10 7 05
[Image: mystery1.jpg]

When you surf the Battle.net website, you'll now see a logo labeled "10 7 05". Since Americans have the month before the day in their dates, I'm wondering if there is a new game announcement today (October 7, 2005). Is it the WOW Expansion (because the logo has the Undead skull)? Does anybody know more?

UPDATE from Blizzard:

Quote:You will have to wait until tomorrow to find out. :) Keep in mind it is showing images from all of our main franchises on the Battle.net page. I'll leave the detective work from there, up to you.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Oct 7 2005, 09:39 AM Wrote:[Image: mystery1.jpg]

When you surf the Battle.net website, you'll now see a logo labeled "10 7 05". Since Americans have the month before the day in their dates, I'm wondering if there is a new game announcement today (October 7, 2005). Is it the WOW Expansion (because the logo has the Undead skull)? Does anybody know more?

UPDATE from Blizzard:
[right][snapback]91316[/snapback][/right]

My guess is a tournament at Blizzcon.
nobbie,Oct 7 2005, 02:39 PM Wrote:[Image: mystery1.jpg]

UPDATE from Blizzard:
[right][snapback]91316[/snapback][/right]

Quote:  More Details. On October 7, we’ll be launching the new Season Three website and revealing the dates of the other qualification periods, sponsors, prizes, formats of the tournament, details about the LAN finals, and more!

http://www.battle.net/war3/tournaments/season3.shtml
Edit: one image looked like a Zerg eye.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Oct 7 2005, 06:10 AM Wrote:Edit: one image looked like a Zerg eye.
[right][snapback]91319[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I spy a hydralisk eye.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
The front page of http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/ talks about players being able to play the expansion for WoW at the Blizzcon. Since the game hasn't been officially announced I would guess they are going to do it now.
If you turn the ".999" in the picture upside down, you get "666" which is the number of the anti-christ. So, the new game is without a doubt "Diablo 3"!!! :P
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
The .999_=1 is only coming up rarely for me and in conjunction with the undead eye. The Diablo "eye" has only come up once.

I'm almost tempted to say that, from those limited observations, it is something related to a Diablo3.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
nobbie,Oct 7 2005, 10:34 AM Wrote:If you turn the ".999" in the picture upside down, you get "666" which is the number of the anti-christ. So, the new game is without a doubt "Diablo 3"!!! :P
[right][snapback]91328[/snapback][/right]

.999_ = 1 is a b.net thing because flame wars arose over that constantly (and still do) on the forums. You're looking too deep. Besides that 666 isn't the right number in the first place.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Oct 7 2005, 03:17 PM Wrote:.999_ = 1 is a b.net thing because flame wars arose over that constantly (and still do) on the forums.  You're looking too deep.  Besides that 666 isn't the right number in the first place.
[right][snapback]91336[/snapback][/right]
That was a joke ;)
Seems like there is shots from all of their franchises, so it could be anything. The tournaments idea seems likely, but there was a Diablo image or two in there as well. Not sure how you'd tournament a Diablo game.
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
TheLuminaire,Oct 7 2005, 12:11 PM Wrote:  Not sure how you'd tournament a Diablo game.
[right][snapback]91341[/snapback][/right]

ironman tournaments where popular in d2
TheLuminaire,Oct 7 2005, 09:11 AM Wrote:Seems like there is shots from all of their franchises, so it could be anything.  The tournaments idea seems likely, but there was a Diablo image or two in there as well.  Not sure how you'd tournament a Diablo game.
[right][snapback]91341[/snapback][/right]
The ladder for Diablo was based on who leveled the fastest.