That first Diablo Mulitplayer Ironman win?
Back when the DSF sponsored by Blizzard still existed, I remember someone there posting an online solo Ironman win by a Warrior. Can't remember if his name was Corwin or Corbin or something similar along those lines.

Also, I don't remember if the person said he used "self-res" to win his game. Was there an in-depth writeup somewhere? Does a link still exist, or did someone copy it somewhere? Could you post it if you have it?

Finally, anyone know the year Corwin(?) supposedly did this feat?

Thanks

Attika

His DSF handle was Corwin. The only remaining mentions of him that I can find are that he is credited in Bolty's high level warrior guide and mentioned in my Barbarian King story. I think the year would be 1998. He proved to DSF that both Ironman and the King quest were winnable. His clever strategy of starting the King quest from level 13 and eventually working backwards instead of starting on level 1 has been followed by most if not all Kings. I do think that he used self-res once or twice in the IM game (obviously this was quite a while before The Forge existed), and left a few advocates unkilled in the King quest, but his achievements seemed amazing at the time nevertheless. The information was only posted on DSF as far as I know... not sure if anyone has archives of these posts.
Nystul,Jul 5 2005, 08:54 AM Wrote:His clever strategy of starting the King quest from level 13 and eventually working backwards instead of starting on level 1 has been followed by most if not all Kings.  [right][snapback]82431[/snapback][/right]

What is a King quest??
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Jarulf,Jul 5 2005, 03:38 AM Wrote:What is a King quest??
[right][snapback]82432[/snapback][/right]

A Barbarian (BAR) is a variant warrior who never: touches shrines, casts spells (including scrolls), uses magical items, or gets repairs from Griswold. You can find a copy of Lok's rules including quests here: http://realmsbeyond.net/diablo/vbarbarians.html

The King quest is the trial to achieve the ultimate title for a Barbarian. To become a King, the Barbarian must completely clear all 16 levels without returning to town. I can think of 5 people who have done this, although there may be others.
Quote:A Barbarian (BAR) is a variant warrior who never: touches shrines, casts spells (including scrolls), uses magical items, or gets repairs from Griswold. You can find a copy of Lok's rules including quests here: http://realmsbeyond.net/diablo/vbarbarians.html

The King quest is the trial to achieve the ultimate title for a Barbarian. To become a King, the Barbarian must completely clear all 16 levels without returning to town. I can think of 5 people who have done this, although there may be others.
I did it once
although someone rendered the char file useless, when they hacked him up. into tiny tiny pieces.
[font=Comic Sans Ms][size=7]

Aogon(LGT) - Leader of a clan on b.net where the we are tring to revive D1 the way its supposed to be played! ALL YOUR DUPES CANNOT SURVIVE MAKE THEIR TIME. LEGIT clan (LGT)