Find your copy
Arethor,Jul 9 2005, 10:24 PM Wrote:The funny thing... I came up with all these names off the top of my head... wonder how some people came up wtih the same names.  Atleast a few are still unique :-)
[right][snapback]82954[/snapback][/right]

Amusingly enough, the names off your list who appear the most seem to have something in common. They sound suspiciously like what I've heard of ancient Akkadian and Sumerian. Pretty much the best example is Galgamesh, which is one "i" away from Gilgamesh, a sumerian or akkadian (I can never remember) hero. There's some bizarre prototype of Noah's Ark in his story. "Yuriel" also sounds very much like something in Hebrew which I can't put my finger on.

Maybe you're channeling the spirits of dead civilizations :ph34r:.
Arethor,Jul 9 2005, 01:24 PM Wrote:The funny thing... I came up with all these names off the top of my head... wonder how some people came up wtih the same names.  Atleast a few are still unique :-)
[right][snapback]82954[/snapback][/right]
It's been pretty well established that the 'randomize' function that generates a name will pull names used on other servers.
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Gurnsey,Jul 10 2005, 02:31 AM Wrote:It's been pretty well established that the 'randomize' function that generates a name will pull names used on other servers.
[right][snapback]82961[/snapback][/right]

But then, that would mean the names should be more even distributed. Considering many only appear once, while others appear multiple times (disregarding that some names are more common when existing in other games, worlds and so on) that indicate to me it is at least in part about people actually having picked themthemselves.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
31 Raelynn's (It's old info but at that time I was tied as the highest at 52)
3 Gutzmek's
1 Statlor
1 Markuun

2 Unique names...Not too bad :)
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
There are 11 Grakthuls, one of which is higher than me. I feel... betrayed by the random name generator... a bit.

And more annoyed by the fact that I created the name to sound specifically barabaric and troll-ish (and silly), one of those is a Tauren and one is a Dwarf. 3 (including me) are Trolls, and the other 6 are Orcs.

Also interesting to note 4 are warriors (like myself), 4 are hunters, and there's a mage and a priest to round out the bunch.

I found it interesting that the other members of my trio, Cumberbuns and Ahmitan, were the only of their namesake. Of course, their name sources were 'silly misspelling of cumberbund (sp?)' and 'sounds like automaton' respectively...
Men fear death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children, is increased with tales, so is the other.

"Of Death" Sir Francis Bacon
The hell? There's a second Walkiry in EU-Cho'gall! Damn frenchies...

OTOH, only one Waldrada, me.
Found one other Quendari apart from myself.

The name comes from an old favourite but somewhat uncommon sci-fi book, but it sounded vaguely elvish.
Onyxia:
Kichebo - 85 NE Druid

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Glad to say that I'm.... unique.

There's only one "Saxycoo." However, Considering that the last time that the crawler says that it saw me was nearly 20 days ago, and I'm 2.5 levels beyond where it last found me.

*sniff* -_- Guess I'm not as popular as you guys....

SaxyCorp