What does allergic mean anyway?
"And what does it have to do with either of my kitties?"

Tonight for the first time since beta I ran into Timmy...well, Woad, my hunter did! Timmy sold us a nice kitty, and we engaged in conversation as I followed him through town.

I suspect Timmy spawns near the Stormwind flower shop, but each time I have met him it has been on the bridge between the Trade District and Old Town. His route from there is on the canals around Old Town, around the Dwarven District, though the center of Cathedral Square. He despawns against the wall when one turns right leaving the Cathedral District.

Nice little kid. I like cat people.

Edit: Don't post while in a last minute bid war at the Auction House.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,May 31 2005, 09:01 AM Wrote:"And what does it have to do with either of my kitties?"

Tonight for the first time since beta I ran into Timmy...well, Woad, my hunter did!  Timmy sold us a nice kitty, and we engaged in conversation as I followed him through town.

I suspect Timmy spawns near the Stormwind flower shop, but each time I have met him it has been on the bridge between the Trade District and Old Town.  His route from there is on the canals around Old Town, around the Dwarven District, though the center of Cathedral Square.  He despawns against the wall when one turns right leaving the Cathedral District.

Nice little kid.  I like cat people.
Edit:  Don't post while in a last minute bid war at the Auction House.
[right][snapback]78972[/snapback][/right]
I bought him from Timmy and then sold him in the Gadgetzan AH for 12 gold early in Nymeria's career. Never made that kind of profit since. On another character I kept him and he was very very cute. He ran like The Flash in kitty form.
I've bought the White Kitten three times now, and usually sell it for 5 gold or so at buyout. I bought one off of another Lurker for Daenary, too. He's a fun find, that one.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
LavCat,May 31 2005, 03:01 AM Wrote:I suspect Timmy spawns near the Stormwind flower shop, but each time I have met him it has been on the bridge between the Trade District and Old Town.  His route from there is on the canals around Old Town, around the Dwarven District, though the center of Cathedral Square.  He despawns against the wall when one turns right leaving the Cathedral District.
[right][snapback]78972[/snapback][/right]

I am afraid you are way off on where he spawns at. The closest he comes to that flower shop is when he turns onto the bridge from the Trade District to Old Town.

I tracked his movements in mid-beta (when Lil'Timmy was still toting an axe on his walk) and was able to get pretty close to where he should be spawning at. I never managed to catch him at the point that he actually spawns at, but due to the timing of when I intercepted and when he spawned then (right after a server crash and reset) it is not hard to deduce where it is that he spawn at. That place is the same spot you see him despawn at.

So for the full route it would be for him to spawn in the Cathedral District next to the cannal seperating the Park and against the citys outer wall. He then walks along the canal to the bridge to the Trade District. After crossing that bridge, he then walks the canal to the bridge over into Old Town and still following the Canal will go over to the Dwarven District and on back to the Cathedral Square area. Once back in the Cathedral area, he walks the canal path till he comes to the arch directly in front of the Cathedral. At which point he turns in and walks across the Cathedral Square central area and out the archway facing towad the Park. Once back at the canal he turns right and walks back the outer wall and despawns.

I have stayed mum on this for some time, but with the ease that hunters have of tracking him (beast tracking and watch for a slow moving White Kitten target) there is not much point in hiding this part. Of course there is the matter of when he is due to spawn and on that point I shall remain mum for now and the foreseeable future.

To Mirajj and Phoenix, I have bought and sold the White Kitten at the Gagetzan Auction House about 6 times in retail (I once had 3 of them in various characters inventory waiting to be resold). The price I can usually get them sell out for is 15 gold, but you have to time correctly when you can get this. The horde is more willing to pay that price since it is rather impractical for them to get the kitten any other way.
Ruvanal Wrote:So for the full route it would be for him to spawn in the Cathedral District next to the cannal seperating the Park and against the citys outer wall.  He then walks along the canal to the bridge to the Trade District.  After crossing that bridge, he then walks the canal to the bridge over into Old Town and still following the Canal will go over to the Dwarven District and on back to the Cathedral Square area.  Once back in the Cathedral area, he walks the canal path till he comes to the arch directly in front of the Cathedral.  At which point he turns in and walks across the Cathedral Square central area and out the archway facing towad the Park.  Once back at the canal he turns right and walks back the outer wall and despawns.

I'm pretty sure this is the route he takes, and his spawn/despawn point. I remember before I ever found him hearing something like this and thinking "He'd be a neat find".

Ruvanal Wrote:I have stayed mum on this for some time, but with the ease that hunters have of tracking him (beast tracking and watch for a slow moving White Kitten target) there is not much point in hiding this part.  Of course there is the matter of when he is due to spawn and on that point I shall remain mum for now and the foreseeable future.

Yes, beast tracking does make it easier. But there are times when I've come running, and it's been someone's pet. Though the very first time I ever saw the white kitten pop up on my tracker I was a bit stunned. I just wanted to see what it looked like, so I trotted over and found I could buy it.

