reloadUI
I got this advice in game to use the console command reloadUI. Cleared all my patch UI problems up right away. I figured I'd post here about it in case anyone else was stuck in my situation.
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
This command is invaluable in the Sunken Temple - not to give away any spoilers but keep it in mind for later. Unless Blizzard has patched the issue. ;)
I have to use this everytime I log in, because of the same issues. I'm hoping this is a known issue with Blizz, and that some fixes will clear it up.
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
Magicbag,Sep 23 2004, 02:39 PM Wrote:I have to use this everytime I log in, because of the same issues.&nbsp; I'm hoping this is a known issue with Blizz, and that some fixes will clear it up.
If you're running in 1280x1024, there's a bug that causes all the text to drop down and to the right until you type in ReloadUI. This is caused by the game switching to widescreen mode and back to normal mode as the game loads.

To fix, add the line

SET widescreen "0"

to your config.wtf before loading the game. Worked for me.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I found it very useful before. It fixes glitches or outright errors. I learned of it when someone told me it could fix camara problems. my problem was at the time that after being polymorphed into a chicken (cluck cluck). The camera would remain aimed at my feet. 'twas very annoying, but my boots remained spotless.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.