Let's talk about broken bones
Actually, all the white-out I ever ingested was either stolen from classmates, or my own. Penknife to correction pen, pour liquid onto paper, ball it up, swallow/chew. Chewing is worse, cos the liquid then spurts all over the inside of your mouth.

Artega: While most of us here are quite serious(I'm telling the truth about myself for sure) about our injuries/poisons, I can't help but feel that yours come from a place where the sun don't shine. :P

As for that arm thingy, I have no idea what the heck you're talking about, unless you mean that you can put your biceps parallel to your shoulder blades(perpendicular to the spine) behind your head... :blink:
I have guzzled Brasso and live to tell the tale!

I don't know if that tops correction fluid or not... I have no idea what is in brass cleaner.. but I haven't gone for an encore. My father risked our lives driving through an active sniper area to get me to the hospital.

No, sniping Americans is not new; it was done in Panama in the 1960's.

I returned the favor later... my parents were in a car that got surrounded by rioters, but someone noticed a kid (me) in the car, yelled, and the mob let us through. Thank you, Panamanians, for allowing that kid to live and not allowing your anger to harm his parents.

So when you have a cleaner out, don't assume your young kid won't know it's not something yummy.
I'll just point out that trichloroethane, is the T in DDT(dichloro diphenyl trichloroethane), although the one in correction fluid may not be exactly the same as the one in DDT.

Nice story about Panama though. :)
Hail Doc,

think you might be able to clear your mask, but on the other hand, you'd probably have a little trouble to equalize to the pressure, as that's usuall done by holding your nose and building up pressure... Anyway, you're still my "Mutant of the Week" ;-)

Take care,
Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
I think I have that same loose connection between eye and nose. I was just sniffing some nasal clearing stuff, and the burn went through the right nostril and hit my right eyeball. YEEOWCH. Never knew I had that hole between the two. :blink:
AtomicKitKat,Mar 29 2004, 06:25 PM Wrote:I think I have that same loose connection between eye and nose. I was just sniffing some nasal clearing stuff, and the burn went through the right nostril and hit my right eyeball. YEEOWCH. Never knew  I had that hole between the two. :blink:
I have the same thing.

I blow my noise very hard and when I blow it I get air out of the corner of my eye which is incredibly annoying because

A) Tears are bound to come afterwards

B) You actually FEEL the hole there which is...ugh...
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Sounds like my incident when young (<8) when my father made me drink a glass of turpentine. I protested, and I knew what it was. My mother was painting some shelves in the kitchen, he thought I had refused to drink my bedtime milk. Mother came in and was aghast. I was green, and the milk, cookie and turpentine slurry erupted. My father was in the doghouse and left to nurse me back to health for the next few hours with generous applications of tea, toast with honey and brandy.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

When throwing up really liquidy stuff, like say, beer or booze or something, it shoots out of those. Really frigging annoying as booze BURNS the eyeball sumptin fierce. Just squirts out of the corners of my eyes.

I thought I was the only one that had this problem. Tis most comforting to know somebody else has a similar condition.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Now that I think about it, I sorta knew I had this problem some time ago, after I realised that drinking cold substances tended to freeze my eyeball, forcing me to put the drink aside while cupping my hands in an attempt to exhale some warmth back in my eye. Probably the only reason I will never win a (cold) drinking contest. :P
Mellow Greetings!

I broke my left thigh once (not recommended), couple of ribs and my right thumb* (I can do that nice little back-bending stunt too, Obi) and I don't normally freak out easily, but after reading this thread...

::shudder::

Most of you should be locked away in a safe place, without internet access! Thinking of unaturally bending arms and legs etc. is not exactly pleasant and it looks like I'll be doing that for the rest of the night. Damn you all, ebil rubber people!
;)

But mutants are fine, everybody loves mutants :)

DeeBye -> Ouch!

Doc -> Kudos for exploring the biological and/or physical boundaries of the human body! Your work will be remembered!

Unfortunately I have to get some surgery done next week, some stuff in my right knee that doesn't look like it's supposed to, but maybe I'll get some interesting alternate bending options implemented, I'll keep you updated!

I'm off for some (unpleasant, I guess) dreams

Nuur

* I almost forgot that an Instructor in our glorious "Bundesheer" (Army, well, sort of...) cut off the tip of my left index finger with a loading apparatus (I really have no idea how to call it in English) of our trusty 20mm AA gun. Pretty unpleasant and bled as Hell.
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:unless you mean that you can put your biceps parallel to your shoulder blades(perpendicular to the spine) behind your head...

Yes. That is what I mean.
AKK, I assure that it's true. While I haven't gone skinny dipping in industrial-strength battery acid, or some kind of industrial base, I am very resistant to acids and bases.

