Is Diablo worth of buying?
For what its worth, if you can get D1 go for it!

The first time you face the Butcher <Panic>

And the Tomes of Evil: "When my Dark Lord awoke from his long sleep He spoke to me of the Great War between the High Heavens and the Burning Pits of Hell..."
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
It's nice to know what happened before diablo 2, and what better way to find out than to experience yourself? Diablo is very addicting, you really should try it!
I think every diablo-fan should've at least completed this game once, try it! You will not regret buying this game!
Well the place I got my copy of Diablo was http://www.shockingprice.com it's only 2 dollars and 3 bucks for shipping making it 5 dollars, the version I got was 1.08 and the game was new, not a scratch on it. It came it a black cd sleeve with just the disk, but for only 5 bucks what do you expect? Anyway, that's the best deal for a new copy of diablo 1 that I know of. Happy hunting if you don't take this deal, and hope to see you on battle.net, I'm Ariel88 on battle.net, see you later.
Chaostheory,Oct 4 2005, 11:53 AM Wrote:I have been reading forums about the original diablo.
As i have gotten a little bit bored to Diablo2:LoD i thought about buying the original verison. Building extreme charbuilds in D2:LoD was my way of having fun in that game. Now that i have build most of them, i haven't really got any interest in the game. So i thought it might be fun to play the original diablo.
My only experiences in diablo are from years ago (about 6 or so <_< ), so i need lurkers to refresh my mind about good and bad things in the game.

I need you to put your opinion about this subject:
Is Diablo worth of buying?

I know diablo can't really cost a lot, it is a very old game. But i may have some trouble finding it... So the question goes really like this:
Is Diablo worth of finding?

thx all for answering
[right][snapback]91019[/snapback][/right]
Yes it is worth it. Enjoy.

When you first istall it, make sure you download the latest patch from Blizzard before playing. A few annoying problems are resolved.

Occhidiangela
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
the Langolier,Oct 11 2005, 08:08 AM Wrote:Hellfire is solely worth it for the three new character classes though.&nbsp; Each have some very interesting abilities that add so many options to the original dungeons.&nbsp; Bards can weild two weapons whose attributes are virtually added together.&nbsp; Two bastard swords = 12-30 base dmg, King's x 2 = +200% to-hit and +350% damage to the combined base damage.&nbsp; Now think: haste+vampires, CC+haste, hasted emerald king's sword of the heavens, etc.&nbsp; Very fun.&nbsp; IMO, each class needs some work, actually, but exactly how are you supposed to do that without the game in the first place?
[right][snapback]91603[/snapback][/right]

The Bard is slighly to similar to the rogue as it is. There was some changes to be made to her to make her a bit more unique, nothing much but still, unfortunately it did not make it in time for the patch.

Also, if you liked those new chars, you would have loved the idea of the hidden sorcerer that would have gone into a 1.02 patch, a blood wizzard, using his own life to cast spells, but with an inherent ability to steal both life and mana. Of course, he could not use potions and was meant not to be balanced to the others, but as a challenge...to bad he ended up as mostly an idea though. :)

I agree with what others have said about the new levels by the way. In part, the reason was the tight time constrictions for the christmas release. The emtyness of the Crypt levels (compared to the church) was mostly due to no time to add in all that extra filling. Sad, but true.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
money is not an issue with buying diablo. I got my copy for $2 new, then a second copy with the Diablo2 battle chest. The game is fun and challenging, but it is no Diablo 2. You only have 4 character classes with skills and spells made very different from diablo's sequal. And playing online in diablo is even more dangerous than D2. There is no protection from the hackers of the world, and being legit and not crashing a few times is nearly impossible. But overall the game is still enjoyable, i've been playing it for longer than i can remember.
I've one more difference to add that makes me like D1 better than D2, it's the items and especially then, the number of affixes.
this is important in two ways, first the number of affixes is relatively small, which makes it possible to go out and search for a particular affix, and after about 20 games you'll know most of the affixes by name, look at it as a sort of feast of recognition. I think the number of magical effects in D2 is way too large, i don't know what i'd want to have for a character since there is way too much to chose from, and as such very little (okay, a smaller) chance too actually find it.
Second because all magical items are simply blue and basic items until you id them, every bastard sword can be the one you're searching for, every ring you find in the dungeon can be the one you wanted. In D2 you leave more and more items lying around because you dont need the blues if you already got yellow ones.

(okay there are several mlvl issues which make sure what is possible to drop, but still any ring in dlvl 13 and deeper could be a real good one)
Characters: Standard Diablo Rogues: 'Paardenpoep' l36, 'Purechocolade' l31; Sorcerers 'Toverkol' l40, 'Zwarte Piet' l32, 'ZureHaring' l28 (no fb), Warrior 'Klotebeest' l29, LoL characters: rogues 'Roggebrood' l26 and 'Ironvrouw' l7, sorcerer ToverLol l20, warrior LolleBolleGijs l16 ironman character name 'Ironlady', read Toverlol's journey log
Toverkol,Feb 28 2006, 06:26 AM Wrote:I've one more difference to add that makes me like D1 better than D2, it's the items and especially then, the number of affixes.
this is important in two ways, first the number of affixes is relatively small, which makes it possible to go out and search for a particular affix, and after about 20 games you'll know most of the affixes by name, look at it as a sort of feast of recognition. I think the number of magical effects in D2 is way too large, i don't know what i'd want to have for a character since there is way too much to chose from, and as such very little (okay, a smaller) chance too actually find it.
Second because all magical items are simply blue and basic items until you id them, every bastard sword can be the one you're searching for, every ring you find in the dungeon can be the one you wanted. In D2 you leave more and more items lying around because you dont need the blues if you already got yellow ones.
[right][snapback]103147[/snapback][/right]

You hit the nail on the head IMO. The items were perfect in D1, esp. regarding "of the leech" affixes. I personally enjoyed how most Uniques had "special" properties you couldn't find on any magical items, however always had some sinister affix causing you to weigh out the benefits from the drawbacks. D1 was vastly superior with its item context.

While jewels and sockets in D2 were an alright idea - I'm not too keen on them myself - I do NOT like Runes at all! They completly changed the game making it more of an item hunting contest. Runes are a great idea all of their own, but should be in a seperate game completly IMO.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin