The Warcraft III Thread
The other thread is getting pretty big, almost five pages in length.

To kick off this new thread, I'm posting a link to the newest replay I've submitted to BattleReports, this one outlining just how important upgrades can be ^_^

You can find it here.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Well, after a few FFAs which made me realize how cut-and-paste FFA is, I went back to standard 1v1's, and have been doing quite well. I am currently on a six-win winning streak, and have just recently reached 13-4 in Orc v. Orc 1v1's. Haven't heard or seen much action from my fellow Lurkers, however - I guess they're all on Lordaeron :(
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
Quote: Haven't heard or seen much action from my fellow Lurkers, however - I guess they're all on Lordaeron

:lol: Yea, I'll look on the other gateways. :P
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Also, I guess it would help to know when you're on and if their are alternative means of communication (instant messaging, blah blah blah) so I don't have to randomly log on all gateways looking for people :lol:\
\
And a b.net channel would help too, the old ones seem to be dead.
My Azeroth account and AIM are both ArtegaAP, and I can usually be found lurking about in the AB channel, since there usually isn't a Lurker Lounge channel active.
Well, for the first time since.... I started playing WoW :lol: I played a few games of WCIII the other day. I have a few replays I'd like to post, and will post them soon. As soon as I find a host. So I can post. Along the coast.
:huh: :lol:

This match was very very close. If the orc guy had been a decent player... Very tense game. I'll post it... soon. :D

EDIT: Removed spoiler. I"m not going to tell you who won! :P
http://www.battlereports.com :) Please don't upload too much though.
I checked that out, but it says I have to be a 'rater' to post replays. I also checked out the file manager, but didn't see any way to link to the replay I uploaded. :huh:

What am I missing here?
Quote:Well, for the first time since.... I started playing WoW  I played a few games of WCIII the other day. I have a few replays I'd like to post, and will post them soon. As soon as I find a host. So I can post. Along the coast.
While on the coast, are you going to eat some toast? I could go for a roast. After, I'd boast about how I ate the most. Watch out for that ghost!

Sorry, I just had to.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
lol, they just changed it. Well, guess you'll have to find somewhere else.
You can also email me the replay, or whatever. -_-
In a new TV commercial for McDonalds, an employee is playing Warcraft III on his computer.

Amazing!
What hero should orc players get at 2nd tier?
I usually snag a Shadow Hunter, or a Far Seer. The Far Seer makes a pretty decent second hero for Far Sight (for scouting) and Chain Lightning. The Shadow Hunter works great with Healing Wave and Hex. The Tauren Chieftain also makes a superb second hero - War Stomp and Endurance Aura are the favorites, though Shockwave can be a game-breaker in team games.
Not to call you a noob or anything... but if you watch pro replays Far-Seer is usually going to be the first hero, and NOT for Far Sight or CL, but Feral Spirit...
Different strokes for different folks. . . And you did ask. If used as a secondary hero, the other skills may be more important.

Just a thought,

Munk
Actualy, the "pros" or people who actualy play the game for money have played this game to such a high level far above the average for b.net players. When asking for opinion, you would refer to the highest levels of play.

However, I feel that the question was loaded. As in you (referring to unreal) ask for advice and then jump on the answer is "newbie." If one were to use pro sources on where to get the first hero, common sense dictates where to find the source on the 2nd one??

And like you said,Munkay, if it's used as a secondary hero, it will have diffrent purposes.
I just consider the Far Seer to be a no-skill-required hero - the only two skills used are invariably Feral Spirit and Chain Lightning, and it's not difficult to use either effectively. I frankly think the Far Seer (and Archmage, for that matter) is overpowered, but that's probably just me.

I prefer the Tauren Chieftain and Shadow Hunter because they require active microing to use them effectively. With the TC, you're either running into the center of combat to use War Stomp and then escape, or running to a place to line up a good Shockwave. With the Shadow Hunter, you're always looking at your army's HP while placing down Serpent Wards or Hexing enemy units.
Given the success of a Lurker Lounge clan on WoW (I love that tabard ^_^ ), I was considering heading one for War3. Thing is, I think the making of a War3 clan requires that a certain number of people be invited (and accept) an invitation within a certain time frame, which would require that many people interested in joining up be on at the same time. The main reason to make a clan would to be able to more easily keep up with fellow Lurkers who happen to be on the same server at the same time without the need for a clogged-up friends list.
EDIT: Agh, double-post >_< Sorry :(
Allow me to read up on how this clan thing works. :P I need some people to teach my how to play the game. To be honest, I haven't picked up the game for a while, but this might give me a good reason to.