Titan Quest
Hi,

Found this at the AnglesofHell forum, look at the Titan Quest Video, very much like D2 in game play, it's listed as a Action RPG...the web site is not giving much Info, so u will need to Google it :D

Titan Quest Video

Quote:snip
In Titan Quest, players will take an epic journey through such fabled locations as the Parthenon, the maze of Knossos, the Great Pyramids and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. With an arsenal of more than a thousand pieces of unique and legendary equipment, players will have to overcome terrifying monsters and mythical beasts in their quest to save humankind from the Titans. Players can develop their character through a flexible class system and highly customizable skills. Multi-player mode allows players to share their journey through the rich, story-driven campaign.

Titan Quest at IGN

Best guess is that -technically- Q2 2006 ends on June 20th so if they stay on track for a Q2 release, it's going to have to be before then.
snip

IGN Forum

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
King Jim,May 5 2006, 06:33 PM Wrote:Hi,

Found this at the AnglesofHell forum, look at the Titan Quest Video, very much like D2 in game play, it's listed as a Action RPG...the web site is not giving much Info, so u will need to Google it  :D

Titan Quest Video
[right][snapback]109084[/snapback][/right]

Man, thats a cool video! It's indeed have some similar "Diablo series" spells like "Nova" "Fireball" and "Golem" that I have detected.
I personally enjoy the flying around arrows and the Golem coming of the ground!
"All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy!"
Hi,

Titan Quest goes Gold June...yet here is a Demo hmmm...just like Diablo 1 10 years ago :D

Quote:THIS WEEK'S MOST POPULAR DOWNLOADS:

Titan Quest Demo (demo)
Crysis E3 2006 Trailer (movie)
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Demo (demo)
Gothic 3 E3 2006 Trailer (Hi-Res Version) (movie)
Lineage II Chronicle 4: Scions of Destiny Client (client)
Halo 3 E3 2006 Trailer (HD Version) (movie)
Rush for Berlin Demo (demo)

http://www.gamershell.com/download_13703.shtml

Titan Quest Demohome > Download Section > Demo Versions
Size: 494.74MB
Downloads: 36,237 (W: 36,238 - D: 2,966)
Hosted since: May 10, 2006, 1:27 pm
Traffic: 17.1TBytes

Description: The demo features two quests, 3 skill masteries (Warfare, Earth and Hunting) and the characters are capped at level 6
ps: DLing the demo as I type :P

Quote:E3 2006: Titan Quest
E3 hands on with the latest PC offering from THQ and Iron Lore.

May 11, 2006 - For those who can't get enough of the hack 'n slash Diablo-style of gameplay, get ready for Titan Quest. The first offering from Iron Lore Entertainment (founded by Brian Sullivan, co-creator of Age of Empires) Titan Quest looks to dethrone Diablo in terms of straight-up RPG action. What sets this game apart from others in the genre is the introduction of a "Mastery" skill system. More on that in a bit.

IGN:  E3 2006: Titan Quest Preview

Recommended System Requirements

- Windows XP
- 3.0 Ghz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent
- 1 GB RAM
- 5.0 GB or more free hard drive space
- 128 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or ATI Radeon X800 series or equivalent
- DirectX 9.0c compatible or Soundblaster X-Fi sound card
- 8x or faster CD-ROM/DVD drive
- Keyboard, Mouse

ps: OUCH...I hope my ATI 9600XT can handle it !!!

Quote:For optimal performance on low end graphics cards try running the
  game in 800x600 mode with the graphics settings on low.

- Shadows may flicker or produce artifacts on some graphics cards when
  set on the lower settings.  Try increasing the shadow quality to resolve
  these issues.

Quote:Size: 494.74MB

500Mb for a demo? Bugger that.

Quote:128 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or ATI Radeon X800 series or equivalent

Ah well, the 500Mb demo wouldn't run on my 32Mb GeForce 4 then. ;)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Played the demo... it's.. like D2's step-cousin.

I'm not sure if it will be amazing or not, but thanks for the link and the demo itself has at least gotten me to pre-order it. I've been looking for a Diablo-esque game to kill some time with and it certain *feels* like Diablo. It does have some minor issues (terrible inventory management, russian accents from the greeks) but overall it was a lot of fun, and yes, the system requirements are little steep, won't run on my wife's computer.

Good find, Jim.

Regards,
~Frag B)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:Played the demo... it's.. like D2's step-cousin.

I'm not sure if it will be amazing or not, but thanks for the link and the demo itself has at least gotten me to pre-order it. I've been looking for a Diablo-esque game to kill some time with and it certain *feels* like Diablo. It does have some minor issues (terrible inventory management, russian accents from the greeks) but overall it was a lot of fun, and yes, the system requirements are little steep, won't run on my wife's computer.

Good find, Jim.

Regards,
~Frag B)

After playing the Demo, step-cousin sounds, at the same time, a step too far away and a step too close. It's like the branch of Diablo II's family that didn't emigrate from Greece 3 generations ago. Blood relative (kind-of) but with a much different socialization.

Common characteristics:
--Warrior class that can spec to double wield, along with a frenzy type skill that bumps dmg after you hit, as well as a whirlwind skill, and a battle cry analogue
--Fire spec sorceror class that has an enchant skill to add fire dmg to weapons, somthing like a meteor spell (though you can't get to it in the demo)
--First quest to kill the low level special monster in a contained zone right outside the first town (field of evil rather than the den of evil)
--Several others that will make me look like I'm arguing for copyright infringement procedings...

