Find your copy
I was just looking at one of those "census" sites and although nothing special really, it also hade the ability to track characters by simply entering the name. For fun, I enterd my own name "Jarulf", and it turned out there was a Jarulf on no less than 11 servers (the site have EU and US only). Similary, there was a "Bolty" on 8 servers.

Any point in this? No, just fun :)

Here is a direct link to the character history page: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charhistory.php
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
I have both of you beaten: Laz appears 88 times!

Nah, Laz and Bolty are fairly obvious choices. Jarulf x11 is surprising though. Seems like you are still a legend. :)

There is an enormous amount of Izuals, Lachdanans, Hadriels, Madawcs, Colenzos and Zakarums out there as well, but only 15 Tremains, 10 Akarats, 10 Sankekurs [including a warlock and shaman, but not including a paladin!], 3 Yaerius'es, 2 Talsandes and no Cinadides. People like to steal names, but only the most obvious ones.
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Heh, there is one Ruvanal out there; a tauren druid. Little does the player know who that is really getting named after (a high elf fighter-MU in a game played about 20 years ago).

On other points there are 54 Littledude's. Some of which are not gnomes including a troll and a orc in the mix. In some cases there are 2 Littledude's on the same server, one on each alliance and horde side. So the naming restriction seems to be one of the name per faction and server, not just once per server.

Also found 50 Shadrack's (named for greedy grey elf-shade MU-Thief from a game I played).
There is only one other Mirajj, a Gnome Rogue on Durotar, and I'm also the only Daenary. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Jarulf,Jul 8 2005, 03:50 AM Wrote:I was just looking at one of those "census" sites and although nothing special really, it also hade the ability to track characters by simply entering the name. For fun, I enterd my own name "Jarulf", and it turned out there was a Jarulf on no less than 11 servers (the site have EU and US only). Similary, there was a "Bolty" on 8 servers.

Any point in this? No, just fun :)

Here is a direct link to the character history page: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charhistory.php
[right][snapback]82810[/snapback][/right]

Apparently there are 3 other Miodvitnirs, one of them being a friend of mine.
I was not surprised to see that most of my names were unique. Only one Gnolack, Taranna, Marntruehorn, Gnoldran, Krashenk, Kitrala and several others. There were a few Gnolans, a lot of Balador's and a few Flitz's. There were some others that had one or two shared names. I was a bit surprised to see 2 other Vankikth's (2 undead priests to go with my undead mage) and one other Takishidu a troll priest, like mine. :)

However the shocker for me was I am not the only Evilbenny! There is a Tauren shamen on Cenarion Circle that shares that name, but my Evilbenny is older. :) Of course since I got that name from the random name generator I should not be surpised.

Though pretty much all of the ones that share my uncommon names are newer characters than mine so I do wonder about the random name generator playing a part. :) But when you get your names by typing semi random stuff and seeing if it is pleasing to the eye for that char, you expect many of them to be unique.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Turns out that 'Hit' is not a beautiful and unique snowflake. :(
Ha! Checked the name I used for my char based off my fiancee and her char, and no one but us has it!

Long live Emjly.
4 Hykims, 7 Pavises, and 10 Mostals. All the rest seem to be unique. The vast majority of Mostals out there are dwarves, so Runequest lore is still alive and kicking somewhere. :)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
There are, not suprisingly, 37 Roanes (Celtic folklore is alive and well too apparently, or else people can't spell something else). 2 of them are mine. I actually have another couple that aren't listed there because they're just name placeholders and haven't actually ever been in the game.

There are 71 Starsongs and only one is mine. ;) That's not suprising either.

For Hiro, I got an error that there were more than 100 so I needed to refine my search.

The least common of my names was Karasi, for which only six were listed (none of which are mine), followed close behind by Ayita, for which there are only nine (which is including mine). That's a little surprising since those are both "real" names found on baby naming or traditional-names-of-a-culture sites.

Additionally: There are 74 Charitys including a 60 priest on Stormrage. Should have thought to grab up that when we were starting up too! Ah well. ;)
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Bun-Bun,Jul 8 2005, 07: Wrote:4 Hykims, 7 Pavises, and 10 Mostals. All the rest seem to be unique. The vast majority of Mostals out there are dwarves, so Runequest lore is still alive and kicking somewhere. :)
[right][snapback]82836[/snapback][/right]

86 Lissa's :blink:
but only 1 Tahapenes... ;)
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I am the one and only Flyndar! :)

There is one other Galreth, a poser for sure.

Aryn and Zane Windorn(e) are also uniques.

Not surprisingly Minimagi has been used many times though...

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
Hmmm... There are 25 Lochnars. :( I am the only one that is capped though. :) All my alts are unique, with the exception of 2 Lochlaunchers.

[edit] D'oh! The second Lochlauncher is my hunter on Terenas! :wacko:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Well, there's over 100 Darians, but I was the first unless some OTHER Darian was on the system within 20 minutes of retail launch... <cough> However, I was the second one to cap. Some rogue on Kil'Jaeden beat me by about four days. :(

15 Shiarras
8 Muets (5 of them on EU servers, which makes sense)
39 Cecilys
Only 2 Thaelors!
3 Aelandras (but I'm the only one on an NA server!)
4 Caerdwyns

...but there's only one Twintrees, and only one Malhouf. Whee!
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Only 3 Durambars, of which I am the first. I'm actually a bit surprised, as it is an invented name of my own. It was made using two flavors of Tolkien elvish. Dúr (Sindarin, meaning: dark, ) and ambar (Quenyan, meaning: fate). I couldn't make the "ú" in game, sadly. I suppose a couple of other people thought the same. I am the original, and also the only in North America!

I think there is a Curunir for every realm in the game, it being one of Saruman's many names...
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
I found:

75 Fafners
25 Woads
18 Fortrans (two of which are mine)
15 Roqueforts
15 Fasolts
13 Baguettes
3 Oothoons

But only one Tribade, Henthreery, Lavcat!

Fafner is not feeling all that special even though this morning she turned 60.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Interesting site. Makes you wonder who was running the mod that spotted you. Big brother is waching. :ph34r:
Sir_Die_alot,Jul 8 2005, 10:06 PM Wrote:Interesting site. Makes you wonder who was running the mod that spotted you. Big brother is waching. :ph34r:
[right][snapback]82917[/snapback][/right]

I've run their census mod a couple of times though not in the last few months. Some of that data is from me. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Of my toons, only Manawyddan and Trixsie had "twins".
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

11 Arethors although I'm the only capped
15 Galgamesh
1 Zanewindborn (as Flyn said)
1 Lazarum
7 Elreths
3 Lithrials (although there should be 4 since my 2nd Lithrial wasn't listed)
25 Yuriels
3 Bordanns (although there should be 4 since my 2nd Bordann wasn't listed)
6 Sylathors
2 Tarduuns (Both me)
6 Morthals
1 Urkthar
45 Archmagus
5 Jubars
1 Greezar
9 Yureks
Still only 1 Taarnal (RIP)

The funny thing... I came up with all these names off the top of my head... wonder how some people came up wtih the same names. Atleast a few are still unique :-)
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)