Maximum Mount Speed in%?
I assume that the current maximum mount speed in WOW is: 200% elite mount + 3% carot + 7% spurs = 210%. Is that correct, or is there a cap at 200%?

Slightly OT: What do you think of the idea to have flight mounts in the expansion, i.e. your personal gryphon, for hero classes?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Don't forget the Riding Skill enchant (3% aswell methinks).
nobbie,Sep 1 2005, 06:17 AM Wrote:Slightly OT: What do you think of the idea to have flight mounts in the expansion, i.e. your personal gryphon, for hero classes?
[right][snapback]87904[/snapback][/right]

Really, really, really unlikely to ever happen. Blizzard has enough problems keeping the players out of zones they don't want just walking/riding. Adding massive collision walls in the air is a big time sink that could be better used on other things.

There have been quite a few blue posts on the subject as well. Were it not for the horrible blizzard search, I'd link a few.
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
My impression, without any facts or authortative references, is that the carrot, spurs, and gloves add up to 10%. It should be relativly trivial to test if there is a cap, however I'm too poor to do it.
nobbie,Sep 1 2005, 02:17 PM Wrote:I assume that the current maximum mount speed in WOW is: 200% elite mount + 3% carot + 7% spurs = 210%. Is that correct, or is there a cap at 200%?

Slightly OT: What do you think of the idea to have flight mounts in the expansion, i.e. your personal gryphon, for hero classes?
[right][snapback]87904[/snapback][/right]

It's 200 (epic mount) * 1.04 (4% increase from spurs) * 1.03 (3% increase from carrot trinket) * 1.02 (2% increase from gloves enchant) = 218.5%

The multiplication is used because all speed buffs and debuffs that DO stack seem to work by multiplication rather then addition (think speed debuffs - 50% speed reduction from Hamstring will slow an epic mount down to 100% from 200% riding speed, not to 150%). And yes, all of the above enchants do stack.

Edit: How did I come up with above numbers for enchants?

http://www.thottbot.com/?f=s&e=Apply%20Aur...0Speed%20Always
lemekim,Sep 1 2005, 08:39 AM Wrote:The multiplication is used because all speed buffs and debuffs that DO stack seem to work by multiplication rather then addition (think speed debuffs - 50% speed reduction from Hamstring will slow an epic mount down to 100% from 200% riding speed, not to 150%). And yes, all of the above enchants do stack.

Are you sure about this? This is the first time I've heard of it being multiplicative rather than additive. I think the debuffs example is a poor example, because having wing clipping a guy who's hamstrung doesn't slow the person any more.
MongoJerry,Sep 1 2005, 01:07 PM Wrote:Are you sure about this?  This is the first time I've heard of it being multiplicative rather than additive.  I think the debuffs example is a poor example, because having wing clipping a guy who's hamstrung doesn't slow the person any more.
[right][snapback]87921[/snapback][/right]
I think this deserves some testing with MonkeySpeed from someone who owns an epic mount.

Wink wink :)
The error occurred on line -1.
TheLuminaire,Sep 1 2005, 09:27 AM Wrote:Really, really, really unlikely to ever happen.  Blizzard has enough problems keeping the players out of zones they don't want just walking/riding.  Adding massive collision walls in the air is a big time sink that could be better used on other things.

There have been quite a few blue posts on the subject as well.  Were it not for the horrible blizzard search, I'd link a few.
[right][snapback]87912[/snapback][/right]

I think it'd be more a question of HOW to implement it.

What if there was an epic Gryphon, 100% increase, that would run along and the only "flight" would be gliding akin to slowfall or a parachute cloak?
See you in Town,
-Z