Unresponsiveness
Is it just me, or does it take a few clicks to do things? I find myself having to click several times on town portals and entrances to other areas sometimes, before it allows me through. One time, I couldn't get into Tals chamber. I kept clicking, and nothing happened. It didn't even say 'I cant' or "impossible'.
Sounds like network lag or desynch to me.
On unlikely scenario for the Tal's Chamber is that you may have been hostiled. That happened to me once. :P
It happened once to me in SP. So I'm thinking no, although it's entirely possible his experience and mine were caused by completely different things.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Lady Vashj,May 19 2004, 10:07 AM Wrote:It happened once to me in SP.  So I'm thinking no, although it's entirely possible his experience and mine were caused by completely different things.
Desynch happens in Single Player too.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

For a while it happened to various players while trying to open the last of Diablo's seals. Couldn't be done. Sometimes even exiting the game and rejoining wouldn't help. Then again, that might have been a horse of a different color.
". . . and there never grew up in any of the continents of the globe nor upon any planet or satellite or star, nor upon the asteroids, nor in any part of ethereal space, nor in the midst of density, nor under the fluid wet of the sea, nor in that condition which precedes the birth of babes, nor at any time during the changes of life, nor in that condition that follows what we term death, nor in any stretch of abeyance or action afterward of vitality, nor in any process of formation or reformation anywhere, a being whose instinct hated the truth."
-- Walt Whitmam
I've noticed a couple of situations where this sort of thing happens:

1) When opening Lord DeSis's seal I have to be sitting directly below.
2) When entering Duriel's chamber, I can't get in when standing right next to the entrance.

Both problems are easily duplicated.

In addition, if you get desynchronized it may take longer on the server-side for your character to walk to a chest/door/waypoint than it does on your display. The net result is that you see your character touch the object, but the expected result is delayed by a second or two. When I'm feeling impatient, this generally results in me clicking the object several times before anything happens. :)

Cheers,

Jimbowe
Heya there,

Quote:When entering Duriel's chamber, I can't get in when standing right next to the entrance.

Exactly the same thing seems to prevent me from entering the red portals to the pit levels in act 5 everytime.
I can go in however if I place myself accurately beneath the portal. This is a bit annoying, cause in a lan, when people you play with don't know this, they wonder what's wrong and in the meantime a whole queue of players is building up, that all want to get down there... ;)

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Apparently most people can't get throught the chambers because of the rushing system. So Blizzard set TP's which arn't allowed through like a TP to the durance of hate which I couldn't get through. To get through them you have to do the quest before the last quest of that ACT.

But for the ACT 5 portals I have no-clue whats so ever.
Diablo One Forever. Diablo Two is the Darkside

xXERISEDXx