who knows what i mean?
hello everyone.

perhaps someone here knows what i am only half remembering how to do. i can recall reading about - a sort of easter egg.
with a forum search and casual scan of the jarulfonomicon i found little to support the hazy recollection i have here, but here goes:

just after you create a new character and before learning any spells, there is a way to have an icon unused in the final release
of the game appear in the right-click box. a sort of zero level default spell icon.

perhaps the gimmik involves the speedbook keys, or an un-bound F5 - F9 key.
maybe it even involves tossing a ring on that solitary grave way over by . . . nah, that's not it.

just for kicks, someone please tell me there is some factual root in this dealy. or am i just pulling a grampa simpson on myself.
[Image: hlinready02gt1.gif]
<span style="color:tan">h j u k i<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:goldenrod">amazon basin member
the amazon basin
<span style="color:green">___________________________
I "think" it involves:

Must be the FIRST game in which you've started playing (may have to be the first game since you started your computer last).

Hit "S" (speedbook) at the same time you click on the spell icon space.
Then something funky should appear that does nothing.

Reason it has to be the first game session is so that the "game memory" is blanked out. Otherwise if you were playing with a char that last had, say, fireball selected the game would try to load that (and would either succed or do nothing depending on if you knew fireball). If its you first play of the day then the 'game memory' is blank and is free to screw up and select "(whatever that thing is)"

Hope this helped
thank you for your response grarrrg.

i am about to try that right now.
[Image: hlinready02gt1.gif]
<span style="color:tan">h j u k i<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:goldenrod">amazon basin member
the amazon basin
<span style="color:green">___________________________