Batman Begins
Doc,Apr 28 2005, 09:05 AM Wrote:And the Wonder Woman? Bats used pheromones to make himself irresistable. She tore him up. She completely exhausted her self chasing after him. And then she was tied up with her own lasso.
[right][snapback]75544[/snapback][/right]

Hmm, Wonder Woman, sweating and panting heavily (a la Linda Carter late 1970's in any of a number of torn, skimpy WW outfits), hair all awry, tied up with her own lasso, eyes big and round in anticipation. Magnificent visual, yes, but blast you, Doc, I am at work.

I had to resort to breathing control exercises (La Maze was good for something, even for a guy) and the mantra of "think of your 1040 form again" to get the pulse down below 100.

You, sir, are evil. :o

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Mmm... Linda Carter. Back in the 70s, I would have been a very bad man just so she would take me over her knee and give me an Amazonian Spanking. When she would run in slow motion or do that jiggly little twist to turn into Wonder Woman, her jiggly bits would bounce in the most enticing way... And when she would lift something or somebody over her head, holding her arms up, she would be pointing to magnetic North with her magnificent mammary glands. Tight!

Who's broad stripes and bright stars...

Damn I feel a rocket's red glare coming on...
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Apr 28 2005, 07:05 AM Wrote:Don't forget, Batman took on the whole Justice League.

He kicked Superman's ass. I mean he tore old Superman a new a-hole. A memorable quote from Superman... "I live in fear of what Bruce may do to me."

He used a machine to give The Flash epileptic fits... The Flash believed that he had spent years kicking around, because he was moving at the speed of light during these fits.

Aquaman. I don't see why Bats bothered, but he implanted hypnotic suggestion that Aquaman was hydrophobic - deathly afraid of the water. Meh.

The Green Lantern was taken out with the clever use of mirrors. 

And the poor Martian Man Hunter had an uncontrolable fit of sneezing induced on him, causing him to randomly change forms and become completely unstable.

And the Wonder Woman? Bats used pheromones to make himself irresistable. She tore him up. She completely exhausted her self chasing after him. And then she was tied up with her own lasso.
[right][snapback]75544[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, but most of DC's heroes are wussy!

It all comes down to who's name is on the cover and whether it's a graphic novel or a series.

My favorite set: Wolverine vs Havoc in the Meltdown graphic novels.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Batman got me through my childhood.

At the risk of exposing my self here... Meh.

When I was a little kid, growing up in the situation that I did, I focused on heros. Three Musketeers, knights, chivalry, honour, heroic men that did good things. But they were always missing something to me. I had my nose in some book far to often. It usually got me beaten with a strap or whatever was handy.

Batman was different. Yeah, he loved justice, honour, and doing the right thing, but he did it for all the wrong reasons. He was dark. His motives were selfish and demanding. His whole life, all of it, revovled around getting revenge. He was bitter. Angry. As a child, I saw an awful lot of my self in him, somehow, if that can be understood. And I wanted to be just like him. I was going to educate my self, and become some dark avenger. I wanted to be feared. Respected. I wanted power. As I grew older, that dream faded.

And now, much older, I realized how much like him I turned out. I educated my self. Rose up above my situation. I was driven by demons that few would ever understand. I dedicated my whole adult life to my cause, forsaking all else. Women, love, everything that's good in the human life. All I could think of was revenge. Instead of making a car and a bat suit, and going out and kicking ass, I went another direction. But with all the same reasons in tow. I spent my whole life in my own selfish pursuit of getting even. I believed that the ends justified the means, and still do. And I would still stoop to any level to do what I feel is the right thing.

It's funny, isn't it, how we can turn out just like our heroes with out once ever meaning to.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Good post Doc.

Batman is The Dark Knight. Movies that remember this are always better than the movies that treat him like a cartoon character just out saving the world. He has his own inner demons that, if portrayed correctly, make him so much more than "just another hero out to save the day." It's also why, despite being one of the coolest comic book characters, The Punisher will never make a good movie. He's just too raw. If you capture that you have a good guy that's worse than any bad guy, which is hard to watch on screen, and if you don't include the raw part of him it just isn't The Punisher.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Why do I suddenly feel like I've walked right into 8-bit Theatre?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
NiteFox,Apr 28 2005, 11:52 AM Wrote:Why do I suddenly feel like I've walked right into 8-bit Theatre?
[right][snapback]75576[/snapback][/right]

Redmage fails to note that, in planning for ever eventuality, Batman surely has plans to counter any negative net result of his defeating Doom.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Mithrandir,Apr 27 2005, 10:25 PM Wrote:Halle Berry and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos are tied for "Hottest Woman on the Planet", and that is impossible to argue sir :)
[right][snapback]75503[/snapback][/right]

At the time when Michelle P was Catwoman, she was hotter than both Halle Berry and Rebecca Romijn put together. Besides, it's not just how someone looks, but how well they fit the role.

So in conclusion, I too will call you a eunuch, sir! ;-)

-A

ps. I agree with you about Val Kilmer though.
Ashock,Apr 28 2005, 04:47 PM Wrote:At the time when Michelle P was Catwoman, she was hotter than both Halle Berry and Rebecca Romijn put together. Besides, it's not just how someone looks, but how well they fit the role.

So in conclusion, I too will call you a eunuch, sir! ;-)
-A
ps. I agree with you about Val Kilmer though.
[right][snapback]75590[/snapback][/right]

Michelle Pfeiffer. Hot. Hot in Batman. Delectable in Lady Hawk. Steamy in Tequila Sunrise. Oh, those cheekbones! Oh, those eyes!

