Who's in the beta?
No email for me. I guess a 53 year old woman isn't consistent with what Blizz views at its core demographic ... :(

Sad Sabra
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Hi

I too find that Blizzard prefers younger testers...I'm 62 & I never get a Nod from them :angry:

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
I never get a nod either even though, at age 61, I will never be as old as my pal, King Jim:) I missed applying for this one, however, but am confident I would not have been selected in any event based upon past experience.
No e-mail. *sniff*
Quote:No e-mail. *sniff*

Sorry to hear that, MongoJerry -- you're someone who should have received an invitation (not that others shouldn't have as well :) ).

But my impression is that, independent of age, the chances of being selected from the random sign-up were pretty slim, so I don't know how much discussion there can be here. In the meantime, this is an interesting link to watch:

http://drlego.warbucket.com/
no email yet
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Thenryb,Mar 21 2004, 06:25 AM Wrote:I never get a nod either even though, at age 61, I will never be as old as my pal, King Jim:)  I missed applying for this one, however, but am confident I would not have been selected in any event based upon past experience.
Hi Tom

Been awhile since we did battle together, will You be getting WoW [crosses fingers]? What games are you playing there days ? Are there still Hellfire/The Dark Games on Kali. :P

I've been busy with Adventure games, it all started with the Uru: Ages Beyond Myst Demo, I enjoyed the puzzles so much that I purchased Myst 3 Exile [$10.00]. @ this time I'm stuck to a point that I need to ask for hints @ the Myst Forums, Adventure Games are a Mind trip :D

ps: Please keep in Touch, after all you are old enough to be my Kid Brother :wub:

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
53 ... 62 ... 61 ... Blizz is missing a huge trick here. We're the ones with the platinum credit cards! :)
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
From what I'm hearing, selection for phase 1 beta tests was extremely limited, with emphasis on the extremely.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Mar 21 2004, 04:17 PM Wrote:From what I'm hearing, selection for phase 1 beta tests was extremely limited, with emphasis on the extremely.

-Bolty
The phase 1 was probably selected for being able to test certain types of connectivity issues first. After they work out any serious problems that they encounter with that aspect, it would be easier to start testing of the various types of machines that are going to be connecting to the game.
Waaaaah! I want a working Internet connection! :(

(I post using the college network. I obviously can't use it to play WoW. Therefore, I didn't even apply for the beta, and I can't play the game when it comes out. I get to just sit and stew.)
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Quote:The phase 1 was probably selected for being able to test certain types of connectivity issues first. After they work out any serious problems that they encounter with that aspect, it would be easier to start testing of the various types of machines that are going to be connecting to the game.
I hope you're right. This game looks to be shaping up nicely, and I'd love to get in on it. I wonder how many phases there are...
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
Yay! I made it in and have even run into Bolty while playing. We still need to group, however.
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
Well, I just got my email so I'm now in! :lol: Looks like the rest of my Spring Break will be booked!

*Goes off to watch the download creep up to full*
-TheDragoon
YES!!!

I am in the beta now too. Just got an e-mail saying that I'm in! Way to let me down then get me right back up again. Sweet... No need to buy Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, because I won't be playing it now! What a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of what looks to me to be the "phattest" MMORPG.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
JustAGuy,Mar 26 2004, 04:06 PM Wrote:What a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of what looks to me to be the "phattest" MMORPG.
Well, 2nd floor anyway!
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
so can you still sign up for the next phases of beta testing? or are the sign ups closed now? i've been out of the loop for about half a year and didn't know WoW had started accepting beta testers. that sort of sucks cause this would be one of the first mmorpgs i've not beta tested. BAH!
TheDragoon,Mar 26 2004, 03:02 PM Wrote:Well, I just got my email so I'm now in!  :lol:  Looks like the rest of my Spring Break will be booked!
Just got my email today also.

Quote:*Goes off to watch the download creep up to full*

At least yours is creeping, mine is still showing over 200 hours to go and it has been at it for awhile. I may actually be in to play by the time your spring break is over (can't tie up the phone line all the time). Or maybe by the second phase if lucky. <_<
Quote:At least yours is creeping, mine is still showing over 200 hours to go and it has been at it for awhile. I may actually be in to play by the time your spring break is over (can't tie up the phone line all the time). Or maybe by the second phase if lucky.
Yeah, I thought about how much dial-up would suck right now. 2 gigabytes is a lot of data to download! Fortunately, I'm on cable here, at home, and on an ethernet hooked up to 8+ T3's at school. I've got another 2-3 hours to figure out if my first character will be a Human Paladin, a Night Elf Hunter or a Night Elf Druid (assuming those options are available right now). :)

And look at it this way, Ruvanal, you'll be able to get in just as the GM's start playing around, so you won't be missing TOO much at the time being.
-TheDragoon
wait a second... you got your email today? How does that work? I'm in the second phase but I havnt gotten my email yet except for the one that went out last friday... this does not make sence to me. It sounds like the first phase is in stages?
Signatures suck