Weirdest thing you've seen in WoW
Hope they get well soon Raven Vale and that the current health problems recede with time
kandrathe,Oct 5 2005, 05:05 PM Wrote:Also, more difficult since BC is out in the middle of the zone, up on a hill, and easily accessible from the road.  Strategically, there is no easy way to defend the raid when you could get ambushed from any side, and from within the house.  The BC event is a challenge for an organized 20 person raid, toss in half a dozen well played passing Horde and it's a wipe.  Taking down Demetria seems easier, but I haven't done it.
[right][snapback]91158[/snapback][/right]

Demetria can be five-manned if you want to exploit a flaw in the AI of her bodyguards. You can have a mage zip in, AE everyone, have the tank rip Demetria off the mage, and have the mage kite the bodyguards far, far away from Demetria. Obviously, the mage WILL die, and will likely be too far from Demetria to get quest credit, so it's best if the mage has done the quest beforehand.

If you don't exploit the AI flaw, she's quite possibly HARDER than Nathanos because of Nathanos' ability to call in reinforcements, after a fashion :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
People in the raid told me Rend's done this before, but it's the first time I've ever seen him yell woot! :blink:
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
I've had a fun Windrider glitch a while back where I actually got to experience a flying mount of a sort for bit- I was attempting to fly from Arathi to Kargath (horde) when the game spazzed out and I ended up on a Windrider, but I could run around.

Needless to say, I soon discovered I was immune to agro, and had a permanent slow fall effect. The downside was that I moved in a spazmatic 2 forward one back jerking motion to compensate for the Windrider's speed, and turning functioned in much the same way. After a minute or two I got used to it.

So what did I do with my newfound invulnerability? I did what any right-thinking PvP server player would do - show his guildies (a 30something was in Arathi) and then harass the Alliance.

I 'flew' into Refuge Point and gathered a circle of people going 'Uden'. I got bored with that in a bit and decided to set my sights on a bigger target...

After about 10 minutes, I was able to haul myself into Southshore. I went through the typical small war once, but I'm not too clear whether they saw it - the glitch and the lag got really bad at this point.

Eventually, I ended up in the river - that crashed the game.

When I logged on, I was somewhere below Hillsbrad, and I flew back to Hammerfall, where I landed, a few silver poorer and many laughs richer.

The only other interesting happening was when I fell through Ogrimmar one time - under it was a bit of desert reminiscent of oldschool Mechwarrior 2 in its flatness with occasional jagged vertical walls. It was quite neat.
Men fear death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children, is increased with tales, so is the other.

"Of Death" Sir Francis Bacon
Artega,Oct 8 2005, 11:38 AM Wrote:People in the raid told me Rend's done this before, but it's the first time I've ever seen him yell woot!  :blink:
[right][snapback]91399[/snapback][/right]

If you pay attention to Madokir in Z'G when he yells Ding!, the other bosses alive in the zone will chime in with 'Grats!.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Oct 8 2005, 11:26 PM Wrote:If you pay attention to Madokir in Z'G when he yells Ding!, the other bosses alive in the zone will chime in with 'Grats!.
[right][snapback]91432[/snapback][/right]
That is HYSTERICAL!!! :P
Artega,Oct 8 2005, 01:38 PM Wrote:People in the raid told me Rend's done this before, but it's the first time I've ever seen him yell woot!  :blink:
[right][snapback]91399[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I about fell out of my chair laughing when he started this one night.
--Mav
Well, I think the weirdest thing I ever saw in WoW happened today.

After having seen a movie with a rogue tanking Onyxia, everyone started joking about saying "I can do too!". Some people, however, were dead serious.

With potions, flasks, paladin auras, Darkmoon Faire buffs and all other sorts of other buffs and two groups of three healers in healing rotations we tanked Onyxia through phase one... with a priest. :D

Being a fairly young guild, we didn't dare to let her handle phase three, but we'll probably try that sooner or later. :)

Didn't get screenshots, but we're having a movie made of the endeavour.

Next project: MC in wedding dresses. :lol:

Edit: Woo, here it is! www.mikekehlet.dk/molo.wmv