Shrines
While i was tele porting around and going about my business i was thinking of this really cool new idea
since the old shrines are getting old(i tihnk) i think we should get some new shrines for Diablo 2 Lod
My idea is a Magic Finding Shrine that can give you around 20-100% added onto your Magic find. If anyone has any other ideas for this please post

Note: I am going on vacation for a week will not check this until then :P
USWEST ----Rojo-Caliente >>ladder<<
Lvl -72 Durid
Lvl -24 Sorcress
How bout a shrine that changes regular items to magic ones. That is in literal terms.

Get rid of fire shrines, or add a cold equivalent.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Somehow I doubt that Blizzard is going to make new shrines...
Add a big run/walk speed boost to stamina shrines.
Or a "Windows shrine". You click the shrine, and your PC reboots.

:P
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[ Wrote:Angel,Jun 15 2004, 03:28 AM]Or a "Windows shrine". You click the shrine, and your PC reboots.

:P
Yeah,

and it gets rid of all the spyware, dialers, worms and viruses etc. at the same time :P

Seriously :lol: , what if the gem shrines would upgrade runes?

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Quote:what if the gem shrines would upgrade runes?

Way overpowered. Gem shrines aren't that common, but they aren't rare enough to justify that sort of power. Think of it this way: if you had a rune you want to upgrade, finding a gem shrine would be like finding 2-3 more of that same rune.
I've always liked the idea of shrines that give the ever ellusive 75% chance to block.

Or even better, a shrine that gives a 1 frame block animation.

Perhaps one that allows 'Slain Monsters Rest In Peace,' it could come in handy with any 'reviving' monster classes.

% More gold? It sounds silly, but who wouldn't like 5k or 10k gold drops for a few minutes.

Ignore Targets Defense would be stellar as well.

Maybe the fire/poison shrines could add a bit of poison/fire damage as well.

Increase maximum durability of an item in your inventory? (Barred from working on ethereals though) Even one more point would be helpful, damn daggers!

Revive shrine!

I think if any of these had a rarity equal to or higher than gem shrines, gameplay wouldn't suffer from balance issues. Or maybe my wish for new shrines has clouded my judgement :P

-Munk
Quote:Increase maximum durability of an item in your inventory? (Barred from working on ethereals though) Even one more point would be helpful, damn daggers!

I can't support that one. Even if it'd be nice if my Djinn Slayer didn't break ever other battle, this sort of shrine would be a bad thing. It would allow you to repeatedly improve an item, without limit and without sacrifice. Even if it's just durability, such improvements wouldn't be good for the game.

Maybe you could have a shrine that repairs/recharges all your non-ethereal items and make you immune to item damage for a few minutes, though.
adeyke,Jun 15 2004, 12:25 AM Wrote:Maybe you could have a shrine that repairs/recharges all your non-ethereal items and make you immune to item damage for a few minutes, though.
A much better thought. :)

-Munk
adeyke,Jun 15 2004, 04:37 AM Wrote:Way overpowered.&nbsp; Gem shrines aren't that common, but they aren't rare enough to justify that sort of power.&nbsp; Think of it this way: if you had a rune you want to upgrade, finding a gem shrine would be like finding 2-3 more of that same rune.
Well, perhaps they could make special gem shrines, which spawned very seldom and in out of the way places. People would search all the maps thoroughly instead of just doing Meph/Baal/Cow runs. Alternatively the shrines could just transform up to a certain rune or only be enabled in Ladder and SP.
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Ladder only.

Hell only.

One per game only.

(EDIT): Only if Gem is activated :P

Only spawn if the player killed ALL THE SUPER UNIQUES IN THE GAME. Every single one of them. Ancient Kaa included.

Only spawn in act3, in one of the 6 temples. (Always have Fana ench. Wailing Beasts to guard it; I hate hammerdins so!).

And even then it would be too powerful. Maybe make it stochastic? It either upgrades or downgrades? Or make it drop one rune, not upgrade one? (maybe make it like an upgraded hellfoge?)

Not that anyone will make this happen, but we can always dream, now can't we?

(like, MAKE WAR CRY UNBLOCKABLE!)
A rare one-use shrine with a low chance of changing a magic random item t a rare would be cool. Uniques wouldn't be effected. This might work because of the useless bonuses that always seem to come on rares.

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Do you mean you'd get a new rare of that item type, losing the magic properties? If so, it'd be bad, as a magic item you actively decided to use is probably better than a random rare.

Or do you mean it'd keep its current affix(es) and gain additional random rare properties? If so, that'd be too good, as you'd then be able to have "magic-only" affixes on rare items. For example, 15% IAS and 31-40% ED on a rare jewel.
Didnt think about this. I guess it would get items from inventory in you had any, than it would be like a low chance imbue, but I never hear people talking about using imbues much so it seems this wouldn't be a problem.

How about a speed shrine that increases running, attacking, hit recovery, and block speed by something like 20%.

I could really go for some of the old D1 shrines though, like the one that repaired everything, or showed the whole map (even though that kinda stank in D1), or spat out life/mana/rejuvination potions, or an infravision shrine. The phasing shrine would be really annoying, but kinda fun for reckless players (like myself).

Edit: What they really need to do though, is to bring back the cryptic quotes and names that they had in D1 where you didn't know what the heck was happening when you hit a shrine.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
(Fake serious) This is D2 not D1. We look to the future on this forum.

Repair all shrines would be cool, especially if it filled up arrows/bolts/javalins/etc. What was this phasing shrine for those of us like me who didn't play D1?

It was called the "Holy Shrine" in the game and would teleport you to a random place on the map. It was based on one of the spells in the game, called "Phase" that would do the same thing when cast. Just think of it as a drunken teleport.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
No, don't use that one. Although it would be kind of cool for a second if it teleported you between acts and could send people farther ahead, before the high level monsters killed them.

A life regeneration shrine would only seem logical.
/rant+hijack
Of course, it would have to be way better than maxed Prayer, why oh why isn't there a synergy FOR Prayer from Holy Bolt???
/end rant+hijack

hmm, how about a quiz shrine that would ask you random questions about the NPC text for a reward of, say a Zod for five correct answers, a Jah for four... :lol:

Am I the only one weird enough to have (in my wasted youth) asked every NPC about every quest (and gossip!) with every character class? Part of me hopes yes, the other no...

"I guess it's to late to take some of the things I said to you back?" (from memory, Gheed after you killed Andy, right?)

Greetings

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.