Why my darn bear wouldn't eat in RFC
In a group last night with Concilliane and Kadar (Caeser I think) in RFC, my hunter's bear wouldn't eat. He became progressively unhappy and finally ran off--into a group of mobs, getting Concilliane and me killed. Every time I had tried to feed him, my hunter ate the food instead. After leaving RFC I did discover that he would eat bananas or strider meat, but not bread.

At 6:40 this morning I woke up with the solution. I had put the bread on a quickbar so that I wouldn't have to open a bag to feed him. I had figured that due to Murphy's law I would probably get aggro as soon as it was opened. So I put the bread on a quickbar to make feeding fast. But when on a quickbar the toon eats it. Take the bread off the bar and I could feed the bear bread again.

Of course I am sure that everyone else in this forum already knew about this except me. After 1 month I still feel like a noob.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Yup I found this out the first time I tried it , it annoyed me because I was in a group at the time and I was unable to concentrate on playing , instead I was trying to figure out why , a couple of minutes later I realised what was wrong . I hope some sort of fix can/will happen , I know its only a matter of opening a bag , but in this day and age we do tend to get lazy :P
Take care
The best way to deal with this is to write a quick macro. The way I do mine is to have the food (whatever it is) in a particular bag location - say bottom left corner of the first bag. I have a macro that targets the bear (Pooh, in this case) then activates that bag location. Feeds the bear just fine. :)

If you put the food on the bar it looks like it autospecifies the player as the target but the macro on a bar works just fine.