The Warcraft III Thread
Quote:I also have the first four of my WarChasers: Creep Campaigns series finished (Ashenvale, Outland, Barrens, and Sunken Ruins) if anybody wants those.
Well since warchasers is a multiplayer game I would assume your version is too. Why not arrange a time to play it with a group of lurkers? Everyone could say "hey good job Vashj" while I tell you how you could have done it better. B)
If you're interested, I'll post an address where you can download them by the end of the week (hopefully?), but I may or may not play myself (see above comments on the state of my Internet connection).

It's simple enough, really. Change the terrain and doodads, and turn all the heroes into heroic Creeps (although I confess to cheating and throwing in a plain old Tauren Chieftan and Naga Sea Witch on the Barrens and Ruins maps). I've made one single change to the triggers (except making the skills display accurately): All of the enemy units die when the final boss does.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Aww I thought you made something original. :(
2 more people left. Can't people who own the game just log on a little while just for this? :P
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I actually have made some original maps, but they were built by and for someone who played SP only and was really into creeping. They'll need fixing before they're much good for multiplayer.
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
Sure, but school starting again has taken a huge chunk out of my life. I'm going to have to relearn how to organize my life around it again. :( But, if there was a time set out ahead of time, I could almost certainly make it, if only for a little while.

<random thought>Maybe we should have weekly tournaments or matches or something. That would be kind of neat, seeing the improvements to the newer players (I'm technically not a new player but play so little that I might as well be) every week. Might be fun. </random>
That would mean you would need hosts and stuff right Does anybody know what ports you have to open to host WC3 games?

Hey refridgerator, your sig says the battle between the dimwitted and the 1337. Does that mean its 1337 vs Dimwitted, or 1337+dimwitted vs Lurkers?
Let's just say you have just left little doubt where you stand in that battle.
Oooooh... Burn!

But, yeah, that sort of question is better left to a PM.

At any rate, I believe you need the use of port 6117 to host games (try hosting an AT game and it'll tell you which ports if you fail.) I can't host because I don't have access to the university's connection settings :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
NT
Blah, same difference >_<
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
My home internet connection has officially died (Dad hit the phone line with a DitchWitch). I'm out, until we get this mess straight.
Quote:Hey Refrigerator, your sig says the battle between the dimwitted and the 1337. Does that mean its 1337 vs Dimwitted, or 1337+dimwitted vs Lurkers?

Read it. I don't think it necessarily means all people who post on the Lounge though.
I've emphasized the relative bits for you.

Quote:This is our final sanctuary, our haven; our Isengard. It
is here where we, the stalwart champions of the light,
shall make our stand against the coming apocalyptic
battle with the dimwitted and the "1337".
-[wcip]angel

EDIT: Quotes!
I don't know. Are the advantages of having a clan that much greater? I don't really see ten people logging on at the same time to do this at this point.
Well, after some time to analyse my games, I have settled on more or less, an exclusive NE game, due to the nigh-ridicilous monotony of Human... AM/MK, MK/AM, prevent harass, try to creep, rifles, tech to casters, fast expand if cross-map, same old, same old.

With NE, there are quite a few viable strategies - not to mention that 3 of their heroes have some impressive harassment potential. I love the entire "Immolate suicide on peasants, do it twice, and you've killed all his lumber, if tower, or not Human, manaburn creepjack him, shadowstrike harass in creepjacking, entangling fleeing units". So much more interesting then breaking a sweat, trying to save your peasants from that damned Far Seer...

And, of course, there's nothing more satisfying then pulling off a perfect detonate, that both burns the Far Seer's/DK's mana, AND takes out the spirit wolves/skeletons that he just summoned.
NE games are fun. An added benefit is that you can sit outside an opponent's base all night, quietly building up a strike force on his doorstep, if you're careful (watch out for towers with MS or Shades. This is when Scout comes in handiest).

Level 3 Blink is great for drawing a computer player into an ambush. Most humans are too smart for that.
Patch 1.17 is now available for downloading.
I'll go ahead and check out the changes. They look pretty intresting. Hopefully, this will encourage more people to take up the game again.
It's causing general mayhem with DOTA. With Wind Walk allowing people to move through units, and with orb effects stacking with Cleave, people are crying "IMBA!" like never before.

The DOTA forums have been down for some time now, coincidentally.
As previously mentioned, I have modified versions of several of my favorite maps, with a max of four heroes and max hero level of 15. When I tried to adapt one of those maps to compensate for the two new heroes...

First: Taverns not only did not sell either the Alchemist or the Firelord, they had stopped selling Tinkers.

Second: Once I got that fixed, I discovered the game did not recognize Alchemists, Firelords, or Tinkers as counting towards your hero limit, opening up the possibility of having SEVEN heroes at a time.

BTW: Firelords are fun. Firelords are really fun. Firelords are teh pwn.