooooo

me so sad!

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.