The Lurker Lounge Forums
Fast Reply - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Fast Reply (/thread-7893.html)

Fast Reply - Guest - 09-24-2004

Is there some reason that fast reply isn't turned on?

Fast Reply - Griselda - 09-24-2004

I'm afraid I'm not sure exactly what "fast reply" is.

Fast Reply - LavCat - 09-24-2004

Twenty six minutes ...I'd say you got a fast reply!

(Griselda -- I believe it is a feature of the Invision software that they use on the Amazon Basin.)

ttp://s7.invisionfree.com/Domain_Arun_Forum/index.php

Thats the link to my website forum. Go to a topic, and by the 'reply' button you'll see a 'fast reply' button. It makes a window popup beneath the topic, meaning you don't have to load a new page. I'm on 56k right now and it's kind of annoying to have wait for the thingie to load.

Fast Reply - Griselda - 09-24-2004

I couldn't see that on your forum without registering, but I was able to see it at the Basin forums. The reason fast reply wouldn't work here is that it doesn't have a way to keep the reply in its proper place in the thread tree.

Fast Reply - ShadowHM - 09-24-2004

Griselda,Sep 23 2004, 10:12 PM Wrote:The reason fast reply wouldn't work here is that it doesn't have a way to keep the reply in its proper place in the thread tree.
To unrealshadow13:

I am sorry to know that loading is slow for you here. There are many here who really (really) like the threaded method of viewing posts.

Hey I'm not advocating to get rid of the whole threaded thing (incidently how do you view it in threaded mode?) I was just wondering.

Fast Reply - Bolty - 09-24-2004

Perhaps this is in the 2.0 version of the software that we'll be (hopefully) migrating to this weekend.

-Bolty

P.S. "Fast Reply," indeed! Go, Gris! :)

unrealshadow13,Sep 23 2004, 11:37 PM Wrote:(incidently how do you view it in threaded mode?)
Go to "My Controls" at the top of the page.

Go to "Board Settings" (on the left hand side, almost at the bottom)

One of the options there is "View in threaded mode". Click "Yes".

Fast Reply - Minionman - 09-24-2004

Another way is to click on the "use threaded view" at the top of the thread page.

Minionman,Sep 24 2004, 08:09 AM Wrote:Another way is to click on the "use threaded view" at the top of the thread page.
AFAIK, (only because I occasionally do this in reverse, and use Linear View for a topic that has many replies in it before I notice it), that will only apply to that specific topic. When I open another topic, it will default back to Threaded View for me.

Fast Reply - Chaerophon - 09-26-2004

Can't seem to find the threaded view option anymore. Just making a note of it. I know that there's lots left to be done. Please don't hurt me... :)

Fast Reply - yangman - 09-26-2004

Chaerophon,Sep 25 2004, 10:04 PM Wrote:Can't seem to find the threaded view option anymore.  Just making a note of it.  I know that there's lots left to be done.  Please don't hurt me...  :)
[right][snapback]56406[/snapback][/right]

For this version of the forum, it seems to be called "Outline View".

On the first post of a thread, under the Reply, New Topic, and New Pool buttons, there are three options: Outline, Standard, and Linear+. Selecting Outline will give you threaded view, although only for that thread, and will not stay constantly on.

I'm sure it'll be hacked to be on by default soon.

Fast Reply - Bolty - 09-26-2004

unrealshadow13,Sep 23 2004, 08:11 PM Wrote:Is there some reason that fast reply isn't turned on?
[right][snapback]56283[/snapback][/right]

Fast reply has been enabled for all forums!

-Bolty

Fast Reply - Bolty - 09-26-2004

YZilla,Sep 26 2004, 01:24 AM Wrote:For this version of the forum, it seems to be called "Outline View".

On the first post of a thread, under the Reply, New Topic, and New Pool buttons, there are three options: Outline, Standard, and Linear+. Selecting Outline will give you threaded view, although only for that thread, and will not stay constantly on.

I'm sure it'll be hacked to be on by default soon.
[right][snapback]56408[/snapback][/right]

Outline has been switched to the default type. Unfortunately, IPB 2.0 doesn't seem to let individual users select their default type, so now I'll have people complaining that they want linear as the default. :)

-Bolty

Fast Reply - Dozer - 09-26-2004

Bolty,Sep 26 2004, 10:07 AM Wrote:Outline has been switched to the default type.  Unfortunately, IPB 2.0 doesn't seem to let individual users select their default type, so now I'll have people complaining that they want linear as the default.  :)

-Bolty
[right][snapback]56434[/snapback][/right]

Yep, you will. *complains that I was used to Linear view* ;)