SR: Magmadar: Dead.
Well, when I made this post, I was feeling great about having finally accomplished something.

Not so much anymore. Yay for phat lewtz drama.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Aug 16 2005, 11:17 AM Wrote:Well, when I made this post, I was feeling great about having finally accomplished something.

Not so much anymore.  Yay for phat lewtz drama.
[right][snapback]86170[/snapback][/right]

Statements retracted then.
Darian,Aug 16 2005, 10:17 AM Wrote:Well, when I made this post, I was feeling great about having finally accomplished something.

Not so much anymore.  Yay for phat lewtz drama.
[right][snapback]86170[/snapback][/right]

I'm sorry I've mentioned to Treesh several times that I feel bad for destroying the thread and I really should have started a different one. But I did have whispers from several people about loots and it did get me concerned enough to want to get it out into the open since it wasn't something that I figured would get solved on an individual basis.

So you can blame GG for your daily downer. :(

But I think you are right, even though you weren't trying to make a point, I think there is more drama than substance to this whole issue.

So my apologies. I can't undo what I did and I wouldn't want to (I would just want to move the discussion elsewhere) but I will apologize for hijacking a happy thread.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
First off, Gratz! Soon we'll be running through the entire Core, like it's the Deadmines. ;)

But, this is tough to read on several levels. I'd wanted to be there when you guys dropped Magmadar. But I had to accept when I started raiding high end stuff that with the lockouts and whatnot that I'd not get to do some of the stuff. So I accept that. Yay for slaving for the man. I need to find a job that doesn't conflict with my playing schedule. ;)

As to loot...I don't really know where to stand on that. I like loot, but accept that (like Quark) I'm permastuck on the low end of Blizz's dice. Hell, in playing Mirajj for over a month of playtime...I've only seen 2 world blues drop. *Shrug* The RNG doesn't like me. Life goes on, and I'm still having fun. The only way I ever seem to win anything is if it's uncontested...or I can't use it. I've won a core leather and a lava core in MC...neither I've any use for, so they were passed on to folk who could use them. I'm much rather see something used than sold. I guess that's why I'm so hot after the BS set. It's one I can actually see myself completing sometime. It's a shame that MC doesn't drop more, really. As well as Onyxia. I do admit that it'd be much nicer to come 'home' with something other than repairs and costs. Though I'm sure I'm far from the only person who feels that. I'd be willing to wager we all feel like that at times, though I'm glad I'm not a tank with their repair bills. ;) They probably feel it more than most.

But...as someone else pointed out in the thread, they started winning because everyone else had all the stuff...that's a long wait, with the drop rates what they are. If we must institute a "system" I do kinda like the "1 purple per raid instance/lockout" idea, though. Seems to keep things pretty fair, still. Though that might get interesting, as Luci only seems to like dropping Might stuff. ;) We'd have to look at it for when/if we do farming runs, though.

Ah, well. I do enjoy raiding MC and Onyxia when I can get there. Loot or lootless, I'll likely be around for some time. It's a grand fight, and fun to be allowed to actually pull stuff, like the Hunter is supposed to. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
QUICK! Positive posts!

[Image: anin.gif]
omgwtfbbq! Hamster Danz!
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Alrin,Aug 16 2005, 10:37 AM Wrote:QUICK! Positive posts!

omgwtfbbq! Hamster Danz!
[right][snapback]86176[/snapback][/right]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They actually made a second one of those, save me!

*Goes running away screaming with his hands in the air*
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
Alrin,Aug 16 2005, 10:37 AM Wrote:QUICK! Positive posts!

omgwtfbbq! Hamster Danz!
[right][snapback]86176[/snapback][/right]

I don't think that qualifies as positive.... look... the hamsters are attacking mjdoom...

::watches as the hamsters ravage mjdoom::

Not good, not good at all.

:P
Pesmerga,Aug 16 2005, 04:56 PM Wrote:I don't think that qualifies as positive.... look... the hamsters are attacking mjdoom...

::watches as the hamsters ravage mjdoom::

Not good, not good at all.

:P
[right][snapback]86182[/snapback][/right]

Ok, fine.
I'll give you positive ! :)

Happy enough for you? ;)
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Mirajj,Aug 16 2005, 10:35 AM Wrote:As to loot...I don't really know where to stand on that. [right][snapback]86175[/snapback][/right]

I didn't really want to dip my oars into a loot discussion but I figure I'll say my piece and get out...

The first thing I'd like to point out is that if you look at this thread there are only 16 pieces of loot listed. I would personally add Onyxia's Head to that list and remove the Kris to leave a list of 16 epics. Of that loot there has not been a single piece appropriate to rogues (other than turning in Ony's head, Quark is bringing his luck to the entire class :() and with the exception of warriors no other class has gotten a lot. These numbers suggest that it is to be expected that not everyone will have gotten something (impossible even) and especially with a maleable roster not everyone can receive loot. As time goes on this will even out and you have to have some sort of patience.

As far as the method of loot distribution I don't want to say much about that. I have personally decided that Flyndar will not roll on any loot unless everyone else has it. He is not available to help you guys on a consistent basis and if Might will actually drop in MC some day (this past week was our best in a while) Galreth will get to push my feeder bar. The one fiery core that Flyn received a few weeks back has been passed on to be used by another character in order to help aid the advancement of the whole Avarice crew.

Because of the fluid nature of people in the raids it is a simple fact that people with loot may filter in and out of the raid group. From my perspective I see little way to remedy this situation. One thing to note though is that any piece of loot that goes to a solid member of the group is not only helping that character, but the group as a whole. Be proud of your accomplishments and know that every piece of loot that drops makes the alliance that much stronger and brings you one step closer to conquering the next obstacle.

Nothing can beat the rush of taking down a raid level boss for the first time. Enjoy that rush and know that as a whole the group grows stronger with each success.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
Alrin,Aug 16 2005, 11:00 AM Wrote:Ok, fine.

Happy enough for you? ;)
[right][snapback]86183[/snapback][/right]

That is pretty happy... It's got "happy" in the title and everything!
Alrin,Aug 16 2005, 11:00 AM Wrote:Ok, fine.

Happy enough for you? ;)
[right][snapback]86183[/snapback][/right]

Oh my! I clicked on the first one and now I'm disturbed.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs in the other direction*
Stormrage:
mjdoom,Aug 16 2005, 11:01 AM Wrote:Nothing can beat the rush of taking down a raid level boss for the first time.  Enjoy that rush and know that as a whole the group grows stronger with each success.

- mjdoom
[right][snapback]86184[/snapback][/right]

Yep! And I missed the first Mag kill! D'oh! Damn the Man! *L* In my case, it'll end up being a lot of "first kill for me"s, I think. I'm still having fun, and watching us get better with every run. Plus, we get to hang out with everyone. ;) I mean...we do often see each other in Guilded, but there isn't much where we can actually play together. So...many fun things.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
mjdoom,Aug 16 2005, 09:07 AM Wrote:Oh my!  I clicked on the first one and now I'm disturbed.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*runs in the other direction*
[right][snapback]86186[/snapback][/right]
Now we know that Alrin must be a Warlock at heart. He's chain-feared mjdoom...
-TheDragoon
TheDragoon,Aug 16 2005, 11:11 AM Wrote:Now we know that Alrin must be a Warlock at heart.  He's chain-feared mjdoom...
[right][snapback]86188[/snapback][/right]

That's it; nerf warlocks!

Hamsters Rank 2 and Tree Friends Rank 1 are way too powerful.
Stormrage:
Mirajj,Aug 16 2005, 11:10 AM Wrote:Yep! And I missed the first Mag kill! D'oh! Damn the Man! *L* In my case, it'll end up being a lot of "first kill for me"s, I think. I'm still having fun, and watching us get better with every run. Plus, we get to hang out with everyone. ;) I mean...we do often see each other in Guilded, but there isn't much where we can actually play together. So...many fun things.
[right][snapback]86187[/snapback][/right]

I missed it too. But I'm wicked proud of everyone involved ::blames Garrin for the use of the world "wicked"::
Pesmerga,Aug 16 2005, 11:13 AM Wrote:I missed it too.  But I'm wicked proud of everyone involved ::blames Garrin for the use of the world "wicked"::
[right][snapback]86190[/snapback][/right]

Oh my; people pushing all of my buttons... please don't use wicked!

*curses moving to Massachusetts for school solely on the basis of the fact that he's had to deal with the almighty "wicked" for the last 6 years of his life*
Stormrage:
I feel wicked sorry for you Flyn!
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
NotSoDarklord,Aug 16 2005, 11:16 AM Wrote:I feel wicked sorry for you Flyn!
[right][snapback]86192[/snapback][/right]

This is why we all love NSD!

/hug
/rude
/run away

Stormrage:
mjdoom,Aug 16 2005, 11:15 AM Wrote:Oh my; people pushing all of my buttons... please don't use wicked!

*curses moving to Massachusetts for school solely on the basis of the fact that he's had to deal with the almighty "wicked" for the last 6 years of his life*
[right][snapback]86191[/snapback][/right]

Like I said, blame Garrin. He moved to NH from PA, and when I visited him for 2 weeks, I came back with "wicked".

It's like a virus or something...
Gnollguy,Aug 16 2005, 09:48 AM Wrote:There was a lot of server lag going on (general chat proved that) and we all noticed it in there as well, so it still could have been some kind of lag condition, but even if that is the case it makes stance dancing even less reliable and is something that needs to be considered.

[right][snapback]86168[/snapback][/right]

There was definitely a bunch of server lag last night. We ran into it in both MC and BWL. Quite possible that this contributed to your problems. But why are you not a god that can beat server lag; seriously, I expected more from you GG! :P :lol:

And in light of the strange nature of this thread I'd like to say gratz again.

- mjdoom
Stormrage: