So they don't all suck...
A couple weeks ago, I discovered a bug... did some testing, and concluded that if you have pet abilities that aren't on the pet's button bar, they default to On every time you summon the pet... very very annoying, and can lead to sudden death syndrom if you're not expecting your pet to cast Cower just as you let off that Aimed Shot.

So, being a good customer, wanting to help, I wrote it up. A GM (Haarthek) responded within 15 minutes... I was amazed... I reported what I'd found, and the GM asked me if I had any UI Mods installed, and told me to uninstall them and that'd solve the problem... I was dubious, but I did it, and it didn't... and the GM didn't wait around for me to confirm that, basicly blowing me off.

So, I ran some more tests, with and without the UI mods installed and determined that the bug was NOT connected in any way to the UI mods. It as consistant and reproducable with a clean install with No mods installed or active. Since I had new information, I reopened the ticket, and another GM (Jasfren) responded... I told her/him what I'd done, and the steps I'd taken, and s/he told me that that was working as intended... Working as Intended? Bovine doodoo... S/he also gave me the email address to complain about GMs when I voiced my disbelief in that actually being how it's supposed to work... so, I wrote, detailing all my testing, conclusions and the conduct of the previous two GMs... One blowing me off, and the other lying to me.

Then I got contacted a couple of days later by GM Adicus, and we exchanged several emails... she decided she wanted/needed to see the bug in action, and we hit and missed and finally got together tonight. And, we really got together... she actually manifested. :)

[Image: GMAdicus.jpg]

So I give her the demonstration, and she sees (and says) that there really is something "Not Right" and said she'd take my examples on how to create and see and reproduce the bug and report it.

Made me happy. :)
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
I'm glad they looked into some more. People have been reporting that bug since 1.4 went onto the test servers. Was a huge problem for a lot of hunters that put dash/dive on the bar and took cower off and then had a pet that couldn't hold aggro. So while I'm glad you got to show more proof I'm still not holding my breath on this one getting fixed.

Neat screenshot though. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Good job!

I have found a work around btw. I have to use Smart Pet, and I need to keep Cower on the button bar and deselected. Smart Pet insures that Cower will not be used.

But, there is not enough room for all of the Pet talents, so I have sacrificed Bite for the time being. I always felt that Bite used too much power anyway.

My testing showed that a combination of Growl and Claw was much better at generating Aggro, while Bite gave the most overall Pet DPS. Using Smart Pet controls the Pet's use of claw, so that he will reserve enough power for a Growl if needed. It also allows you to have the Pet automatically disengage, if the mob runs.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Now that I am playing a hunter for the first time since beta, I am terribly interested in such things. However my real question is what cat have you tamed, as she/he has the same coloration as Shadowclaw that my hunter, Woad, tamed yesterday?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,Jun 1 2005, 10:22 AM Wrote:Now that I am playing a hunter for the first time since beta, I am terribly interested in such things.&nbsp; However my real question is what cat have you tamed, as she/he has the same coloration as Shadowclaw that my hunter, Woad, tamed yesterday?
[right][snapback]79191[/snapback][/right]
Muurka is the Nightsaber I tamed at level 10 as soon as I was finished with the level 10 Hunter's pet quest.
[Image: Cat_Sig.jpg]
<span style="color:red">Stormrage:
<span style="color:yellow">Catlyn, Level 61 Night Elf Hunter, 300 Miner, 300 Engineer (Goblin)
<span style="color:red">Teneras:
<span style="color:yellow">Urdum, Level 14 Orc Hunter
kandrathe,Jun 1 2005, 09:00 AM Wrote:It also allows you to have the Pet automatically disengage, if the mob runs.
[right][snapback]79181[/snapback][/right]

Ah, so that's what was happening last night. I was wondering how in the world your cat kept disengaging just at the 'sweet' time, and figured you'd set a macro for it or some such.
~Not all who wander are lost...~