Changes that I like so far:
--Animal monsters (ravenous boars, crows, harpys) have no drops (no keys, no armor, nothing) makes more sense than a quill rat roling over and giving up cracked gothic plate.
--More logical drops, few monsters have gold, drops are primarily the weapon they hit you with (if attacking with a bow, he'll drop a bow, if he slashes you with a sword, he'll drop a sword)
--Magic drops seem to come only from champion type monsters. Two of the side-quest bosses hit pretty hard, and once you kill them, they drop a magic weapon, and sometimes magic armor as well.
--Pick up side-quests from NPC's in the field, don't need to return to town for your reward

I'm not making any purchase decisions yet, but if the price is right, it might be a pick up in the near future.
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
Got it, installed it, played it.

It reminds me more of Dungeon Siege which I played (and the DS2 Demo) than Diablo or D2. In fact, I believe it uses it's engine.

That to me is a huge drawback.

Combat is sluggish. Action is way too fast-paced. I do not mean that it made things too difficult, no. I mean that things just go by too quickly with no time to get engrossed into the game. You just run through and kill things by clicking your mouse all over a mob group. No precision, no real skill involved, just click click click.

I liked it in the first 5 minutes, but got bored of this type of gaming by the time I reached the end of the demo. It is not horrible, just not worth it, IMO.

If the full game is on par with the Demo, I'll give it a 5-6 on a 1-10 scale.

As far as it being Diablo's successor or cousin.... I'd compare it to a semi-retarded half-cousin, Izzy Slapowitz..... well, maybe not as bad, but definately like a Diablo's neighbor's kid.

At least they had a demo, which was thoughtful and saved me $50 and much disappointment.

-A

ok, i downloaded it, and actually it works! most times demos i dl don't work, or i can't get to them because i'm led to a page where i have to buy something from a video game website. ya it's too much like dungeon seige, i started thinking 'am i done yet? i wanna go play d1.' i played the dungeon seige 2 demo, i got tired of the trainer calling me a 'maggot!', i get enough of that from my boss at work, i don't need it at home too. back to titan quest: i don't like the way i can't change the angle of the view, like in WoW. the view is looking down too much. and my warrior blends in too well with the scenery, i can't see him.

i think the only way they can sell a game today is to use the magic word 'diablo' and compair it to that great game. some game magazine did a poll, and the number 2 greatest game of all time was diablo 1. i think 'half-life' was #1. starcraft was 4 or 6! shows how good blizzard is. i wish WoW had the realistic look of this titan quest game. i bought a bastard sword of vampires from griswold.
I downloaded it a while ago and finally installed it.
I got it to start, but none of the button have a meaningful content. They all say tag .... not found. It's kind of hard to start playing when you can't find the start button ...

Has anyone else had this problem?
Just so you guys know, there was already at least one thread about Titan Quest in the Lounge. You might want to check it out.

--me
Quote:Just so you guys know, there was already at least one thread about Titan Quest in the Lounge. You might want to check it out.

--me

I think I might be the only one here that actually bought and is playing Titan Quest, which is a pity. It's actually quite a fun time-waster.
Quote:Hi,

Found this at the AnglesofHell forum, look at the Titan Quest Video, very much like D2 in game play, it's listed as a Action RPG...the web site is not giving much Info, so u will need to Google it :D

Titan Quest Video

O_O that's amazing! really reminds me of Diablo

Titan Quest Video

i just got this demo disk for titan quest in my pc magazine
im gonna check it out

Titan Quest Video
Actually, (Very sorry to burst your bubble, but its the truth) Titan Quest is not Diablo III. Blizzard has unveiled it and it has a site. I don't have a very good first inpression of it, because of the COMPLETELY new engine, but still, Diablo 3 is to be expected either december of this year or early 2009.

Aogon
[font=Comic Sans Ms][size=7]

Aogon(LGT) - Leader of a clan on b.net where the we are tring to revive D1 the way its supposed to be played! ALL YOUR DUPES CANNOT SURVIVE MAKE THEIR TIME. LEGIT clan (LGT)
Hi,

Quote:. . . but still, Diablo 3 is to be expected either december of this year or early 2009.
"Actually, (Very sorry to burst your bubble, but its the truth)" but, being a Blizzard product, it probably won't ship for four or five years.;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:Actually, (Very sorry to burst your bubble, but its the truth) Titan Quest is not Diablo III. Blizzard has unveiled it and it has a site. I don't have a very good first inpression of it, because of the COMPLETELY new engine, but still, Diablo 3 is to be expected either december of this year or early 2009.
Aogon

If you check the post date you will see this was posted more than 2 years ago. It's also pretty clear King Jim didn't ACTUALLY think this game was, in reality, Diablo 3. Also consider that Starcraft 2 still does not have a release date and it was announced over a year ago. This makes Diablo 3 being available by the end of this year or early 2009 extremely unlikely.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Ain't it the truth! I cannot for see it making an end of the year deadline. I couldn't see it being any earlier then this time next year and thats pushing it.

"Actually, (Very sorry to burst your bubble, but its the truth)" but, being a Blizzard product, it probably won't ship for four or five years.;)

--Pete
Quote:If you check the post date you will see this was posted more than 2 years ago. It's also pretty clear King Jim didn't ACTUALLY think this game was, in reality, Diablo 3. Also consider that Starcraft 2 still does not have a release date and it was announced over a year ago. This makes Diablo 3 being available by the end of this year or early 2009 extremely unlikely.
Well i wasnt meaning an actual realease date, lol
[font=Comic Sans Ms][size=7]

Aogon(LGT) - Leader of a clan on b.net where the we are tring to revive D1 the way its supposed to be played! ALL YOUR DUPES CANNOT SURVIVE MAKE THEIR TIME. LEGIT clan (LGT)
Hi,

Quote:Well i wasnt meaning an actual realease date, lol
You said, "Diablo 3 is to be expected either december of this year or early 2009." If that's not a release date, then what the hell is it?

--Pete

PS Blizzard has not announced a release date at this time. Not even a year.

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?