Where can I find or how can I get Sigons stuff
Patrick_A,Nov 24 2004, 10:18 PM Wrote:And what actually made me mad was you were saying about me investing a whole lifetime into Diablo 2, when you have no room to talk, you spend a lifetime helping to manage these forums.

Try reading the post. It helps.

All Griselda said is that Sigon's isn't hard to find. Everything else is just your imagination. She didn't say you spend too much time in Diablo or that you don't have a life or anything like that. As for attacking her for managing the forums, that's just stupid.

Patrick_A,Nov 24 2004, 10:18 PM Wrote:Same goes to Lord_Olf, it seems he spend all night and day on these forums, 03:10 AM, 06:20 AM?  What, did you wake up at 6:20, or did you pull an all-nighter to continue complaining?
[right][snapback]61204[/snapback][/right]

Making ad hominem attacks on people for having a different sleeping schedule? It's not hard to look to the left of Lord_Olf's posts and see he's in Germany. There's this little thing called "time zones." Look it up.

It's clear that you don't like us. Well, if you can't be bothered to use proper English, can't be bothered to actually read the posts, and can't refrain from launching ad hominem attacks, we don't like you, either. So please just go away.
No, I'm saying that one would hardly need to invest a lifetime to find Sigon's set. Play for a little while and you'll be wading through the things. Besides, you will not find me belittling other people over "it's just a game" or how much time they've put into it. I think the fact that we all enjoy a hobby that might be seen by others in "real life" as a waste of time is something that we have in common, not something that we should use to try to tear one another down.

Also, please keep in mind that we have posters from all over the world. So, your 3AM might be somebody else's 6 PM, for example. I'm sure that not everybody here has a 9-to-5 schedule, either.

Patrick, I do hope you won't take this thread too personally. What happened was people started talking about our policies in more general terms; not specifically about you and your specific post. You're more than welcome to stay, but if you've found that this isn't your sort of place, than I wish you well.

I hope that you can do the same for us.
Hail,

ima_nerd,Nov 24 2004, 11:04 PM Wrote:Wow. That's strange. I edited it about 5 minutes after I posted. Weird that you read it right in those 5 minutes...
[right][snapback]61140[/snapback][/right]

no harm done; it happens at times.

Take care,

Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
Hail,

Patrick_A,Nov 25 2004, 07:18 AM Wrote:...
Same goes to Lord_Olf, it seems he spend all night and day on these forums, 03:10 AM, 06:20 AM?  What, did you wake up at 6:20, or did you pull an all-nighter to continue complaining?  I dont even own the damn game, I go over to my friend's house on weekends occasionaly... 

And what are you doing talking about spelling and grammar and argueing about what is talked about in English Language Arts, this forum is about Diablo only, try using the search engine. - Sound familure?
-I know Im a bad speller..

Thanks,
Patrick.
[right][snapback]61204[/snapback][/right]

as adeyke pointed out: different time zones for different people. I sure don't stay up all night to complain, I have better things to do.

As Griselda said, what happened here was that your thread started a discussion about basic Lounge behaviour. Aside from my first reply, nothing of that was aimed at you - threaded view makes that obvious. So, you made a "newbie" mistake, I pointed it out to you, that's all. Nothing happened, no harm done.

And about spelling, grammar and the like:
As Griselda also said in another context, if you let it slip by one time, there'll be a lot of next times. To me, making my post readable is just basic decency. Also, I tend to ignore posts that are full of sloppy grammar and gross misspellings.

Again, this is not to flame you, just to explain. If we were ignorant of how people posted here, the Lounge would deteriorate into just another forum, which we don't want to see happen. That''s why where taking a more consequent approach to this than other gaming sites. We just don't want to have to sort through pages of posts just to find some that are decipherable, the rest "leet speak" or just plain rubbish.

That being said, again, welcome to the Lounge. If you can't or don't want to agree with our philosophy, I hope you'll find another place more to your liking. If you're willing to adapt, you'll find this a great place to hang out.

Take care,

Lord_Olf

"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
I guess these forums arent for me. The nerd heard is to big here... I get annoyed at people who wave around the rule book at people. Your like those neiborhood watch, wanna-be police men who cant become a cop because they can't meat the physical fitness requirements.

This thread has gone on long enough, why dont you just delete it already? I hate to say it, buy you people with your good spelling and grammar are making me look like an ass...
Patrick_A,Nov 25 2004, 05:34 PM Wrote:I guess these forums arent for me.  The nerd heard is to big here...  I get annoyed at people who wave around the rule book at people.  Your like those neiborhood watch, wanna-be police men who cant become a cop because they can't meat the physical fitness requirements. 

This thread has gone on long enough, why dont you just delete it already?  I hate to say it, buy you people with your good spelling and grammar are making me look like an ass...
[right][snapback]61241[/snapback][/right]

Im saying the Diablo1 and Diablo 2 forums arent for me... You can count on seeing me in the Xbox Live and Halo1 and 2 forums.
Patrick_A,Nov 25 2004, 07:34 PM Wrote:I guess these forums arent for me.  The nerd heard is to big here...  I get annoyed at people who wave around the rule book at people.  Your like those neiborhood watch, wanna-be police men who cant become a cop because they can't meat the physical fitness requirements. 

This thread has gone on long enough, why dont you just delete it already?  I hate to say it, buy you people with your good spelling and grammar are making me look like an ass...
[right][snapback]61241[/snapback][/right]

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and acts like a duck then it is probably a duck.

Either learn to put some effort into posting here at the lounge or get out.
Patrick_A,Nov 25 2004, 11:34 PM Wrote:I guess these forums arent for me BLAH BLAH BLAH WHINE WHINE ALL TOYS OUT OF PRAM[right][snapback]61241[/snapback][/right]

Oh look, there's those fireworks I predicted...
You don't know what you're talking about.
Someone just #$%&ing delete this whole stupid thread. Im actually suprised people are waisting thier time to reply on such a stupid argument. Thank you for those who tried to help me out, your information was useful. I didn't mean to make all this #$%& happen. Some of these people can get pretty mouthy..
*cough*ldf, Tal*cough*
Could some staff member or someone delete the thread please.
Patrick_A,Nov 28 2004, 05:07 PM Wrote:Someone just #$%&ing delete this whole stupid thread.  Im actually suprised people are waisting thier time to reply on such a stupid argument.  Thank you for those who tried to help me out, your information was useful.  I didn't mean to make all this #$%& happen. Some of these people can get pretty mouthy..
*cough*ldf, Tal*cough*
Could some staff member or someone delete the thread please.
[right][snapback]61450[/snapback][/right]

This thread would just have died a natural death if you hadn't replied to it. It was already starting to move down the page. I'm not going to delete this thread. But, if you can't avoid personal attacks in the future, I am going to ban you. In the future, if you want an admin to do you a favor, email or a private message would probably be your best bet.

You keep talking about how much you don't like this forum, but you keep coming back.

Lurkers, I am going to ask the rest of you not to reply to this post. I have a feeling this might be coming from under a bridge.
What a prick...guys, I apologize for standing up for him. I see now I was wrong *being humble*. Don't delete the thread...delete him...

Edit: My bad Griselda, didn't see the last line of your post, sorry again.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Yeah I agree, this guy is a prick.. lol
Thread closed.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete