Best Builds
Fools. Even if you had your dream items, you lack the ability to use them to full effect.
Lunan, in particular.
Take pride in your mediocrity...
There's no greatness left for you.
Quote:No one dissed the TC. They're dissing it if any nub actually wears it on their head. Since the sword and sandal version of the Thinking Cap is that much better. For the awesome +1 laser damage.

"That thing's operational!"
For those of you who might care, here's what I carry on my regular warrior (And what I'd like it to be).

Drag Zod, Drakes Zod, Drag Heav (Drag Zod x3)
Jade Zod
Gold Heav x3
Emerald Tiger
Awesome Plate (Awe Sorc)
Obs Stars armor
Ruby Whale armor
Diamond Whale helmet
RC
HoS
Kso H & V
Sso H & Heav

I believe that's it. Quite a bit of gear, and some of it isn't particularly necessary. On the other hand, you never know when you might want to shut up a level 50 archmage or tank rogue. Or some other blowhard who thinks they have the upper hand (Like myself.. Level 50 character, level 99 mouth).
Dueler, power leveler, potion connoisseur, LAW.. All in one package.
Of course, duels aside, even as a LAW things can get boring with a setup like that.
That's where LA2H comes in, but that's a different warrior.
Quote:Fools. Even if you had your dream items, you lack the ability to use them to full effect.
Lunan, in particular.

Astra! The man, the myth, the legend.

You need to get back on d1 man, and come to channel diablo LE, channel is still goin'. There is much I want to discuss with you in PvP (both chat-wise and on the battlefield itself), in particular rogue vs rogue :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Dude, you need to get your ass back in bnet. Grad is dying to play his purist character with ya, Dank is back and SeventhSon is around all the time now. There are some ppl that wanna duel ya, and one dude from europe Hariel with a rogue, that might make a serious competition vs Warriors. I won't mind crashing one more rogue head myself:Dhaha. Laz is busy just like you, prolly working working and sh1t, but man ya gotta find some time to get back on man.
What's to discuss?

<FireIceTalon> Duel?
<Astra-Lynn> Very well.
<FireIceTalon> Res?
<Astra-Lynn> I have none.

I can't imagine there's much else to be said.
However, I will return at some point.
Grad.. As in Gradeus?
If Gradeus and Dank are back, I will have to return as well.
By the way, I don't know who SeventhSon is. It sounds familiar, maybe I know him better by another name.

Quote:...and one dude from europe Hariel with a rogue, that might make a serious competition vs Warriors. I won't mind crashing one more rogue head myself:Dhaha.
How ridiculous.

Anyways, I'm glad that people still play. I had pretty much given up hope. When I come back, maybe I can get lazlo-zand to come back for some games as well.
Quote:What's to discuss?

<FireIceTalon> Duel?
<Astra-Lynn> Very well.
<FireIceTalon> Res?
<Astra-Lynn> I have none.

I can't imagine there's much else to be said.
However, I will return at some point.

LOL!!! Finallly someone with a mouth as big as mine and a tongue thats equally sharp. I love it!!

Confident are we?? Thats ok, so am I. My opponents underestimating me is definatly something I feed off of, and all the more incentive for me to spit on their arrow-filled, cold lifeless bodies when im finished having my fun with them in a few pride shattering hammer sessions. But no hate man, afterward ill buy ya a beer or two at Ogden's and then we can own some demons in hell/hell :)

Oh, and when i do lose a duel, i never ask for res, and i dont like when my opponents ask for it. Ressing is for wimps. You lose, your ass gets to restart and come back down the tp. :P

Hope to see ya soon .
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Eh, heres my two cents for a Warriors PvM settup.

Players vs. Monster
-Awesome/Presicion FPM -- Provides High AC and adds alot of Dex for Perfect Block in H/H, if your a low lvl.
-Royal Circlet (Of course) -- Has all around stat protection and adds on alot of Mana which is helpfull.
-Emerald/Tiger Gothic -- Adds All-around Resistance which you will DEFENITLY need in H/H.
-Kings/Speed Bastard Sword -- You'll need Fast attack for sure.
-Obsidian/Heavens Amulet -- To max off the resistances if your Emmy/Tiger does'nt do.
-Dragons/Zodiac Ring(s) -- You might want to stock up your mana for H/H (For various reasons)

Btw, nice to see that you might be joining us again Astra.:)
[Image: diabloplayerps4.png]
Quote:-Obsidian/Heavens Amulet -- To max off the resistances if your Emmy/Tiger does'nt do.
-Drakes/Heavens Ring(s) -- You might want to stock up your mana for H/H (For various reasons)

Btw, nice to see that you might be joining us again Astra.:)

You know, Zodiac is better than Heavens, and Dragon's is better than Drake's.

And thanks, I look forward to my return.
From the way you're talking, I'm going to assume you're keeping my throne and scepter warm while I'm away. Don't get too comfortable. By the way, my mouth is much larger than yours, and I frequently have to watch what I say, lest my tongue inadvertently split an atom. Maybe I'll let you win a round just for the free drink. Whiskey and water, please.
As for underestimating you, I doubt that. If you'll notice, I wrote you as lasting for "...". It's very rare indeed for anyone to last longer than one or two periods, if any at all. It's more likely that I've overestimated you, due to your colossal pretension.
But, as you said, no hate. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition. Hopefully you've learned much in my absence.

Oh, what does HA stand for again? "Hapless Alliance"? Or is it "Helpless"?

<FireIceTalon> ..Everything's red..
<Astra-Lynn> Diablo v1.09
Ah yes, i fixed the Drakes/Heavens to Dragons/Zodiac, but i might keep Obsidian/Heavens Amulet for now. Because i have been hearing that Obs/Zodiac is almost "Non-existent". Iv'e been asking players around LE about it and they say they hav'nt found a Obs/Zodiac this version, it's always Jade/Zodiac OR Obsidian/Heavens.
[Image: diabloplayerps4.png]
Quote:...but i might keep Obsidian/Heavens Amulet for now. Because i have been hearing that Obs/Zodiac is almost "Non-existent".
Almost is they key word.
Although insanely rare, it is possible. I have only found 3 in my many years on Diablo.
Quote:Fools. Even if you had your dream items, you lack the ability to use them to full effect.
Lunan, in particular.

you know when the shoe fits, i get to wear it. you are correct i am not particularly good at dueling, on a mae i am not bad to good, on a rogue i am no where near you, on a warrior, well i'm not fond of warriors i'm pretty pathetic when it comes to dueling with warriors

then again astra my fun comes from playing the game and doing random amusing things like clearing hell with just fists. and the occational duel is some times enjoyable but the 5 or 6 hours a night you and others would spend dueling was just not for me.

now for gaming, i make very good use of my dream items thank you.

and i will also stand up as one of those with big loud mouths:huh:
mine favourite outfit with my favourite character warrior, here it goes:

awesome full plate mail
awesome tower/gothic shield of the tiger
kings sword of haste/speed and one of vampires
2x obsidian jewel and one dragon/drakes jewel with some dexterity suffix for high chance to block
3x jewelled glasses of wizardry :)
royal circlet

and for lvl 16:

scavengers carapace
helm of sprits
obsidian shield of the tiger
one extra dragon or gold jewel again with some suffix

thats it..
I have found some pretty cool stuff with my sorc lvl43. I play Hellfire by the way

I mainly use

Thinking Cap
Naj's Light Plate
Dream Flange
Emerald Shield of the ages (ac 14/49%)
Drakes amulet of the Zodiac (46/17)
Serpents ring of the Heavens(32/12)
Dragons ring of the Zodiac (52/20)

But when im feeling more like a battle mage...

Godly Helm of Osmosis (Ac 11/184%)
Godly Plate (ac 63/198%)
Dream Flange
Godly Shield (ac 15/192%)
Drakes amulet of the Zodiac (46/17)
Serpents ring of the Heavens(32/12)

I got all the godly stuff from wirt. I have no problem killing everything, but im still looking out for more items. Any suggestions as to what i should use?
More resistances.
Array
Let me elaborate on what Sheep said... it's called humour.[/quote]
I've still never played Hellfire. I don't see a good triple immune killer in your setups, but I guess in Hellfire you can just use apoc? Another interesting aspect with regards to Hellfire, if I'm not mistaken, is that ranged attacks get blocked even if you have resistance to them. I can see this as being a bad thing for a sorceror... with so much mana and resistances you would rather just absorb the hit and continue casting spells. I would actually consider playing the arty mage style without any shield, and switching one piece of jewelry to make up the resistances. For the tank mage style, Stormshield would then be a big improvement over your current godly shield. Royal Circlet would be a better hat. For most levels you would want resistance jewelry. Your plate is equivalent to a perfect awesome fullplate, so that is pretty hard to improve upon unless Wirt offers you a better one. If you could get the same plate with base AC in the 70s, then you would have plenty of AC even with Thinking Cap or whatever.

It's all academic though. A sorceror's strength lies in spells and natural mana. Equipment offers some minor convenience, occasional protection from your own stupidity, and of course bragging rights.
Yeah for triple immunes i just use apoc and that takes care of them. I used to stone curse and pull out my champions bastard sword of the heavens, but i got tired of that.

Interesting point about the shield. I've been looking for the stormshield for the fast block, but so far no luck. Should i be using some staff? I have a Drakes staff of immolation thats fun to play around with, but the dreamflange is just so nice. Are any staffs worth using? Even an Arch Angels staff of wizardry doesnt sound that great to me.

I never find unique helms. The only two i have ever found are the thinking cap and the fools crest.

I had some pretty cool finds today.

Constricting ring

I finally broke 1000 mana, now i have 1018.

I also have a Gladiators ring (40% health moved to mana), but i definately do not have enough health to make that worthwhile. Not real sure how i feel about the constricting ring.

>I've still never played Hellfire. I don't see a good triple immune killer in your setups, but I guess in Hellfire you can just use apoc?

Iirc, apoc is slightly different in HF. It needs a line of sight to work. It's still pretty good for triple immune of course.

>Another interesting aspect with regards to Hellfire, if I'm not mistaken, is that ranged attacks get blocked even if you have resistance to them. I can see this as being a bad thing for a sorceror... with so much mana and resistances you would rather just absorb the hit and continue casting spells.

Yep, though sorcerors can just drop the shield and pick up a staff or caster weapon. So imo, it's more of an inconvenience for spell slingers, generally speaking.

What inconveniences the spell slinging sorcerors though, imo pretty much puts melee fighters with shields in a coma. Monks gets an extra kick in the teeth because they can block naturally when going bare fisted.

As much as I enjoyed vanilla HF, this 'feature' is what made me swore it off, and play HF: Fixed instead.