Temperature extremes just take training. Cold is MUCH easier to resist the effects to; taking ice-cold showers every day of the year for eight years of your life does that. Boiling hot water (~200 Fahreinheit) is much more difficult to teach. I burned myself somewhat badly (second-degree) more than a few times getting my limbs to the point that they can take a good ten to twenty seconds worth of hot water. My torso and other areas aren't quite up to 200 degrees, and I suspect they never will. They can take around 150 degrees without ill effects, however.

Immunity to poison ivy and other toxic plant secretions isn't all that rare; I know many that are immune or highly resistant to one or more species of similar plants.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
The tips of my fingers are nearly immune to most burns.

I can dip my fingers into a big ol skillet of fried chicken to grab said chicken and flip it around, and being dipped in boiling grease don't seem to burn my fingers none. I have no idea how hot it is, prolly a few hundred degrees.

My feet never ever burn on HOT Southern blacktop. In the summer, it can hit 110 here, even hotter some times, and well over 120 degrees with the heat index. You can actually fry bacon and eggs on the sidewalks and the blacktop will actually melt cheap flipflops and sandles. My feet can withstand these temps just fine... I have walked on them all my life. Lots of Southerners have Hobbit Feet™ and are simply not bothered by the sizzling sounds coming from the idjit yankees vacationing in the South during the summer.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
And I can summon a valkyrie immune to fire, cold, poison, or lightning.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Well, on the subject of burns, have you ever seen those Chinese steam boxes, where they put the buns on trays, into a metal steam room with glass panels? On a dare once, my brother, cousin, and myself decided to see who could stick their hands against the glass the longest(no cheating by putting on the same spot as the other person) I won out with about 1 minute's worth. My fingers are probably more sensitive to tactile sensations(ability to feel the difference in textures) than most non-blind peoples' as well.
Never broken anything but fingernails (although when they're as long as mine are, that can involve a certain amount of blood loss in and of itself). BUT:

I've split my forehead open on a wall...
Tore my leg open on a barbed-wire fence...
Poured boiling water over my hand...
Put the back of my hand against the side of a very hot toaster oven...
Had a tooth grow out of the roof of my mouth...
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Doc,Mar 30 2004, 01:35 AM Wrote:The tips of my fingers are nearly immune to most burns.

I can dip my fingers into a big ol skillet of fried chicken to grab said chicken and flip it around, and being dipped in boiling grease don't seem to burn my fingers none. I have no idea how hot it is, prolly a few hundred degrees.

My feet never ever burn on HOT Southern blacktop. In the summer, it can hit 110 here, even hotter some times, and well over 120 degrees with the heat index. You can actually fry bacon and eggs on the sidewalks and the blacktop will actually melt cheap flipflops and sandles. My feet can withstand these temps just fine... I have walked on them all my life. Lots of Southerners have Hobbit Feet™ and are simply not bothered by the sizzling sounds coming from the idjit yankees vacationing in the South during the summer.
Doc... Are you The Nameless One...?

Side note: I can vouch for Doc's story of sidewalks getting that hot. I've fried eggs on asphalt down here in Georgia before. Never tried eating them, though. Maybe something I should do this summer.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
I forgot to mention I poured lab-grade ethanol on an open flame once.

Do you know what that does?
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Lady Vashj,Mar 31 2004, 05:37 PM Wrote:I forgot to mention I poured lab-grade ethanol on an open flame once.

Do you know what that does?
I don't want to know. My forearm just recently healed from a burn. I pulled my metal baking tray out of the oven fresh from 400+ degrees fahrenheit with a mitten on one hand, but wasn't too careful about my exposed right forearm. When metal met flesh. It sizzled... :o and I could only grimace. I'm just glad it wasn't the jolting kind of pain that makes me lose my grip.

The pain didn't really hit until later though, when the people having bible study in my apartment asked if I was all right. Apparently, I didn't even remember gasping/screaming in pain, but they heard it. I thought they were pulling my leg at first--its bible study, but its bible study with a bunch of young college guys who are comfortable enough to kid around. Never know what will happen in a large group of people gathers.

The burn wasn't too bad but it left a large red mark over most of my forearm, which (fortunately for ointments, didn't blister) turned a nice crispy scraggly brown a few days later. Hmm... looks like what I thought was a birthmark on my hip. I must've been burned there too once before. I never do know where all these minor cuts, scratches.

So... I really don't want to know more sizzling tales of woe right now. I'm feeling kinda burned. Or maybe I just won't read this thread any longer. Yes, I'll do that...
I'll bet that was a sight worth seeing. We've burned all kinds of stuff in my chemistry classes, but never something like ethanol. I think the most flammable/explosive thing I've ignited was a small propane tank... something I will be more careful about next time I try it. I was just plain lucky to survive as close as I was :blink: