Diablo crashes, why?
Yesterday I started playing Diablo again for over 6 months. I actually remembered that my Diablo CD did not work last time I checked...did now. The first games were just fine.

Later in the evening I started getting error messages like this:
(The message appeared shortly after I entered battle.net, sometimes I even managed to enter a new channel first, sometimes not)

"Diablo

This application has encountered a critical error!

Not enough storage is available to process this command

Program: C:\GAMES\DIABLO\DIABLO.EXE
File P:\Projects\Storm\Storm-SWAR\SNPs\Battle\AD.CPP
Line 235

Press OK to terminate the application"

When I pressed OK, it terminated of course. When it happened twice in a row, I just did not press OK, but clicked on the Diablo window on the background instead. The error message disappeared but the game didn't quite work as intended. The first thing I noticed in chat was that I could not use either of the Enter keys to send a line, I could use the send button though. Furthermore, when trying to create a game, it left me with the regular Diablo bnet interface background and the banner...no way to proceed or go back, had to do End Task.

When rebooting my PC I sometimes would get away without the error message, most often - not.

Any ideas what to do would be appreciated.
-Cytrex
Hey. First let me tell you that I'm not sure what to do about this. Let me add however, that it has just begun happening to me too (The same error message too). I can't say exactly what the problem is, but I'm thinking I may try reinstaling the game (one of the many error boxes sugested it). I think the error has something to do with the game handling battle.net, as I have never had the problem when playing via modem.

Anyone else have anything on this? Anyone else having this problem?
Just to let you know you are not alone, I also began getting this same message every now and then when trying to log onto battlenet and I, too, have no clue why. It has only started happening within the last week and generally restarting the game "fixes" the problem.
Don't reinstall, delete your characters, or anything else. It is obvious it has something to do with b.net servers so they will have to be the ones to straighten it out. There's nothing that can be done, so just wait it out.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Yes, this is also happening to my starcraft, I've crashed like 4 times in a row, twice. It has things to do with bnet so just wait it out. I went to the forum at battle.net and they don't have information how to fix it, but many many other people are having these errors.
Thanks guys, got similar responses on another forum too. Also quietman said that there are rumors that Blizzard is testing a new patch, so that might be the source of the problem.
-Cytrex
...or, at least, what is evidently becoming popular belief, "testing a new patch" would in no way affect your client program, at least for non-Diablo II clients. Diablo II is the ONLY Blizzard game to employ a server-side architecture. All other games are strictly peer-to-peer; Battle.Net just acts as a bridge between the clients, and as a central hub (hence the chatrooms). The ONLY way for an upcoming patch, for ANY game (barring D2), to affect you is if it forced you to download one. Which, of course, you WOULD be prompted for.

A more accurate estimation would be that they are working on the Battle.Net server architecture / code, and it is in turn causing problems for clients attempting to connect / play games. It has nothing to do with the end client, but rather the Battle.Net servers.

I do not know if you follow Diablo II news, but Diablo II's 1.10 patch is supposed to introduce some changes to Battle.Net, particularly in the form of anti-cheat measures. In conjunction with this, they may be altering the Battle.Net code and/or server architecture (more likely the former, as I doubt hardware changes have anything to do with these problems). This is not counting the added Battle.Net features of the upcoming Warcraft III expansion: namely, Tournaments. It could be any number of these, or it could be something else entirely. I surely can't say. These are just guesses as to possible reasons behind the cropping of errors. However, as has been said, it is completely a Battle.Net issue, and as such, you'll just have to wait it out.

Curiously, I wonder if Diablo II is affected by this...
Roland *The Gunslinger*
At first I thought it may've been from the mod we were screwing around with yesterday. But then it happened on Starcraft; that ruled my theory right out. So far its only happened upon entering/exiting games. If co-op partners abruptly go missing, I guess we'll just have to blame it on this.

Now, why can't they put up a server msg on login that tells people, "If you crash with the following error message, "MSG", *don't worry*. It's just buggy new Bnet code."

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
I've had this problem too. After recently re-instaling Diablo, I thought "awwww not again"
At least I'm not the only one experiencing this - like that's a good thing, hah!
Anyway, i only get the error while I'm in a channel, never while actually in the middle of a game. Some of you get it while actually playing the game???
Quote:I've had this problem too. After recently re-instaling Diablo, I thought "awwww not again"
At least I'm not the only one experiencing this - like that's a good thing, hah!
Anyway, i only get the error while I'm in a channel, never while actually in the middle of a game. Some of you get it while actually playing the game???
I just really dont know what causing all this crap. I'm not having problems like this, and i play B.Net Regularly (which means all the time). I think i recall having this problem before, and it got so bad i started seeing BSOD's Regularly. After re-installing Windows XP, and re-installing Diablo, I never got problems like this again. Maybe re-installing everything is the solution?
[font=Comic Sans Ms][size=7]

Aogon(LGT) - Leader of a clan on b.net where the we are tring to revive D1 the way its supposed to be played! ALL YOUR DUPES CANNOT SURVIVE MAKE THEIR TIME. LEGIT clan (LGT)
Quote:I just really dont know what causing all this crap. I'm not having problems like this, and i play B.Net Regularly (which means all the time). I think i recall having this problem before, and it got so bad i started seeing BSOD's Regularly. After re-installing Windows XP, and re-installing Diablo, I never got problems like this again. Maybe re-installing everything is the solution?

Please check the dates on posts before replying to them. Its been five years since it was posted.