Fast Reply
Is there some reason that fast reply isn't turned on?
I'm afraid I'm not sure exactly what "fast reply" is.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Twenty six minutes ...I'd say you got a fast reply!

(Griselda -- I believe it is a feature of the Invision software that they use on the Amazon Basin.)
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
ttp://s7.invisionfree.com/Domain_Arun_Forum/index.php

Thats the link to my website forum. Go to a topic, and by the 'reply' button you'll see a 'fast reply' button. It makes a window popup beneath the topic, meaning you don't have to load a new page. I'm on 56k right now and it's kind of annoying to have wait for the thingie to load.
I couldn't see that on your forum without registering, but I was able to see it at the Basin forums. The reason fast reply wouldn't work here is that it doesn't have a way to keep the reply in its proper place in the thread tree.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Griselda,Sep 23 2004, 10:12 PM Wrote:The reason fast reply wouldn't work here is that it doesn't have a way to keep the reply in its proper place in the thread tree.
To unrealshadow13:

I am sorry to know that loading is slow for you here. There are many here who really (really) like the threaded method of viewing posts.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Hey I'm not advocating to get rid of the whole threaded thing (incidently how do you view it in threaded mode?) I was just wondering.
Perhaps this is in the 2.0 version of the software that we'll be (hopefully) migrating to this weekend.

-Bolty

P.S. "Fast Reply," indeed! Go, Gris! :)
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
unrealshadow13,Sep 23 2004, 11:37 PM Wrote:(incidently how do you view it in threaded mode?)
Go to "My Controls" at the top of the page.

Go to "Board Settings" (on the left hand side, almost at the bottom)

One of the options there is "View in threaded mode". Click "Yes".
When civility survives,
I know nice from right.

Another way is to click on the "use threaded view" at the top of the thread page.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,Sep 24 2004, 08:09 AM Wrote:Another way is to click on the "use threaded view" at the top of the thread page.
AFAIK, (only because I occasionally do this in reverse, and use Linear View for a topic that has many replies in it before I notice it), that will only apply to that specific topic. When I open another topic, it will default back to Threaded View for me.
When civility survives,
I know nice from right.

Can't seem to find the threaded view option anymore. Just making a note of it. I know that there's lots left to be done. Please don't hurt me... :)
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Chaerophon,Sep 25 2004, 10:04 PM Wrote:Can't seem to find the threaded view option anymore.  Just making a note of it.  I know that there's lots left to be done.  Please don't hurt me...  :)
[right][snapback]56406[/snapback][/right]

For this version of the forum, it seems to be called "Outline View".

On the first post of a thread, under the Reply, New Topic, and New Pool buttons, there are three options: Outline, Standard, and Linear+. Selecting Outline will give you threaded view, although only for that thread, and will not stay constantly on.

I'm sure it'll be hacked to be on by default soon.
unrealshadow13,Sep 23 2004, 08:11 PM Wrote:Is there some reason that fast reply isn't turned on?
[right][snapback]56283[/snapback][/right]

Fast reply has been enabled for all forums!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
YZilla,Sep 26 2004, 01:24 AM Wrote:For this version of the forum, it seems to be called "Outline View".

On the first post of a thread, under the Reply, New Topic, and New Pool buttons, there are three options: Outline, Standard, and Linear+. Selecting Outline will give you threaded view, although only for that thread, and will not stay constantly on.

I'm sure it'll be hacked to be on by default soon.
[right][snapback]56408[/snapback][/right]

Outline has been switched to the default type. Unfortunately, IPB 2.0 doesn't seem to let individual users select their default type, so now I'll have people complaining that they want linear as the default. :)

-Bolty
Bolty,Sep 26 2004, 10:07 AM Wrote:Outline has been switched to the default type.  Unfortunately, IPB 2.0 doesn't seem to let individual users select their default type, so now I'll have people complaining that they want linear as the default.  :)

-Bolty
[right][snapback]56434[/snapback][/right]

Yep, you will. *complains that I was used to Linear view* ;)
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!