I tend to catch Timmy as he's coming out of the trade district, as I usually see him with tracking after I get off the tram and run a bit.

Ruvanal Wrote:To Mirajj and Phoenix, I have bought and sold the White Kitten at the Gagetzan Auction House about 6 times in retail (I once had 3 of them in various characters inventory waiting to be resold).  The price I can usually get them sell out for is 15 gold, but you have to time correctly when you can get this.  The horde is more willing to pay that price since it is rather impractical for them to get the kitten any other way.

I tried to sell #2 at the Gadg AH, but ended up getting it returned to me as unsold. That was before I understood that the weekend is a better time to try to sell things like that. 15G though...I'm not surprised. I paid a goodly amount of gold at the IF auction house for the Maine Coon cat. ;) Those of us who like our pets, like our pets. *G*
Mirajj,May 31 2005, 05:38 PM Wrote:I paid a goodly amount of gold at the IF auction house for the Maine Coon cat. ;) Those of us who like our pets, like our pets. *G*
[right][snapback]79070[/snapback][/right]

There is a Maine Coon cat in the game?!

*makes not to start a Lurkers membership fee to be able to get it on the AH* ;)
Tal,May 31 2005, 04:55 PM Wrote:There is a Maine Coon cat in the game?!

[right][snapback]79080[/snapback][/right]

Yes, but getting it there is a once in a blue moon sort of thing. I've only ever seen it the once, and I bought it. To get it there is quite a trip. It's a Horde only drop (off some of the lvl35+ Dalaran mobs, IIRC), and it's rare. Then the hordie who finds it has to put it up at the Gadg AH. Some alliance has to buy it, and put it up at the IF AH.

But, if you want to see one Alliance side, just dig up Aranea and she'll be happy to show you...it was a gift to her. ;)
Tal,May 31 2005, 05:55 PM Wrote:There is a Maine Coon cat in the game?!

[right][snapback]79080[/snapback][/right]

There was a Maine Coon for sale on the Gagetzan AH last Sunday for a pricing of 40g/45g buyout.
Ruvanal,May 31 2005, 07:49 PM Wrote:There was a Maine Coon for sale on the Gagetzan AH last Sunday for a pricing of 40g/45g buyout.
[right][snapback]79105[/snapback][/right]

[Image: eeek.gif]

Yikes thats pricey. Well...guess I'll have to skip that then. :(
Mirajj,May 31 2005, 05:38 PM Wrote:I'm pretty sure this is the route he takes, and his spawn/despawn point. I remember before I ever found him hearing something like this and thinking "He'd be a neat find".
[right][snapback]79070[/snapback][/right]
It should be. As I noted in the earlier post, I have managed to catch him when he has had only 5 to 10 seconds from when he spawned (beta server restart). Since the location that I was catching them was just prior to the beggar on canal in the Catherdral Square area (I forget his name), This puts a distinct limit on where he could be starting at. The only place that seems sensible to me is that the developer that made his path, just made it one big loop from start to end.

Quote:Yes, beast tracking does make it easier. But there are times when I've come running, and it's been someone's pet. Though the very first time I ever saw the white kitten pop up on my tracker I was a bit stunned. I just wanted to see what it looked like, so I trotted over and found I could buy it.

Timmy is either walking or stopped due to someone talking to him. And this is always along the path described. Players on the other hand will rarely just stop along that path and usually run everywhere they go. The movement speed presents the easist way to seperate Timmy from a chance encounter with a player having a kitten in tow. If the kitten is standing still anywhere other than that path, you can be pretty sure that it is a player there and not Timmy.
Ruvanal,May 31 2005, 07:16 PM Wrote:Timmy is either walking or stopped due to someone talking to him.  And this is always along the path described.  Players on the other hand will rarely just stop along that path and usually run everywhere they go.  The movement speed presents the easist way to seperate Timmy from a chance encounter with a player having a kitten in tow.  If the kitten is standing still anywhere other than that path, you can be pretty sure that it is a player there and not Timmy.
[right][snapback]79117[/snapback][/right]
I wonder how many hunters I've confused with Pepperi and her white kitten. I frequently stop to type to people and I also have a tendency to walk with her frequently because I like the gnome walk. It makes me giggle. I didn't think about it before I read this thread, but this could be part of the reason why so many hunters stop and "gawk" at Pepperi in Stormwind. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Mirajj,May 31 2005, 05:38 PM Wrote:Yes, beast tracking does make it easier. But there are times when I've come running, and it's been someone's pet. Though the very first time I ever saw the white kitten pop up on my tracker I was a bit stunned. I just wanted to see what it looked like, so I trotted over and found I could buy it.

I tend to catch Timmy as he's coming out of the trade district, as I usually see him with tracking after I get off the tram and run a bit.

Woad is a hunter, but she blundered into Timmy and the kitten on the bridge. Same way she blunders into bears, undead, and humanoids.

In studying up on hunter pets, Woad heard something about a rare water monster that spawns in the canals. Anyone familiar with that? Or is it an urban legend?
LavCat,May 31 2005, 09:48 PM Wrote:In studying up on hunter pets, Woad heard something about a rare water monster that spawns in the canals.  Anyone familiar with that?  Or is it an urban legend?
[right][snapback]79127[/snapback][/right]

It's real. It's a silver dragon alligator style monster that goes by the name "Sewer Beast". It's on an 8 hour timer, and moves around the canals, too. It's killable and tamable, if you desire. As memory serves, it's a lvl 50. You'll pick it up on beast tracking too.

This is completely YMMV, but the couple of times I've seen it, it's been at the far end of the canal between the Dwarven district and the Cathedral district.
Mirajj,Jun 1 2005, 12:00 AM Wrote:It's real. It's a silver dragon alligator style monster that goes by the name "Sewer Beast". It's on an 8 hour timer, and moves around the canals, too. It's killable and tamable, if you desire. As memory serves, it's a lvl 50. You'll pick it up on beast tracking too.

This is completely YMMV, but the couple of times I've seen it, it's been at the far end of the canal between the Dwarven district and the Cathedral district.
[right][snapback]79131[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm he was 55 and a true elite in beta. Chalk it up to another stealth change. :)
Tal,Jun 1 2005, 12:25 AM Wrote:Hmmm he was 55 and a true elite in beta. Chalk it up to another stealth change. :)
[right][snapback]79134[/snapback][/right]

Considering how a fight I had with the Sewer Beast went using Taunshu one time, I suspect the 'change' is more in how its classification as an elite is changed, not its actual stats as far as HP and other factors. At level 48 I had tried to take it on one time. After about 15 seconds of letting loose a nearly full mana bar worth of max DPS firing, I had done only about 5% damage to it while it had shreaded through Orion like he was paper. Any other normal or silver boarder mob of only +2 levels would usually have near dead or dead from that type of onslaught while at best only doing maybe 50% damage to Orion. The way the fight was going was more like I was fighting a mob many levels higher than indicated and with hit points like an elite of that higher level.

P.S. At that point Taunshu just took off swiming for her life to avoid being its next snack.
Mirajj,Jun 1 2005, 12:00 AM Wrote:It's real. It's a silver dragon alligator style monster that goes by the name "Sewer Beast". It's on an 8 hour timer, and moves around the canals, too. It's killable and tamable, if you desire. As memory serves, it's a lvl 50. You'll pick it up on beast tracking too.

[right][snapback]79131[/snapback][/right]

At the risk of further hijacking my own thread, do tamed, named creatures like Sewer Beast retain any special abilities? Tonight Woad tamed Shadowclaw. Shadowclaw has stealth. Will the tamed Shadowclaw ever use that ability?
LavCat,Jun 1 2005, 03:21 AM Wrote:At the risk of further hijacking my own thread, do tamed, named creatures like Sewer Beast retain any special abilities?  Tonight Woad tamed Shadowclaw.  Shadowclaw has stealth.  Will the tamed Shadowclaw ever use that ability?
[right][snapback]79151[/snapback][/right]

They used to, which is why King B was so popular, he came with a lot of resists, nice for the endgame. But that was nerfed a few patches back, because animals retaining any abilities they had as 'wild' animals "wasn't intended". So no, a tamed Shadowclaw will never have stealth, unless some such ability is implemented and granted to pets in a future patch.
Mirajj,Jun 1 2005, 05:41 AM Wrote:They used to, which is why King B was so popular, he came with a lot of resists, nice for the endgame. But that was nerfed a few patches back, because animals retaining any abilities they had as 'wild' animals "wasn't intended".  So no, a tamed Shadowclaw will never have stealth, unless some such ability is implemented and granted to pets in a future patch.
[right][snapback]79155[/snapback][/right]

Sad.

I do note that Shadowclaw runs much faster than any other pet that Woad has tamed: owl, bear, crab. This may just be a property of cats. Or it may be my imagination.
LavCat,Jun 1 2005, 10:11 AM Wrote:Sad.

I do note that Shadowclaw runs much faster than any other pet that Woad has tamed: owl, bear, crab.  This may just be a property of cats.  Or it may be my imagination.
[right][snapback]79190[/snapback][/right]

It's a cat thing. They are nice and speedy. If you really want to see them move, drop a talent point into Bestial Swiftness. ;) Makes them quite speedy.
Each type of beast has an inherent attack speed. Various cats are different. My tauren hunter tamed a savannah patriarch. According to this list it is the third fastest attack at 1.3. There is another group with an attack speed of 1.2 and a single beast listed at 1.0. I don't know if any of these have been affected by the patches, but you might want to take a look. The same page also has other pet abilities listed. Another page, on the same site, lists various skills you can get and the beasts that give them to you when trained.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."