SR: Magmadar: Dead.
Pesmerga,Aug 16 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:Like I said, blame Garrin.  He moved to NH from PA, and when I visited him for 2 weeks, I came back with "wicked".

It's like a virus or something...
[right][snapback]86196[/snapback][/right]

You must build up your WR (Wicked Resistance) gear. Nothing short of 300 is acceptable. And don't be afraid of sacrificing stats, it's that important.
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
Insert debate here about how 170+ wicked resistance should infact be enough for the casters.

Besides! Don't they make absorb potions for that? Wait a second... mark doesn't stack with wicked resistance aura!??!? And wicked protection buff cancels out both of them and actually lowers your resistance!? Hmm. MAybe there's a mob somewhere in game that we can use to get a wtfpwn buff to increase our resistances by some insane amount so we don't have to sacrifice stats as much.
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
NotSoDarklord,Aug 16 2005, 11:32 AM Wrote:Insert debate here about how 170+ wicked resistance should infact be enough for the casters.

Besides!  Don't they make absorb potions for that?  Wait a second... mark doesn't stack with wicked resistance aura!??!? And wicked protection buff cancels out both of them and actually lowers your resistance!?  Hmm.  MAybe there's a mob somewhere in game that we can use to get a wtfpwn buff to increase our resistances by some insane amount so we don't have to sacrifice stats as much.
[right][snapback]86201[/snapback][/right]

LOL :lol:

Edit: Ok, so I admit I'm a bit bored at the moment. I'll try to stop making a million small posts now...
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
Darian,Aug 16 2005, 10:17 AM Wrote:Well, when I made this post, I was feeling great about having finally accomplished something.

Not so much anymore.  Yay for phat lewtz drama.
[right][snapback]86170[/snapback][/right]
I'm happy, proud and satisfied with our progress!!!

::: Putting on the hat of someone who has gone on every MC foray (except the last Saturday one) and not gotten anything yet, and had only one thing drop that I could roll on :::

IMHO, MC and Onyxia are new to us (we have 3 tranq shots now). So why get impatient? We probably couldn't have moved any more quickly past Magmadar until we had the tools. And, between our allied guilds there are seemingly by far more Hunters than other classes. I think the love will come, but we just need to keep dating.

Also, for those chaffing for some drops, when MC is not locked (or even when it is) we could still gather 15-20 of us and farm trash mobs on the off days.

Here is a list of the purple set stuff that drops pretty regularly from the trash mobs we've already been fighting before Lucifron.

Arcanist Belt (Mage)
Arcanist Bindings (Mage)

Cenarion Belt (Druid)
Cenarion Bracers (Druid)

Felheart Belt (Warlock)
Felheart Bracers(Warlock)

Gianstalker Bracers (Hunter)
Giantstalker Belt (Hunter)

Lawbringer Belt (Paladin)
Lawbringer Bracers(Paladin)

Nightslayer Belt (Rogue)
Nightslayer Bracers (Rogue)

Girdle of Prophecy(Priest)
Vambraces of Prophecy (Priest)

Bracers of Might (Warrior)
Belt of Might (Warrior)

And by a good chance, I mean 1 to 3% per mob we kill. Seems worth killing 50 some trash mobs to get someone a set piece. I'd jump on some raid runs for a chance at those two Giantstalker pieces.

If you look in the Guilded channel you will see that on most evenings there are 20-35 people on. I would suggest setting a time limit of not more than 2 hours, so that people don't get *burned out* on MC. :) :: Pun intended :: If all we do is take down 5-10 mobs, it's still a 10-15% chance that someone will get something.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Congrats on killing Magmadar! Always nice to add a new boss to the hit list.

I feel your pain on the loot distribution. People are happy to go for the experience - until the bosses (and items) start dropping. Then you have the two sides of the equation:

"Hey, I've been half a dozen raids learning to kill this boss. Why should my chance to win an item be no better than someone showing up for the first time?"

"Hey, I have a real life that prevents me from attending every raid. Will I always lose to hardcore raiders in a non-random points system?"

It looks the Amazon Basin discussed this to the Nth degree. The "Basin Points System" they adopted looks pretty much like DKP to me, even if they don't call it by that name.

The proposal that seems to have the most support in our guild is a weighted roll system that would award bonuses to participation, resetting after you win an item. Of course then you have to get your partner guilds on board with whatever system you choose...

Hope you find a solution that works for everybody.

