Mining Questions
I have some questions regarding the "Mining" profession:

1.) What are the first areas where you can expect to find some Thorium, and which monster levels can be typically expected there?

2.) In "Mining", there are several stages where you can mine better and better resources, i.e. Truesilver at level 230 and Thorium at 250. Now, which improvements do you see between these stages? Do you see more resources in a wider radius when you advance in Mining, i.e. do you see more Truesilver (and Copper/Tin/Iron/Mithril/Silver/Gold) at level 235, 240 or 245?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Mar 19 2005, 07:20 AM Wrote:1.) What are the first areas where you can expect to find some Thorium, and which monster levels can be typically expected there?
[right][snapback]71204[/snapback][/right]
Tanaris and Hinterlands will likely bet the first areas that you run into this ore on the Small Thorium nodes. These will usually be in the areas that have level 45 and higher mobs around them. The Small Thorium nodes are a little different than what you have run into before. The only yield 1 or 2 hits per node and will only have Thorium and Dense Stone as the materials you can find in them. Their main purpose is to start providing Thorium and Dense Stone earlier and to provide skill ups. The next node type ofter these is the Rich Thorium nodes (sill 275 to mine) and these require an even higher skill than 250 to mine. The Rich Thorium nodes will yield a 1-4 hit node and these nodes will also have a chance of their having gems in them such as Arcane Crystals.

Quote:2.) In "Mining", there are several stages where you can mine better and better resources, i.e. Truesilver at level 230 and Thorium at 250. Now, which improvements do you see between these stages? Do you see more resources in a wider radius when you advance in Mining, i.e. do you see more Truesilver (and Copper/Tin/Iron/Mithril/Silver/Gold) at level 235, 240 or 245?
Your skill does not determine the radius you can see the nodes at, nor does it influence the what types you can see. Even a character that has no mining skill can find the node by direct line of sight view. What the skill does affect is the chance that you will see various gems in the nodes when you mine them. A test done in beta with two characters both mining a node without looting was showing at times that the one with the higher skill would see a gem in the node while the lower skill character would not see that gem.
Ruvanal,Mar 19 2005, 06:47 AM Wrote:What the skill does affect is the chance that you will see various gems in the nodes when you mine them.  A test done in beta with two characters both mining a node without looting was showing at times that the one with the higher skill would see a gem in the node while the lower skill character would not see that gem.
[right][snapback]71208[/snapback][/right]
I was not aware of this. Interesting.
Thanks for the info, Ruvanal.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller