The Lurker Lounge Forums
Maximum Mount Speed in%? - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: World of Warcraft (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Maximum Mount Speed in%? (/thread-5748.html)

Maximum Mount Speed in%? - nobbie - 09-01-2005

I assume that the current maximum mount speed in WOW is: 200% elite mount + 3% carot + 7% spurs = 210%. Is that correct, or is there a cap at 200%?

Slightly OT: What do you think of the idea to have flight mounts in the expansion, i.e. your personal gryphon, for hero classes?

Maximum Mount Speed in%? - TotoGuy - 09-01-2005

Don't forget the Riding Skill enchant (3% aswell methinks).

Maximum Mount Speed in%? - TheLuminaire - 09-01-2005

nobbie,Sep 1 2005, 06:17 AM Wrote:Slightly OT: What do you think of the idea to have flight mounts in the expansion, i.e. your personal gryphon, for hero classes?
[right][snapback]87904[/snapback][/right]

Really, really, really unlikely to ever happen. Blizzard has enough problems keeping the players out of zones they don't want just walking/riding. Adding massive collision walls in the air is a big time sink that could be better used on other things.

There have been quite a few blue posts on the subject as well. Were it not for the horrible blizzard search, I'd link a few.

Maximum Mount Speed in%? - oldmandennis - 09-01-2005

My impression, without any facts or authortative references, is that the carrot, spurs, and gloves add up to 10%. It should be relativly trivial to test if there is a cap, however I'm too poor to do it.

Maximum Mount Speed in%? - lemekim - 09-01-2005

nobbie,Sep 1 2005, 02:17 PM Wrote:I assume that the current maximum mount speed in WOW is: 200% elite mount + 3% carot + 7% spurs = 210%. Is that correct, or is there a cap at 200%?

Slightly OT: What do you think of the idea to have flight mounts in the expansion, i.e. your personal gryphon, for hero classes?
[right][snapback]87904[/snapback][/right]

It's 200 (epic mount) * 1.04 (4% increase from spurs) * 1.03 (3% increase from carrot trinket) * 1.02 (2% increase from gloves enchant) = 218.5%

The multiplication is used because all speed buffs and debuffs that DO stack seem to work by multiplication rather then addition (think speed debuffs - 50% speed reduction from Hamstring will slow an epic mount down to 100% from 200% riding speed, not to 150%). And yes, all of the above enchants do stack.

Edit: How did I come up with above numbers for enchants?

http://www.thottbot.com/?f=s&e=Apply%20Aur...0Speed%20Always

Maximum Mount Speed in%? - MongoJerry - 09-01-2005

lemekim,Sep 1 2005, 08:39 AM Wrote:The multiplication is used because all speed buffs and debuffs that DO stack seem to work by multiplication rather then addition (think speed debuffs - 50% speed reduction from Hamstring will slow an epic mount down to 100% from 200% riding speed, not to 150%). And yes, all of the above enchants do stack.

Are you sure about this? This is the first time I've heard of it being multiplicative rather than additive. I think the debuffs example is a poor example, because having wing clipping a guy who's hamstrung doesn't slow the person any more.

Maximum Mount Speed in%? - Zippyy - 09-01-2005

MongoJerry,Sep 1 2005, 01:07 PM Wrote:Are you sure about this?  This is the first time I've heard of it being multiplicative rather than additive.  I think the debuffs example is a poor example, because having wing clipping a guy who's hamstrung doesn't slow the person any more.
[right][snapback]87921[/snapback][/right]
I think this deserves some testing with MonkeySpeed from someone who owns an epic mount.

Wink wink :)

Maximum Mount Speed in%? - Zarathustra - 09-01-2005

TheLuminaire,Sep 1 2005, 09:27 AM Wrote:Really, really, really unlikely to ever happen.  Blizzard has enough problems keeping the players out of zones they don't want just walking/riding.  Adding massive collision walls in the air is a big time sink that could be better used on other things.

There have been quite a few blue posts on the subject as well.  Were it not for the horrible blizzard search, I'd link a few.
[right][snapback]87912[/snapback][/right]

I think it'd be more a question of HOW to implement it.

What if there was an epic Gryphon, 100% increase, that would run along and the only "flight" would be gliding akin to slowfall or a parachute cloak?