Greetings
Hi to all you Lurkers,

I have been playing D1 off and on since 97', and since 98' with all legitimate characters. I might know some of you from back when I played almost daily. I played on both East and West for quite a while since it was exciting to meet people on DSF-1 that I had no idea were there.

I am originally from the East server, my long time alias was ashen-san. I played in Hellride(if anyone remembers that) for a long while with honest legits. names of friends: risacu, lazlo-zand, SantaClause, ClimbHazzard, Dank, skana, Silva, Astra-Lynn, ElectraDrake, and the list continues...

I have visited here in the past when I use to read up on DSF-1. I have been playing D1 for about a month and a half recently.(I stopped for a long period because I joined the Air Force Special Forces and couldn't continue my online activity) Since I am back on the internet, I thought I would drop in and hopefully meet some friendly faces.

I'll tell everyone a little bit about me --

I am a male, 22 of age, born in Houston, TX and raised in Columbus, Indiana.
I was a lifeguard for 4 years during highschool, partied a little while afterwards, then trained for the passtest I took for Pararescue in USAF. During my time in the Air Force I severely sprained my shoulder, which ended up taking 8 months to completely heal.. So I ended up getting out under Honorable terms and I've been out now for about 10 months. I have an apartment with my bestfriend here in Indiana.

I am very interested in playing other Blizzard games, but haven't played another game from their collection besides Diablo.

- Nazgul
hiya nasgul:

Welcome back always nice to see an old face. I play on east mostly now{west has kinda died out,but somedays are not to bad.} Check out the Diablo Strategy Forum,you will likely see some old faces. also diablo bastion on east will connect you to some older d1 fans. again welcome back to this relic of a game that keeps us entertained when we should probably be more usefully occupied.
Hi!

I too have been playing Hellride a bit, some of the names you listed there are familiar to me. IIRC my alias was Cyan back then, but then again, I've had so many alias' ! :)

Good to see you still enjoy the original D, in the eyes of many people here, of the two games (D1 and D2), it is still the better.

Have a nice stay at the LL forums!
Daemon,Apr 13 2004, 05:50 AM Wrote:Good to see you still enjoy the original D, in the eyes of many people here, of the two games (D1 and D2), it is still the better.
Yes, I heard from most of my friends D2 was a let down, so I never bought it. I know Risacu plays it now, which might even give me a reason to play it. Diablo does get old at times, so I wouldn't mind having a 2nd RPG to fiddle with.

I am eagerly awaiting Fable for Xbox. While I'm on the Xbox subject, my bestfriend and I play Rainbow Six 3 a lot, it's a great shooter for console.

skana, I've played with you on east as boudiccia ;)
Well hi there , now i feel just silly.
Greetings

I just wanted to say hello here. Looks like a very quiet place, but there's still some activity...

I bought Diablo at a garage sale last summer for four bits, and hey, this is a cool game. Plenty of variation and challenge. As I surfed around looking for more info on the game I came across several sites that really drove home just how far you can take Diablo. Mods, variants, and some just plain weird stuff. I've only played single player and solo multiplayer, and if I ever have time I'd like to try a real multiplayer game.

Back to lurkin'
Wood Hoarder, Blade Sharpener, and Occasional Tool User
krishta,Apr 14 2004, 12:16 AM Wrote:and if I ever have time I'd like to try a real multiplayer game.
I believe that is an extinct breed! (unless you hook-up with people you meet here) :)
Quote:Diablo does get old at times, so I wouldn't mind having a 2nd RPG to fiddle with.

I could suggest a halfdozen great RPGs off the top of my head: Baldur's Gate series, Fallout duology, Planescape: Torment. All should be pretty cheap these days, though Torment is out of print. They're all top-notch games, but they're far more RPG than D1. D1 is essentially a "dungeon crawl" (a la Icewind Dale, another top-notch title from Black Isle Studios). Unfortunately if you're after a multiplayer RPG, these won't get you very far. These are all primarily single-player games. (IWD and BG have multiplayer, but I was disappointed in the implimentation.)

Quote:While I'm on the Xbox subject, my bestfriend and I play Rainbow Six 3 a lot, it's a great shooter for console.

Bah @ current technology. I just dug up my copy of "Blood" from ~1997. I remember at the time, I pretty much shelved it in favor of Duke3D and Jedi Knight. But looking at it now, it has some interesting features. Namely, its multiplayer mode allows progression through levels in cooperative play, rather than simply "deathmatch" style multiplayer. Quite unexpected. I've not gotten to try it out yet.

-Lemmy
I played Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind for Xbox and it was very interesting. I haven't tried the expansion but I'm sure they added a nice upgrade on the game with items, creatures, etc.. after reading about it. But I am still hyped over the game Fable for Xbox. Especially after reading that WoW will be pay as you play, which IMO is complete BS. I never saw that coming from Blizzard, but then again.. I get let down a lot on video games in general.

Lemmy, I never played "Blood" but my favorite shooter for PC was called Starsiege: Tribes. Tribes II is better known now, but how the 1st and 2nd compare is much like D1 and 2. People still play Tribes 1 and it came out in 97' I believe.

Skana - I'm sorry ;( but at least I see you are not only nice to me :P but even new people. I am really starting to doubt this "skana ruined D1" theory.

I see that a lot of people post on here, maybe not daily but at least a few times a week. Does everyone
from here "hang out" in a certain channel in Diablo, or even still play D1? I am on the East server like I mentioned above and would like to game with others if anyone is up for it ;)

-Nazgul
Quote:I see that a lot of people post on here, maybe not daily but at least a few times a week. Does everyone from here "hang out" in a certain channel in Diablo, or even still play D1?

Most old folks here were DSF folks at one time, but most are doing other things these days. (But somehow we always make time to answer Diablo questions.) Lately, I usually find a few hours' time to amuse myself in a SP game of some sort, but nuts to the old "wait around for hours in channel for people to show up." Used to love doing that, but there used to be more people.

I've found it more and more practical to organize MP games in advance.

-Lemmy
Hello, look for me on diablo east, I would be glad to show you the multiplayer ropes,so to speak. welcome to diablo.
Since we're off topic here, Lemmy et al... Speaking of hanging out in the channel for hours.

I was thinking that it might be time for the Spring 2004 DSF Reunion, which I would be only too happy to organize, both here and at Jim's. Certainly not EVERYONE can be playing WoW, and those reunions were always such fun.

Anyone interested? Looking at the calendar, I'm thinking Sunday May 16 in DSF-1 on USEAST.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
skana and I play on USEast, you can also check on Channel# Diablo Legit, Diablo Bastion, & Diablo X for someone to MP with ;)
Quote: Speaking of hanging out in the channel for hours...
Anyone interested? Looking at the calendar, I'm thinking
Sunday May 16 in DSF-1 on USEAST.

Any chance a noob like me could join the fun?
What time are you thinking about, or is this an all day all night sort of event?
I might have an hour or two to kill...
Wood Hoarder, Blade Sharpener, and Occasional Tool User
krishta,Apr 16 2004, 12:19 AM Wrote:Any chance a noob like me could join the fun? 
I'm sure the more the merrier krishta, as long as you are tons of fun :D

As for DSF-1 on USEast, sounds g :):rolleyes:d to me.
Since when did we move to East?
Sounds like a semi-birthday present for a certain rogue around here..that date.
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
I am always up for a game of multiplayer. I normally play on West but will play on any realm. Please PM me back or respond here with details on where and when you play.

Which channel do you and skana normally hang out in, Nazgul? I'd like to come visit and join either or both of you for a game sometime.
Draconis,Apr 16 2004, 03:59 AM Wrote:Since when did we move to East?
Sounds like a semi-birthday present for a certain rogue around here..that date.
Sounds like a good enough reason to me :P :lol:

Well, it's too far in the future for me to know if I'll be able to make it, but I'll try :)
Quote:Since when did we move to East?

OOOPS! Make that USWEST, Drac. (I've said it for years. I really shouldn't be allowed to post.) ;)

What we have done in the past is to start at 3PM Eastern Time, Noon Pacific Time and 8PM GMT.

When the turn out is good, you can play all day and all night.

All are welcome.

So AGAIN (thank you Drac) Thats

The DSF Reunion
Diablo DSF-1 on USWEST
Sunday 5/16, which is less than a week before Draconis' birthday.
3 PM Eastern Time

Don't dream it. Be here.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
I meant your birthday :P
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"