Questions about fishing
MongoJerry,Aug 18 2005, 01:30 PM Wrote:the clammette surprise (+12 stamina and spirit), salmon (6 health regenerated every 5 seconds), and nightfin soup (restores 8 mana every 5 seconds)

Clamlette surprise: not cookable, you only get some as a cooking quest reward. You can make Monster Omelettes, Spider Sausage, and Tender Wolf Steaks that give the same bonus, however.

The highest fish food +sta bonus seems to be +10, from cooking large raw mightfish into mightfish steaks.

Sunscale salmon, nightfin snapper: fishable from the Verdantis River in the middle of Feralas, which also happens to be one of the spots you need to fish for a rare fish for the fishing skill quest. The ratio of each you catch will depend on whether it's daytime or ngiht. The nightfin snappers' mana regen can add up over long fights, yes... The effect lasts 10 minutes so that's 960 mana over 10 minutes. Worth it? That's about a greater mana potion's worth.

I don't tend to stock these particular items - they're not that easy to stock. I do stock tender wolf
steaks.

Also, I'm sure you already know about these, but runn tum tuber surprises can add 10 int for 10 minutes, and both Blessed Sunfruit Juice (Argent Dawn honored) and bottled Alterac Spring water (AV friendly) give you +10 spirit for 10 minutes. I don't know if the spirit buffs will stack with the priest divine spirit buff. They should, shouldn't they?
Fishing... I'm working on capping that out, but I just want to note a few interesting tidbits I've learned as I leveled it up.

1) It's very true that you can level it to 300 anywhere. I just got 8 skill in 30 min fishing in the Wailing Caverns instance.

2) Fishing's most useful trick, besides alchemy ingrediants, is that it makes a quick way to level cooking. It also gives you materials for Alchemy (good if you need that), materials for buff food (only at very high levels, which I just reached at 54), and above all else, materials for Savory Deviate Delight!

3) Fishing should ideally be leveled in a zone that gets you stuff you need. Since first and foremost fishing exists to level cooking, Catching a lot of Brilliant Sunfish, then Longjaw Mud Snappers, then Bristle Whisker Catfish is the first order of the. The Rockscale Cod and Spotted Yellowtail can be taken care of later, when you actually are high enough level to skill cooking off them

4) It's quite easy to skill in places that are way too dangerous for you. You can fish Azshara at level 1. Go to the Northwest entrance of Ogrimmar (sorry, Alliance) and jump in the river. You can do this at the east border of Ashenvale too. Deserted rivers are a great place to fish if you don't want to be bothered by annoying monsters or players, and want to catch things you have absolutely no business in obtaining.

5) Catching stuff above your level is all well and good, but what matters most is catching stuff you can use. Besides the afforementioned materials for skilling cooking (80+ of each type of fish mentioned, can be obtained right in your home city), Oily Blackmouth for your Alchemists is a beautiful thing. You might also snag Firefin Snapper, which sells for a decent price. Stonescale Eel, which I've caught 1 of, comes in handy at very high level ALchemy, so that's what I'm looking to catch on the path to 300, along with the ever useful 'Buff Fish,' Nightfin Snapper and Sunscale Salmon. You might also consider just catching a lot of Deviate Fish for loads of Savory Deviate Delight to astonish your friends.

6) Fishing in an instance is the safest and least annoying way to level. You can't be bothered while in an instance.

7) Bring a book. ;)
Men fear death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children, is increased with tales, so is the other.

"Of Death" Sir Francis Bacon
Tuftears,Aug 18 2005, 02:42 PM Wrote:both Blessed Sunfruit Juice (Argent Dawn honored) and bottled Alterac Spring water (AV friendly) give you +10 spirit for 10 minutes.  I don't know if the spirit buffs will stack with the priest divine spirit buff.  They should, shouldn't they?

They not only stack with Divine Spirit, but they also stack with each other, giving you an extra +20 spirit for 10 minutes.
MongoJerry,Aug 19 2005, 03:16 PM Wrote:They not only stack with Divine Spirit, but they also stack with each other, giving you an extra +20 spirit for 10 minutes.
[right][snapback]86703[/snapback][/right]
It would be nice if the crystals from Un'Goro that give you the 30 minute spirit buff would stack with divine spirit too, but they don't. Divine Spirit overrides it and if you try to use the crystals with Divine Spirit up, it gives you the "a more powerful spell is already active".
Intolerant monkey.
Jarulf,Aug 18 2005, 09:43 AM Wrote:I was wondering if anyone know of a place, or by themselves, regarding areas of fishing, what one can get were and so on. What I would really like to find is the following.

For each area: a list of each fishing water (seems to me that each pond, river, sea, other water area within a map is its own distinct and different place, with different loot and so on)

For each fishing water: the level to be able to fish at all, the level were one no longer have any "fish got away"

For each fishing water:  what one can get and ideally, the frequency of each (like fish A 17% of the time)

Anyting else of interest for fishing?
[right][snapback]86469[/snapback][/right]

This is the FAQ currently maintained by the WoW community on fishing.

http://wow.toshimo.com/viewtopic.php?t=272
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-