Rebecca RS. Hot. Just hot. Hot. Hot. Lovely and wears body paint well.

Halle Berry. Hot. Sultry. All the right moves and proportions.

OK, can we all agree that one lovely lady being hot does not preclude another being lovely and hot, and another being delicious and gorgeous and another being hot and . . . ya see where I am going here?

Terri Garr was hot in Young Frankenstein. "Thank you Doktor!"

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 28 2005, 04:10 PM Wrote:Rebecca RS.  Hot.  Just hot.  Hot.  Hot.  Lovely and wears body paint well.

Halle Berry.  Hot.  Sultry.  All the right moves and proportions.

OK, can we all agree that one lovely lady being hot does not preclude another being lovely and hot, and another being delicious and gorgeous and another being hot and  . . . ya see where I am going here?

Terri Garr was hot in Young Frankenstein.  "Thank you Doktor!"

Occhi
[right][snapback]75592[/snapback][/right]

Rebecca - does not do anything for me... Good looking of course, but nothing that special. I've dated women that were at least as good looking as her. Her type of looks are a dime a dozen.... IMO.

Halle - very beautiful, just not that hot..... to me.

Terri - cute, not hot...again to me.

Now, Angelina Jolie - FLAMING HOT in anything!

So to summarize:

Terri - $10

Rebecca - $20

Halle - $30

Angelina - PRICELESS.

-A
I must say this man here got one heck of a good taste :ph34r:
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
TaiDaishar,Apr 28 2005, 05:31 PM Wrote:I must say this man here got one heck of a good taste  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]75596[/snapback][/right]

Finally, a fan! Thank you, thank you! :D

-A
1. The trailer's been floating around for at least a few months. I'm afraid the movie will suck. Even Christian Bale's manic/depressive presence ("American Psycho") cannot save this sad attempt at cashing in on the summer teenage audience.

2. Michael Keaton was brilliant in the original Batman. Every attempt since has fallen short.

3. Michelle Pfeiffer :wub: was hotter than Halle Berry or Rebecca Romijn.

Signature? What do you mean?
Any1,Apr 28 2005, 09:07 PM Wrote:1. The trailer's been floating around for at least a few months.
[right][snapback]75602[/snapback][/right]

Not this one. This is the final full-length trailer.

Quote:2. Michael Keaton was brilliant in the original Batman. Every attempt since has fallen short.

Agreed. Michael Keaton was dark and gloomy.

Quote:3. Michelle Pfeiffer :wub: was hotter than Halle Berry or Rebecca Romijn.

Agreed.
[Image: catwoman8wd.jpg]
Ashock,Apr 28 2005, 05:30 PM Wrote:Rebecca - does not do anything for me... Good looking of course, but nothing that special. I've dated women that were at least as good looking as her. Her type of looks are a dime a dozen.... IMO.

Halle - very beautiful, just not that hot..... to me.

Terri - cute, not hot...again to me.

Now, Angelina Jolie - FLAMING HOT in anything!
So to summarize:
Terri - $10

Rebecca - $20

Halle - $30

Angelina - PRICELESS.
-A
[right][snapback]75594[/snapback][/right]

Teri (in her day) $50: sweet and pretty and funny. Still funny, probably still sweet, and a picture you might buy on impulse.
Halle $60: lovely, not sure if she's that great at acting. Good enough, and you want that picture in your house.
Angelina: two bit ho, IMO worthless. Exotic looking, yes! Attention whore, the child of an actor. Good will ambassador to the UN? Spare me the melodrama. She never had a chance to be normal, did she? Nope.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 29 2005, 08:35 AM Wrote:Teri (in her day) $50: sweet and pretty and funny.  Still funny,  probably still sweet, and a picture you might buy on impulse.
Halle $60: lovely, not sure if she's that great at acting.  Good enough, and you want that picture in your house.
Angelina: two bit ho, IMO worthless.  Exotic looking, yes!  Attention whore, the child of an actor.  Good will ambassador to the UN?  Spare me the melodrama.  She never had a chance to be normal, did she?  Nope. 

Occhi
[right][snapback]75659[/snapback][/right]

Don't get me wrong. If I had to pick one of them to meet my parents, it would definately be Terry, and Angelina is definately FUBAR, but as far as pure sex appeal, she is IT on a stick. But, having said that, Michelle P is still my personal all time favorite, overall.

-A
Wyrm,Apr 27 2005, 09:59 PM Wrote:Hmm... I thought George Clooney had the contract for the next 3 Batman films...?  Oh well, whatever.
PLEASE no more George Clooney. He can portray a free-wheeling gambler in Ocean's 11, but he can not come across as a serious brooding haunted crim-fighter.

On a random note, here's some more Batman funnies.
http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20050309.html
http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20050311.html
Rinnhart,Apr 28 2005, 12:13 AM Wrote:More like he just sucks.
:whistling:
[right][snapback]75501[/snapback][/right]

The Saint and Willow would like to have a word with you. :angry:

(not gay for Val Kilmer)
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Elizabeth Hurley, Salma Hayek, and Téa Leoni are all hotties!

Derailing the thread is all part of the corruption, yada yada yada.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Apr 29 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:Elizabeth Hurley, Salma Hayek, and Téa Leoni are all hotties!

Derailing the thread is all part of the corruption, yada yada yada.
[right][snapback]75697[/snapback][/right]

Two out of three aint bad. So, when will they be in a "Jumping Rope while wearing only a wet T-shirt" video?

Occhi
In Memory of Pete