The Lurker Lounge Forums
Unresponsiveness - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo II (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Unresponsiveness (/thread-8703.html)

Unresponsiveness - Guest - 05-10-2004

Is it just me, or does it take a few clicks to do things? I find myself having to click several times on town portals and entrances to other areas sometimes, before it allows me through. One time, I couldn't get into Tals chamber. I kept clicking, and nothing happened. It didn't even say 'I cant' or "impossible'.

Unresponsiveness - adeyke - 05-10-2004

Sounds like network lag or desynch to me.

Unresponsiveness - Obi2Kenobi - 05-10-2004

On unlikely scenario for the Tal's Chamber is that you may have been hostiled. That happened to me once. :P

Unresponsiveness - Lady Vashj - 05-19-2004

It happened once to me in SP. So I'm thinking no, although it's entirely possible his experience and mine were caused by completely different things.

Unresponsiveness - ShadowHM - 05-19-2004

Lady Vashj,May 19 2004, 10:07 AM Wrote:It happened once to me in SP.  So I'm thinking no, although it's entirely possible his experience and mine were caused by completely different things.
Desynch happens in Single Player too.

Unresponsiveness - Myztyk - 05-20-2004

For a while it happened to various players while trying to open the last of Diablo's seals. Couldn't be done. Sometimes even exiting the game and rejoining wouldn't help. Then again, that might have been a horse of a different color.

Unresponsiveness - Guest - 05-20-2004

I've noticed a couple of situations where this sort of thing happens:

1) When opening Lord DeSis's seal I have to be sitting directly below.
2) When entering Duriel's chamber, I can't get in when standing right next to the entrance.

Both problems are easily duplicated.

In addition, if you get desynchronized it may take longer on the server-side for your character to walk to a chest/door/waypoint than it does on your display. The net result is that you see your character touch the object, but the expected result is delayed by a second or two. When I'm feeling impatient, this generally results in me clicking the object several times before anything happens. :)

Cheers,

Jimbowe

Unresponsiveness - Fragbait - 05-21-2004

Heya there,

Quote:When entering Duriel's chamber, I can't get in when standing right next to the entrance.

Exactly the same thing seems to prevent me from entering the red portals to the pit levels in act 5 everytime.
I can go in however if I place myself accurately beneath the portal. This is a bit annoying, cause in a lan, when people you play with don't know this, they wonder what's wrong and in the meantime a whole queue of players is building up, that all want to get down there... ;)

Greetings, Fragbait

Unresponsiveness - Erised - 06-10-2004

Apparently most people can't get throught the chambers because of the rushing system. So Blizzard set TP's which arn't allowed through like a TP to the durance of hate which I couldn't get through. To get through them you have to do the quest before the last quest of that ACT.

But for the ACT 5 portals I have no-clue whats so ever.