Chris
I apologize again for all the unhappy stuff that diluted this thread. I have started a new thread like I should have. Please take everything but congrats over here: http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...topic=6488
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I'm going to toss a thought out there that has occurred to me in the past. Feel free to disregard, because I doubt it will be popular.

Guild mergers. As the majority of the player base in all our various guilds reaches 60 & enters the end-game content, drama like this (as minor as it may be in this case) isn't going to decrease. If a DKP system is implemented, more drama will undoubtedly ensue as it will be difficult to track things across guilds, not to mention the fact that it's 10 times easier to organize things when drawing from a single guild. Avarice really helps, but it's pretty much a stepping stone to a unified guild in and of itself.

Now honestly, I'm not sure I would be happy with a huge merger, but I wouldn't be at all suprised if it happens in a few months out of necessity as people get frustrated & burnt out trying to organize things across guilds.

Oh, and congrats. :)
RTM,Aug 16 2005, 12:12 PM Wrote:Guild mergers. As the majority of the player base in all our various guilds reaches 60 & enters the end-game content, drama like this (as minor as it may be in this case) isn't going to decrease. If a DKP system is implemented, more drama will undoubtedly ensue as it will be difficult to track things across guilds, not to mention the fact that it's 10 times easier to organize things when drawing from a single guild. Avarice really helps, but it's pretty much a stepping stone to a unified guild in and of itself.
[right][snapback]86213[/snapback][/right]

While I understand the suggestion (the reason Contra Malum is no more), I don't think it is really important. All Guilds really are is a collection of like minded people with a cool tabard. Guilded allows us to have many guild tabards AND a collection of like minded people. I realize not everyone uses it, but I think it's been very helpful for those of us looking to getting into these high end zones.

The guilded add-on allows us to keep our guilds individuality, while allowing us to pull from a large number of people on a daily basis (I remember my early raiding days how hard [read: impossible] it was to pull just a lurker raid group. Now, I can pester CA, HH, and so forth to come give a hand)

::shrugs:: my two cents... even though it got me nowhere.
The only thing I ever wanted from our raids was the blood to get me to Onyxia. When my first chance to roll for it came, I sent up a little prayer and won it. I wanted that blood so that I could keep playing with all of you regularly and continue in my quest to put the lie to Nini when he wrote that The Lurkers would never raid in Molten Core.

Sure I want La Mage to have nice things, but I'm quite content to know that her day will come. I remember when the discussion of never being able to raid end game content was the drama of the day. Now it's who gets the loot from regular high end raids and when. I call that progress.

I do think that working out a loot system now is a good idea. If nothing else, it will put an end to threads such as this in the future.

Finally I am sooo sorry that I wasn't there last night. I'd had a dental extraction and had to do the 20 minutes on 20 minutes off ice pack thang. Not conducive to having both hands free for gaming.

GRATS to Squad Avarice and Friends for the Mag bring down.

[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
mjdoom,Aug 16 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:There was definitely a bunch of server lag last night.  We ran into it in both MC and BWL.  Quite possible that this contributed to your problems.  But why are you not a god that can beat server lag; seriously, I expected more from you GG! :P  :lol:

And in light of the strange nature of this thread I'd like to say gratz again.

- mjdoom
[right][snapback]86197[/snapback][/right]

*hangs head in shame*

I know I know! Server lag should be nothing for the gnome of doom. I could make up excuses since I'm good at that but I just don't have one! The little Gnome was bested by the server and network connections. Personally I think NSD had something to do with it in his jealous rage of not getting enough quality time with the gnome but that is just a working theory right now. :)

Thanks for the gratz. It really was quite a fun and special moment and the discussion here does not dimish that in the least.

It also means that Thursday gets to show me even more new things in Molten Core and that is really very cool.
---
Gnollguy,Aug 16 2005, 02:41 PM Wrote:Personally I think NSD had something to do with it in his jealous rage of not getting enough quality time with the gnome but that is just a working theory right now.  :)[right][snapback]86249[/snapback][/right]

Pfft. NSD is only jealous of phat lewtz. He can't bear the thought that some of us have Gauntlets of Might and he doesn't.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Aug 16 2005, 01:44 PM Wrote:Pfft.  NSD is only jealous of phat lewtz.  He can't bear the thought that some of us have Gauntlets of Might and he doesn't.
[right][snapback]86250[/snapback][/right]

That just points more strongly to it be NSD then. :)
---
Ghennas was dropped last night to much jubilation on our 3rd try.
Congratulations! That's a fantastic accomplishment.