Quest Sharing Implemented!
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx...4029#Post194029

You will now be able to share your quests with your entire party. To utilize this option, you’ll need to open your quest log, select a quest, and press the “Share Quest” button. All members of your party will then be presented with the quest as though you were the quest-giving NPC.

Some restrictions:
  • You’ll only be able to share with party members.
    <>
  • Party members will have to be nearby when you share.
    <>
  • Party members will have to meet the prerequisites of the quest. For example, if you’re on step 2 of a quest and your friend is still on step 1, you won’t be able to give your friend a “shortcut” to step 2.
    <>
  • Quests generated from items cannot be shared.<>
    [st]Wow, this is big! I know one real annoyance in the game is having to get everyone in your group on the same quests. Now you can have one party member grab, say, all the Uldaman quests, and give them out to their partymates - saving loads of time instead of having each party member run around and grab them all up. With our Uldaman group last week, we blew over an hour doing just that. This is a big help to the casual gamer, since less time will be "wasted" running around picking up quests.

Joy!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
So we have pullers, tanks, healers ... and now quest-gatherers. Which class can do it the fastest?
:P

"Hey Frank, we're all going out to party ... have some quests ready for us when we get back, will ya?"

Any word on the quest queue being expanded?
Quote:Which class can do it the fastest?

Wouldn't that be the Druid or Shaman (The one with the Spirit Wolf form)?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
/v cheer! :D
This is great news!

And I'd guess that, for scattered quests, a Mage is probably up there with the quick ones, because (as Bolty has said before) they're one flight away from anywhere.
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Actually due to the obscurity of finding some of the quests, everyone can really help at finding some of those scattered quests.

Another point that can help is that due the quest list being limited to only 20 active quests, there is great reluctance at times to drop a quest that originates from some out of the way location when one needs room on the list. Now it may be possible to preserve some of the obscure quests so long as not everyone in the party drops the same quest to make room. After completing the current set of quests (usually for an instance run) some of these quests could be re-shared to allow the least amount of trouble to some at continuing what tehy were doing earlier.
Cryptic,Aug 12 2004, 04:16 PM Wrote:So we have pullers, tanks, healers ... and now quest-gatherers.&nbsp; Which class can do it the fastest?
:P

"Hey Frank, we're all going out to party ... have some quests ready for us when we get back, will ya?"

Any word on the quest queue being expanded?
The word is they do not plan to increase the quest queue size :(

I'd like it if they shrunk the queue for toons less than level 20 and increased it for those over 40. There will probably be many more toons under 20 than over 40 at least for a long long time.
Quote:Wouldn't that be the Druid or Shaman (The one with the Spirit Wolf form)?

I think that you would be right in the more rural areas of the world, but when it comes to picking up quests from major cities, I think that the mage would be the best one for that, especially if you were to be just getting into a new area, the mage can port ahead, pick up the quests, and head back to meet you.

Hey Bolty, with you knowing just about where everything is quest-wise, if you had a druid or Shaman, a party with you would really fly!

This is good.... very good.....

SaxyCorp
Also in the list of changes, I saw this:

Quote:Tracking
Tracking of all types will now work until canceled, but you will only be able to have one type of tracking working at a time (Herb Finding, Mineral Finding, Sense Undead, etc.).
While it's nice that they'll go until canceled, it's going to be annoying to only have one work at a time. That means my Warrior who does both Herbalism and Mining will have to choose which thing to search for at any given time. It seems like a kind of unnatural restriction. Perhaps it is just something they had to do to implement it, but it's going to make some tradeskilling more annoying.
-TheDragoon
Hi,

. . . my Warrior who does both Herbalism and Mining will have to choose . . .

Yeah. Ditto for almost all my characters, but I think I'll change that in the future. I suspect it is another attempt by Blizzard to restrict the number of trade skills that one character will have. And, as you point out, it is an "unnatural restriction". We'll see if it works.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:While it's nice that they'll go until canceled, it's going to be annoying to only have one work at a time. That means my Warrior who does both Herbalism and Mining will have to choose which thing to search for at any given time. It seems like a kind of unnatural restriction. Perhaps it is just something they had to do to implement it, but it's going to make some tradeskilling more annoying.
Well, isn't that a pain. Undead Tracking/Sense Undead isn't in the same league as Herb Finding and Mineral Finding.

Basically nullifies Undead/Beast/etc Tracking for all but very particular circumstances, like say, sensing undeads in certain graveyards with named mobs. And yeah, mineral and herb finding will become a big fat pain. Running through a forest, only to switch find herbs/minerals every few seconds. Bleh... I'd rather refresh every few minutes rather than refresh every couple of seconds.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
Quote:While it's nice that they'll go until canceled, it's going to be annoying to only have one work at a time. That means my Warrior who does both Herbalism and Mining will have to choose which thing to search for at any given time. It seems like a kind of unnatural restriction. Perhaps it is just something they had to do to implement it, but it's going to make some tradeskilling more annoying.

Question is though, do you really need find minerals? Mining nodes stick out like sore thumbs and just knowing roughly were to look shows that you really don't need find minerals all that often. OTOH, finding herb nodes can be down right a pain without the skill as you never quite know where an herb node will pop up and some herb nodes look like they should belong as part of the background.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Hi,

Question is though, do you really need find minerals?

Try running around with it on and with it off in the same area for a few hours. See how much you find with it off. I'm betting not much.

Mining nodes stick out like sore thumbs . . .

Yeah, they do. But they're mostly a fair ways back into the rocks where you probably aren't going except to find them since it takes too long to get anywhere in the hills.

Frankly, I think that "bare eyeball" searching for either herbs or ores is a waste of time. The area you can cover by eye is just too small. I suspect that people will come up with a way to tie swapping the search spells to a movement key. Which, of course, negates whatever Blizzard was trying to do. And adds more overhead to the UI functions which are pretty well stressed as is.

Whatever.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?