VanCleef Assault
Ah, but those quests aren't actually IN the instance. They're in the area before the instance. If we want to make a run at Van Cleef, we'll probably want to just go straight to him (since most of the rest of us have done those parts already) to avoid having our computers grind to a halt at the end from playing too long without a reset. I've had that happen twice already and it makes playing a lot harder when you can't really tell what's going on. :(
-TheDragoon
Well, one of my characters killed him, but died in the process (so did our only person with ressurection) so he didn't get credit. :( Otherwise, most of the rest of the times I've tried have ended when very near him for a variety of reasons.
-TheDragoon
Hi,

If we want to make a run at Van Cleef, we'll probably want to just go straight to him

Excellent idea, I think.

avoid having our computers grind to a halt at the end from playing too long without a reset

Just wondering. If a person logs out in an instance, where are they when they log back in? Perhaps it might be workable to find someplace where each person in turn can log out, reboot, then log back in while the rest of the party holds the ground. If not *in* the instance, then maybe immediately before going in.

Just an idea.

And, life is still conspiring to keep me too up in the air to play much. A three hour session just isn't in my cards, so I'll stay home and wish y'all good luck.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

TheDragoon,Jul 29 2004, 11:03 AM Wrote:If we want to make a run at Van Cleef, we'll probably want to just go straight to him (since most of the rest of us have done those parts already) to avoid having our computers grind to a halt at the end from playing too long without a reset.
I'm glad to hear you say that as I was NOT looking forward to doing the collection quests - I'd prefer to just gun for the big guy and get him knocked down as quickly as possible. :)
Quote:Just wondering. If a person logs out in an instance, where are they when they log back in? Perhaps it might be workable to find someplace where each person in turn can log out, reboot, then log back in while the rest of the party holds the ground. If not *in* the instance, then maybe immediately before going in.
I actually was going to bring this up before we headed in (or perhaps right at the beginning). I think that my computer can handle 3 hours worth of playing, but if you add 2 hours before that to the mix (as happened to me last night), then it could mean trouble. :)

As for where you log back in, I'm not sure enough on those rules to feel up to making that decision. Once I was in an instance with someone who had to leave for a minute and he returned right where he had disappeared from. However, about a week ago I lost connection toward the end of the Deadmines (at the ship) and when I finally re-entered, I found myself back at the first door of the instance. So I wasn't at the very beginning, but pretty darn close. I was glad I had some potions to pop and I took a few short-cuts (ie jumping down a huge cliff) to get back up to where there were no more respawned mobs and my group members could protect me from the rest. :)
-TheDragoon
Van Cleef 8, Bolty 1.

SEE Bolty moments before Edwin gets what he deserves!

[Image: wow43.jpg]

SEE Bolty tell Van Cleef exactly what he thinks of him!

[Image: wow44.jpg]

SEE Bolty dance on Van Cleef's rotting corpse!

[Image: wow45.jpg]

A HUGE thanks go to TheDragoon, Lissa, Roane, and Tal for joining me on my 9th and finally successful Van Cleef attempt. Also, big thanks go to the Blizzard servers for NOT crashing or dropping anyone in the party, thus dooming us to failure once again. It took about 1.5 hours to kill Cleef and leave the dungeon. We were possessed. :)

Next week: Boltress the Warlock has heard of this Van Cleef fellow who needs execution. Who will join her?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
The curse is broken! Congrats to all. I wish I could have been there, it looks like fun.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Yay Bolty!

[Image: dance.gif][Image: dance.gif][Image: dance.gif][Image: dance.gif]
TheDragoon,Jul 29 2004, 03:02 AM Wrote:Ok, here's the rescheduling plan:

Van Cleef
Tomorrow at 5:00 PM Server Time (Pacific)
So the "tomorrow" was actuallt still on the 29th and not on the 30th?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Bolty,Jul 29 2004, 09:33 PM Wrote:Next week: Boltress the Warlock has heard of this Van Cleef fellow who needs execution.  Who will join her?

-Bolty
Unfortunately I am out of smaller characters who are ready for Van Cleef. But if you need a tank to help clear the way let me know. :)
Yeah, sorry, it was "tomorrow" when I posted it but it probably was the 29th in your time zone when it went up. It was yesterday (the 29th).
-TheDragoon
Quote:Next week: Boltress the Warlock has heard of this Van Cleef fellow who needs execution. Who will join her?
Well, I've heard there's a young up-and-coming warrior by the name of TheDragoon who might like to join you. His is particularly skilled at angering people and tends to get all of the attention, but I bet you'd like that, huh? :rolleyes:
-TheDragoon
Well, my level 20 treehugger sure would like a chance at this Van Cleef fellow. :D

Side note: What spell are you using on hotkey #7? It looks just like the Druid spell Moonfire! Does it do DoT too or have a completely different function? Interesting...

EDIT: Fixed spell confusion :D
OK, hopefully I can someday actually do my first instance without mixing up days, second time now :)

By the way, Paladins have anothr quest in the deadmines (probably not instance then) to collect some ore or tool (don't remember) for their level 20 quest serie. So I think it is soon time for me to go there, not only doing the instamce but the whole lot.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Refrigerator,Jul 30 2004, 12:12 PM Wrote:Well, my level 20 treehugger sure would like a chance at this Van Cleef fellow. :D

Side note:  What spell are you using on hotkey #7?  It looks just like the Druid spell Moonfire!  Does it do DoT too or have a completely different function?  Interesting...

EDIT:  Fixed spell confusion  :D
I believe that is Arcane Missiles
Go Bolty! Go Bolty!
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.