Where Things Are Going
Number 7 for me. Second row just looks a lot cooler than first one imho.

Greetings

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
While working with different animation ideas for #18 I merged layers to come up with this one. It really doesn't fit the feel of the lurker lounge imo, but it does look cool so i thought i'd post it for you.

[Image: LL18spintest.jpg]

jrichard
jrichard,Nov 6 2004, 11:21 AM Wrote:While working with different animation ideas for #18 I merged layers to come up with this one.  It really doesn't fit the feel of the lurker lounge imo, but it does look cool so i thought i'd post it for you.

[Image: LL18spintest.jpg]

jrichard
[right][snapback]59464[/snapback][/right]

I like it! It's the Lurker Lounge Lizards' Logo! :P
Mambo has been installed in http://www.lurkerlounge.com/mambo. Eventually everything located there will be moved to the server's root.

Now I have to get the content moved over and a template installed.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Griselda,Nov 6 2004, 01:43 PM Wrote:I like it!  It's the Lurker Lounge Lizards' Logo!  :P
[right][snapback]59467[/snapback][/right]

OH? I thought the 4 L's were Lois Lane's Lesbian Lover . . .

*ducks*

Well, you are right, that would have been six L's, as it would have to have geen Lois Lane's Lesbian Lover, Lana Lang.

*ducks too late as Gris scores a hit against pointless Superman comics references*

Ouchies! :ph34r:

Lizard? Hmmm, would Gekko approve, as he is inferred by the reference to saurian loungers . . .

Occhi

PS: Something neato about the atom orbit design, though 16-18 strike me as a bit tighter, and closer to keeping with the KISS principle.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Based on the feedback since last time, here are some renderings of the top 6 logos in the themes: “Warcraft - Human Alliance” and “Warcraft – Orcish Horde”.

[Image: Warcraft_Human_Alliance_Sample.jpg]

[Image: Warcraft_Orcish_Horde_Sample.jpg]

the Langolier,Nov 4 2004, 04:31 AM Wrote:#4

If it is also going to be used for icons as well than the letters in 1-3 will run together and make it difficult to see what it looks like (just like how odd Diablo's horns look on the D2 icon).  Maybe the L's don't have to be AS bulky as they are in 4, but I like it as a start.
[right][snapback]59088[/snapback][/right]

Yes. How well it would look when shrunk down to icon-size was one of the things running through my mind. In the samples above, some logos with “thin” areas make rendering difficult. In the end however, I think we should just go with what we like best without consideration to these technical concerns. Let the artists do touch-ups where these technical concerns surface later on.

I hope these renderings will help the Lounge in its decision as to what the top 3 logos are.
Peace,
Xyngynkynyn
I'm liking #4 with these renderings. I would like it even better if the LL was a little smaller so the the Ls could be spaced a little further apart with slightly longer bottom segements. #4 looks more like a glaring eye rather than the feeling of no emotion from #2.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Where did you get the shield images?
DeeBye,Nov 12 2004, 02:09 PM Wrote:Where did you get the shield images?
[right][snapback]60007[/snapback][/right]

I made them from scratch based on the actual Warcraft 3 shields (from here and here). I'll add the weapons somewhere down the road.
Peace,
Xyngynkynyn
LochnarITB,Nov 12 2004, 01:47 PM Wrote:I'm liking #4 with these renderings.  I would like it even better if the LL was a little smaller so the the Ls could be spaced a little further apart with slightly longer bottom segements.  #4 looks more like a glaring eye rather than the feeling of no emotion from #2.
[right][snapback]60004[/snapback][/right]

Like this?

[Image: add_on_7.jpg]
Peace,
Xyngynkynyn
Xyngynkynyn,Nov 12 2004, 09:56 AM Wrote:Like this?
[right][snapback]60018[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, that separation between L's looks better.

Still prefer the 'eye' design of the top row (#2 to be precise) :)
Can I just interrupt for a moment with an important comment?

"Wow."

There, I just had to get that out of my system.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Walkiry,Nov 12 2004, 08:52 PM Wrote:Yeah, that separation between L's looks better.

Still prefer the 'eye' design of the top row (#2 to be precise) :)
[right][snapback]60026[/snapback][/right]

Ok I've redone #2 using #7's double L's. To distinguish this from #2, let's call it 2.5.

[Image: add_on_2.5.jpg]
Peace,
Xyngynkynyn
Xyngynkynyn,Nov 12 2004, 09:54 PM Wrote:Ok I've redone #2 using #7's double L's. To distinguish this from #2, let's call it 2.5.
[right][snapback]60089[/snapback][/right]

Okay, that's just PHAT.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Nov 13 2004, 04:13 AM Wrote:Okay, that's just PHAT.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]60092[/snapback][/right]

:blink: Agreed

Riddle me this: I like the human shield of #7, but prefer the horde one of #2.5. Ha!

Must be about the shield's symmetry.

Oh, and may I be the next one to say you're doing an excellent work? :)
Just wondering - is anyone giving any thought on trying out making a template for the new site, or will I be going this alone?

At Mamboportal.com, they have a number of templates you can download as examples, and even a template generator of sorts. Anyone seriously working on it can be granted access to install and tweak the templates, of course.

-Bolty
Bolty,Nov 14 2004, 07:33 PM Wrote:Just wondering - is anyone giving any thought on trying out making a template for the new site, or will I be going this alone?

At Mamboportal.com, they have a number of templates you can download as examples, and even a template generator of sorts.  Anyone seriously working on it can be granted access to install and tweak the templates, of course.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]60225[/snapback][/right]

Well, I suppose I could try, except that I really don't have any experience with any of this. Looking at the page you linked to confused me... I don't know which files I need to just experiment with templates and such...

So, I could give it a try, but I'd have to be baby-stepped through the first bit... :huh:
Refrigerator,Nov 15 2004, 09:34 PM Wrote:Looking at the page you linked to confused me...  I don't know which files I need to just experiment with templates and such...

So, I could give it a try, but I'd have to be baby-stepped through the first bit...  :huh:
[right][snapback]60289[/snapback][/right]
Ditto. Actually, although I would guess that a googling of "mambo template tutorial" would have brought some resolution of the confusion for me, it seemed like something that might actually require me to think a bit and would certainly tax my extremely poor graphics skills and that scared me off. There were also the pressing matters of the Guild Wars and WoW betas. And then there was a bunch of RL garbage to deal with, including an unfortunate happening that took me away from my machine altogether for 5+ days. I know these are just excuses though and I do think I will still look into mambo further. I just doubt that my poor design skills would yield anything that would do credit to the quality of the LL.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Xyngynkynyn,Nov 12 2004, 02:56 AM Wrote:Like this?
[right][snapback]60018[/snapback][/right]
As has already been said - Yep!

[edit]Would it be possible to try the second L on top instead of the first? It seems to feel somewhat out of order to see the left-hand one on top but I think that its lower limb might get lost if it was underneath. (Yeah, yeah, I know. I started with a simple answer before my edit but it would just go against my nature not to complicate things. :P )
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Xyngynkynyn,Nov 12 2004, 08:54 PM Wrote:Ok I've redone #2 using #7's double L's. To distinguish this from #2, let's call it 2.5.

[Image: add_on_2.5.jpg]
[right][snapback]60089[/snapback][/right]

While I like both 1 and 6, I must say that 2.5 is very nice, and would look great on a framed photo over my fireplace at home. Of course, Mrs Occhi is not so keen on that decor scheme . . .

Ya done good!

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete