Question about Lurker guilds and servers
I'm interested in playing WoW again, but I'd like to play Alliance on a PvP server. Is there a big Lurker presence in any such server?

What's the biggest Lurker presence on any type of server? PvP or PvE, Horde or Alliance?

Also, what are the requirements for joining a Lurker guild? I think I can pass a urine test.
Quote:I'm interested in playing WoW again, but I'd like to play Alliance on a PvP server. Is there a big Lurker presence in any such server?

What's the biggest Lurker presence on any type of server? PvP or PvE, Horde or Alliance?

Also, what are the requirements for joining a Lurker guild? I think I can pass a urine test.

I'll let the Alliance players respond in more detail, but to my knowledge there's not a big Lurker presence on a PvP server. I believe Stormrage still has the biggest Alliance side guild of Lurkers, and it's a "Normal" server.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Hi,

Quote:I'm interested in playing WoW again, but I'd like to play Alliance on a PvP server. Is there a big Lurker presence in any such server?
I don't think so.

Quote:What's the biggest Lurker presence on any type of server? PvP or PvE, Horde or Alliance?
Biggest is PvE, horde, on Terenas. Next is PvE, alliance, on Stormrage.

Quote:Also, what are the requirements for joining a Lurker guild? I think I can pass a urine test.
A pulse. Just join chat channel 'Lurkers' and ask for an invite. Tell them who you are, and you're in.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:A pulse. Just join chat channel 'Lurkers' and ask for an invite. Tell them who you are, and you're in.
Well, I don't know, it is DeeBye. He may want to say he is somebody else, you know, somebody people like. ;)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:Well, I don't know, it is DeeBye. He may want to say he is somebody else, you know, somebody people like. ;)

My name is John Smith and I don't know who this DeeBye person is.

Seriously, is there no Lurker presence on any PvP servers?
Quote:My name is John Smith and I don't know who this DeeBye person is.

There used to be a guild on Tichondrius (PvP server) for horde, but lack of a large population of Lurkers forced the folks there to find other guilds to play with or other servers unfortunately.
Intolerant monkey.
Hi,

Quote:Seriously, is there no Lurker presence on any PvP servers?
Perhaps the question you should be asking is whether there is a good guild you could join on a PvP sever. There are a fair number of people who 'live' in the Lounge and yet generally play in some other guild for whatever reasons. And, since guild membership is by character, not account, there is nothing to stop you from having both Lurker and non-Lurker avatars.

However, I can't help with guild suggestions outside of Lurkers. Sorry.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I'm on The Venture co-EU, which is RP-pvp.:D
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Quote:My name is John Smith and I don't know who this DeeBye person is.

There is some presence on some servers, but usually associated with other sites than necessarily the Lurker Lounge. Quark plays on Mal'Ganis (horde) with the Serious Casual group from elitistjerks.com. There are a number of Lurker/AmazonBasin players playing on Tichondrius (horde) with the Amazon Basin group from theamazonbasin.com. If you are looking for like-minded people, I would suggest checking out the Amazon Basin group on Tichondrius since the AB and the Lurker Lounge have often interacted and get along pretty well.

In case you are interested in giving the Amazon Basin a try, here is a link to the Amazon Basin guild membership process. :)
-TheDragoon

I think you'll find that many Lurkers have had the PVP realm experience and find we don't really care for it. I think many Lurkers fall into the category of being casual in regards to time investment but hard core in terms of game play. We tend to enjoy the harder challenges in the game and that always tends to be more PVE oriented. If we want PVP content we can always hit battlegrounds and not have to deal with the ganking issues.

That being said I started playing Alliance on a PVP server, Bloodscalp, and moved to Terenas.
Melothan - 85 BE Warlock
Melidorn - 80 Orc Shaman

Quote:I think you'll find that many Lurkers have had the PVP realm experience and find we don't really care for it.
Seriously. I leveled to 58 on a PvP server that was quite popular and it was a miserable experience at times. Sure, I had fun with it and enjoyed parts of it, but when I want to log in and get some business done, I don't want to roll the dice of whether some random kid with nothing better to do but mess with me is going to be messing up my night. I'm more of a fan of the PvE experience.

As far as finding a group of Lurkers, your playtime also should be taken into account. I'm pretty much starting to come online as the rest of the Lurkers on Stormrage are going to bed, so finding others to play with or chat with is a little... difficult.
Quote:I think you'll find that many Lurkers have had the PVP realm experience and find we don't really care for it. I think many Lurkers fall into the category of being casual in regards to time investment but hard core in terms of game play. We tend to enjoy the harder challenges in the game and that always tends to be more PVE oriented. If we want PVP content we can always hit battlegrounds and not have to deal with the ganking issues.

That being said I started playing Alliance on a PVP server, Bloodscalp, and moved to Terenas.

...and I played horde on bloodscalp. Bloodscalp is ALL ABOUT world pvp. It's a good server with good progression, and I know an ally in a top guild over there if you were interested in that kind of thing.

I came to PVE because ganking is not my thing.

If you are deadset on playing Ally PVP, Bloodscalp has a LOT of PVP 1st / PVE second minded guilds. They do progress in raiding, but they will definitely be all about world pvp and ganking runs, and city raids.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

If (and it's a big if) you're planning on doing any serious level 80 "progression" activity (raiding or arena) the first question you need to ask is what time people do group activities. Nothing is worse than "growing up" with some people you love, then discovering they start doing stuff an hour before you get off work or an hour before you usually go to bed and you'll never be able to put in the ~3 solid hours you really need to be able to to participate in that kind of activity.

Ignore that if your plans are social, world PvP, altaholic, etc... But it's worth some thought none-the-less.

If you want access to the Terenas forum to see what we're like, just bump Bolty or Mav. But apparently horde and Normal ruleset is not what you're after. You live far enough east that our schedule may not mesh well (we tend to run raids 8-11 server (which is Mountain). WTB 2 time zones for US... West and East, with a 2 hour split in the middle.

As others have mentioned, several of the members on Terenas started on PvP servers. PvP servers tend to be more hardcore about EVERYTHING, including attendance requirements for raids. Keep this in mind, as some may require 9 or 12 hours a week to even be considered as someone who might see a raid.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
If you are looking to play on a PvP server, I would second the recommendation for Tichondrius with the Basin. They absorbed a bunch of the people from the old Lurker guild on that server years ago, and there may be a few left. The Lurker guild does still exist on Tichondrius as well, and the person who has control of it still posts around here, but I can't remember the character name, or forum name off the top of my head.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:If you are looking to play on a PvP server, I would second the recommendation for Tichondrius with the Basin. They absorbed a bunch of the people from the old Lurker guild on that server years ago, and there may be a few left. The Lurker guild does still exist on Tichondrius as well, and the person who has control of it still posts around here, but I can't remember the character name, or forum name off the top of my head.
It had been MongoJerry who was guild leader on Tich, but I don't know if he still is or not.
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:It had been MongoJerry who was guild leader on Tich, but I don't know if he still is or not.

Mongo was in <The Core>, I think, but no one's heard from him in quite some time.

--Mav
Thanks for all the replies. I have to consider this.
Quote:Thanks for all the replies. I have to consider this.

We have better cookies on Stormrage PvE - fyi.
Quote:We have better cookies on Stormrage PvE - fyi.
Terenas has cake.;)
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:Terenas has cake.;)

The cake is not a lie.